When to play Birth by Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Michaeljay

Hi!

I'm new to the kingdom hearts series and currently only have the first game for the Ps2. I really wanted to play Birth
by Sleep for the PSP, however I do not know when to play it. Would I be fine if I played the first game, and then went to birth by sleep (I know it is set before the first game, so I think playing the first game, then BBS would be fine).

Thank you!

Dandelion

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Keyblade Champion
  • O, Purest of Hearts
  • Key of Destiny
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
BBS resolves a lot of plot left open in Kingdom Hearts II, I mean you could but it wouldn't be the same- it should be pretty easy to get a used copy cheap tho

Bufferino

super hyped
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Keyblade Master
  • Life is Strange
  • Final Fantasy VII PC
  • In the Grid
CoM (or RECoM) is necessary to play, too. Though, I'm unsure if you need to play it before BBS.

VenVen

If your planning to play KH2 before bbs, you should play Re:CoM before that. And I recommand playing 358/2 days after KH2 before you play bbs. When you have played all of these games the story of bbs should be understandable. You could skip 358/2 days but if your playing all pf the KH games you can't miss this one for the story progression.

Muke

whatever
  • Savage Nymph
  • Key of Destiny
  • Graceful Assassin
  • Come So Far
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Melodious Nocturne
I always recommend:

KH 1 -> (Re)Com -> (Days) -> KH 2 -> BBS -> (Re:)Coded -> DDD

Days isn't that important, though there is a certain character in it and that character will appear in DDD for some seconds, so.
You might as well just play KH1,COM,KH2 and then BBS, because you can just watch the cutscenes of the others.

Idk

VenVen

I would play days after KH2, if you play days before 2 I think it spoils some of the fun and wow moments

LingeringVanitas

If you want to play them in order BBS comes first. But, its ultimately up to you when to play them. And I'd strongly recommend the Final Mix versions of the games.

Howler

I want you to be happier
  • No Name
  • Master Defender
  • The Foreteller
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
  • Savage Nymph
KH1 and then playing BBS if fine. Once after you complete KH1 and then play BBS, the story could make more sense. If you want to start at the beginning then go down the timeline, then BBS would be first. It basically doesn't matter if you play KH1 or BBS first because they're both origin stories that connect to eachother.

Audo

press △ to sora
  • Key of Destiny
  • O, Purest of Hearts
  • Savage Nymph
  • Graceful Assassin
  • Come So Far
Whatever you do, don't watch Blank Points if you're playing BBS before KH1/KH2/Days/so on

Ree

i personally wouldnt recommend playing BBS before the actual Kingdom Hearts Trinity, BBS has stuff that youd need to play the trinity to fully appreciate.