• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why isn't Namine's name Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGizzles456

Namine asked Roxas in KH2 does he remember his real name (which is Sora). The reason why Sora's Nobody's name is Roxas is because Xemnas named him Roxas. Namine wasn't a member of the Organization XIII, so shouldn't her name be Kairi?

Why was 2 nobodies created after Sora turned into a Heartless? Why did Namine specifically go to Kairi instead of both Sora and Kairi?

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Well, original Namine wasn't even supposed to be the Nobody of Kairi. Though I still don't get why her name is Namine.

Muse

you look atrocious
Remember, Namine came from both Kairi and Sora. With that in mind, Namine should've been named Sora as well. :v It was his body and soul she came from, anyways.

Fʀᴀᴎᴋ

Namine asked Roxas in KH2 does he remember his real name (which is Sora). The reason why Sora's Nobody's name is Roxas is because Xemnas named him Roxas. Namine wasn't a member of the Organization XIII, so shouldn't her name be Kairi?

The real name Naminé is referring to is the one of Roxas' full entity, but it is NOT the real name of Sora's Nobody. The only reason Roxas or any Org. XIII member has a name similar to his or her full form is a trend set by Xemnas. In other words, when a Nobody is born, it is like any other thing being born : it does not HAVE a name, it is GIVEN one. Simple as that.

So, Naminé is named that way because she named herself that way or someone else did it for her.

Why was 2 nobodies created after Sora turned into a Heartless? Why did Namine specifically go to Kairi instead of both Sora and Kairi?

Two Nobodies were created because two Hearts left Sora's Body when he stabbed himself. And if I had to guess why Naminé went to Kairi, it's probably because the memories of her past life were Kairi's.

Muse

you look atrocious
Namine actually didn't have any memories. :v

But I feel like it was said she went to Kairi because it was Kairi's heart that left Sora's body and soul.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Remember, Namine came from both Kairi and Sora. With that in mind, Namine should've been named Sora as well. :v It was his body and soul she came from, anyways.

Namine isn't made up of a Body and Soul though.

Secret Ansem Report 9 said:
She is a non-being in the truest sense of the word; having not become a Nobody and with nowhere left to go, she is but the most fleeting of shadows.

Secret Ansem Report 10 said:
Namine’. As I have written here before, she is a most unusual being. Born of the same process as a Nobody, but lacking virtually all of the elements of a Nobody. Perhaps she continues drawing in hopes of capturing that which she lacks: the memories of others, especially Sora.

I have arrived at a hypothesis. I believer that Namine’ was born as a special type of Nobody when Sora attacked himself with the Keyblade, causing his and Kairi’s hearts to leave their bodies simultaneously. Namine’ emerged as Kairi’s Nobody… but the body and soul necessary to exist as a Nobody belonged to Sora.

Muse

you look atrocious
Yeah. She came from Sora's body and soul.

Doesn't mean she's made up of one though. :/

zaqareemalcolm

Incoming Wall of text.

I remember somewhere that Namine is derived from the japanese word of wave(except for the "ne"which is the past participle of the french word for "to be born")So,Namine means "To be born from the wave" and waves are made from both Wind(Sora in Japanese) and Sea(Kai in Japanese) so probably they named her Namine to reflect her connection to Sora and Kairi.

2 Nobodies were created when Sora stabbed himself because 2 Hearts have left the Sora.Sora's heart became a heartless and Kairi's heart returned to Kairi.

Namine returned to Kairi instead of both Sora and Kairi because she is born of Kairi's heart.

Muse

you look atrocious
I remember somewhere that Namine is derived from the japanese word of wave(except for the "ne"which is the past participle of the french word for "to be born")So,Namine means "To be born from the wave" and waves are made from both Wind(Sora in Japanese) and Sea(Kai in Japanese) so probably they named her Namine to reflect her connection to Sora and Kairi.

I actually heard from someone who deals with translating that that's false. :v And it's all just something the fandom came up with.

Muse

you look atrocious
Because Nomura just came up with the name? :v

Muse

you look atrocious
Not everything in KH has to have some explanation behind it. :/ Nomura could have very well have just come up with the name 'Namine' and decided that he was going to use it for her.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'll quote a nice debate between me and goldpanner.

Ne does not mean practically nothing on it's own. It can be a particle, at the end of sentences, which I think you are referring to. However, it's not just a particle; depending on the context, ne can have several meanings. In a compound word like a name, it could mean sound, root/source, or core/heart/nature.

Her name is often written in Kanji in the Japanese fandom as 波音; 'the sound of waves'. The novels make several puns about this, so even if it's not canon, it's definitely something that a Japanese person reading her name would notice.

Buuut, there's no way they'd mix a Japanese 'nami' (and there's no way that isn't Japanese for wave), with a French 'ne' >___>

The é is for pronounciation. It's na-mi-neh, but if you spell it Namine, people could misread it as Nameen or something. Especially since she was introduced in the GBA game without VA to let people hear how to say it!

I do kind of like the "born from the waves" meaning though. Or "sound of the wave". Makes her seem even less tangible than she was because she's not even the actual wave. She's either an echo of it or for all we know, the foam o3o

I did read in one doujin, something like... she was 'sasanami no ne', the sound of a ripple. As in, nothing. It was very sad...

So the "né" does have meaning, it seems, and one that puts a rather tragic pun on the nature of Namine's existence. Being - practically nothing, even less than a Nobody.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'll assume you mean Xion by the black hair, in which case I'll call Oblivion relations, what with all the Memory basis and Snarl of Memories indicating she's related to Riku and not only to Sora

As for Namine, seeing how she was born when Roxas was, I'm personally blaming her pale skin and blonde hair on the same thing I blame Roxas's colors on - Ven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back