• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Spring 2024 isn't that bad of a wait imo. However, if they put out a tweet come the end of spring stating the beta's been moved again to Summer 2024, then we might have a problem. 😅☠️

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I continue to feel supremely "...why?" about the GPS component of the game. I'm sure there will be some novelty to it at launch but it simply can't be worth all this trouble and investment when they probably could've had a perfectly solid, fully functioning action RPG mobile game ready to launch in 2022 without all this geolocation headache business. It leaves me wondering: who is this for? Seems like a risky business decision and it's unfortunate that KH is the guinea pig.

In any case, I don't think it has much bearing on KH4's release other than the fact that it may be siphoning development staff for a prolonged period of time.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Oh no, I absolutely doubt that ML has any bearing on 4's release. I actually don't think KH4 will even have much to say about Scala, Brain, and ancient lore. I feel as though KH4 will mostly invest in Unreality, Yozora, interpersonal drama with our cast, and allowing MoM and Xigbar to be vague threats

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The clown in me wants to hope this is the bad news before they drop something good tomorrow. But we all know last minute communication is par for the course for KH mobile games. They could at least show us the footage that was shown to the focus group to tide us over.

It sounds like the game itself is probably more or less ready to go if they were to release it on iOS only. So hoping they can get it together and it will still release by June.

As for the effect on KH4, I don’t think it’s going to negatively impact it. I’ve seen some people saying KH4 won’t release until ML has completed its life cycle and… just no. As I’ve been saying, they likely want them to release closer together than further apart. That way it can profit from the hype. We saw the same thing with UX slowing its updates to a crawl until KH3 had a firm release date. So this delay likely just pushes it closer to KH4’s release and will hopefully get faster/bigger story updates as a result.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Oh no, I absolutely doubt that ML has any bearing on 4's release. I actually don't think KH4 will even have much to say about Scala, Brain, and ancient lore. I feel as though KH4 will mostly invest in Unreality, Yozora, interpersonal drama with our cast, and allowing MoM and Xigbar to be vague threats
KH5 on the other hand...

The clown in me wants to hope this is the bad news before they drop something good tomorrow. But we all know last minute communication is par for the course for KH mobile games. They could at least show us the footage that was shown to the focus group to tide us over.

It sounds like the game itself is probably more or less ready to go if they were to release it on iOS only. So hoping they can get it together and it will still release by June.

As for the effect on KH4, I don’t think it’s going to negatively impact it. I’ve seen some people saying KH4 won’t release until ML has completed its life cycle and… just no. As I’ve been saying, they likely want them to release closer together than further apart. That way it can profit from the hype. We saw the same thing with UX slowing its updates to a crawl until KH3 had a firm release date. So this delay likely just pushes it closer to KH4’s release and will hopefully get faster/bigger story updates as a result.
I just want a crumb of KH4 news lol, like they could show the same trailer but with one difference and we'll all go mad lol

Like I want to see that Sora room customization Nomura was talking about

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
KH5 on the other hand...

I just want a crumb of KH4 news lol, like they could show the same trailer but with one difference and we'll all go mad lol

Like I want to see that Sora room customization Nomura was talking about

They could literally just show the logo again with “more info in 2024”. I just need to feel something. 😂

Less than 24 hours to go!

I’d love to see what people’s biggest dreams to see are if we were to get a trailer tomorrow. For me, it has to be that they reveal Cloud and/or Zack in Quadratum. Give him a modern real world outfit like Sora. It would be perfect with FFVII day and Rebirth coming up.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
They could literally just show the logo again with “more info in 2024”. I just need to feel something. 😂

Less than 24 hours to go!

I’d love to see what people’s biggest dreams to see are if we were to get a trailer tomorrow. For me, it has to be that they reveal Cloud and/or Zack in Quadratum. Give him a modern real world outfit like Sora. It would be perfect with FFVII day and Rebirth coming up.
I want to see what Donald and Goofy will look like in Quadratum, will they be actual animals or be like Disney World mascots lol

It's been like almost 2 years since the last trailer, we're going to get a trailer eventually.

God I miss E3, the two trailers back to back in 2018 was so crazy. Frozen and Caribbean trailers was the most hype moment in the KH3 wait. I don't think we'll get two announcements like that ever again.

I hope that the trailer doesn't spoil major story stuff lol. Like they probably gonna reveal Master of Master's face in a trailer just watch

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Womp womp.

Though I did find it interesting they said (re: the FF7R State of Play), “Square Enix will be sharing new gameplay details, along with exciting news you won’t wanna miss.”

I’m not sayin they’d sneak a KH4 trailer into an FF7R focused state of play but… what if…. 👀

(I am clearly starved for KH news here)

the red monster

Awards
Womp womp.

Though I did find it interesting they said (re: the FF7R State of Play), “Square Enix will be sharing new gameplay details, along with exciting news you won’t wanna miss.”

I’m not sayin they’d sneak a KH4 trailer into an FF7R focused state of play but… what if…. 👀

exciting news = demo shadow drop

Awards
I was interested in the "exciting news" bit too but realistically I'm not expecting anything until after February 29th but we'll see

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Womp womp.

It’s probably gonna be the demo announcement. I’m surprised they didn’t want to do something for FFVII day. But that is technically over already in Japan.

With the timing of that State of Play and ML’s beta pushed back, I don’t think we’ll be getting any KH news in February.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
SE should just have its own mini-direct/trailer drop for KH again. The powers at be for these console showcases will probably never take KH seriously enough to make it a big focal point. So I’d rather they just do their own thing where they can show both Missing Link and KH4 at the same time. And maybe reveal any unannounced KH projects that may be in development.

Also, the Rebirth State of Play is happening on 7-2 in Japan. As in FFVII-2 and Aerith’s in-game birthday. So don’t put it past Nomura to give us some KH news on a date like April 10th again. Lol

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
heard there's rumors about playstation showcase happening in may. XVI DLC will release around that time too so sounds about right.
pretty sure last years showcase was in may so maybe sony likes that timing.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KH fans had it too good with the immense quality of ReMind, Sora getting into Smash, and the spectacular KH4 reveal. This two year drought is merely everything coming back into balance.

yes I know there's been Missing Link news, but outside of the music there is not going to be a single good thing about that atrocious idea of a game.

Back