• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where did the door come from?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

Silver Member
Yes it was Riku who opened the door to the heart of Destiny Islands. It was confirmed by Nomura a while back in his early interviews. He was the one who opened the door because of his curiosity. I forgot where but I heard Riku was tempted by XH to open the door because XH was probably still on Destiny Islands at the time.

It's like Xehanort seeing the keyhole that led to the heart of Radiant Garden.
"It didn't appear to be locked, so I opened it"

Same case scenerio with Riku on DI

Oh. Is it the man in brown cloak asking him to unlock it?

Vanitas.

Oh. Is it the man in brown cloak asking him to unlock it?

Most likely. That was XH. Either that or Riku unlocked it because of his curiosity.

I think the scene where 6 year old Riku looks back at the DI door and it has a keyhole shows that he's tempted to open it in the future.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Way to Dawn is a Keyblade I think. Isn't it?

Yeah, but it's kind of irrelevant right now.

Nonono xD My word makes you misunderstand. Sorry about that.

I mean is it Riku who unlock the keyhole which make DI overtake by darkness?

Not your words, exactly, but lack thereof. You never mentioned the time period you were referring to, and going off from the previous posts, led me to misinterpret what you said. Well, don't worry about it xD

Ansem SoD coerced Riku into opening the door the night of the storm. It's elaborated a bit more in the Reverse/Rebirth novel.

Most likely. That was XH. Either that or Riku unlocked it because of his curiosity.

I think the scene where 6 year old Riku looks back at the DI door and it has a keyhole shows that he's tempted to open it in the future.

5-year-old. That happened before Kairi showed up.

Not really. That cutscene showed the first time Sora and Riku ever ventured into the secret place. And if you see a strange door there with a giant keyhole on it, of course you'd be curious.

Crystal

Silver Member
Not your words, exactly, but lack thereof. You never mentioned the time period you were referring to, and going off from the previous posts, led me to misinterpret what you said. Well, don't worry about it xD

Ansem SoD coerced Riku into opening the door the night of the storm. It's elaborated a bit more in the Reverse/Rebirth novel.

Sorry xDD
What? Novel, i missed out thingy again ;___;

When did Kairi comes to DI ?

Vanitas.

You're getting a bit confused

The scene that showed Riku seeing a keyhole on DI took place 9 years before KH1. This takes place right after Kairi arrives at Destiny Islands. Because then Sora leaves saying "Let's go see the mayor. They found a girl"

Something in those words and then Riku looks back and sees the keyhole
So they were 5 and 6. We know that for a fact because Xehanort's Heartless was made 9 years before KH1 and he sent Kairi off when he was a heartless, not a human.
When did Kairi comes to DI ?
9 years before KH1
The mayor found her and apparently raised her

It was said by Sora in KH1 (through text because they were little)..in the flashback where Riku sees the Keyhole at DI. Sora then talks about going and visiting the mayor because there's a new girl there.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Right right xD My bad

Crystal

Silver Member
You're getting a bit confused

The scene that showed Riku seeing a keyhole on DI took place 9 years before KH1. This takes place right after Kairi arrives at Destiny Islands. Because then Sora leaves saying "Let's go see the mayor. They found a girl"

Something in those words and then Riku looks back and sees the keyhole
So they were 5 and 6. We know that for a fact because Xehanort's Heartless was made 9 years before KH1 and he sent Kairi off when he was a heartless, not a human.

9 years before KH1
The mayor found her and apparently raised her

It was said by Sora in KH1 (through text because they were little)..in the flashback where Riku sees the Keyhole at DI. Sora then talks about going and visiting the mayor because there's a new girl there.

Wait..So, Kairi is send to Destiny Islands after RG being taken over by darkness?
Since, AX had seperated into Xemnas and Ansem SoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back