• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What You Think Of Sephiroth!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cetramarius

Website
www.reager.no
uhm, you do know what sephiroth is not a cetra and neither is jenova right? jenova was an alien who spread itself like a virus on the planet thousands of years ago, the cetra who were the real ancients of the planet made the gaia(lifestream, spirit of the earth) produce the 5 weapons to destroy jenova. however, they won, but jenova was not completely destroyed. At birth, Sephiroth had been manipulated with Jenova cells, and its a proven theory that jenova cells will merge with each other when they find each other, therefor it is important that sephiroth gets jenovas head to merge with that and his clones, to reunite all the jenova cells and bring back jenova... the reunion.

Moogle Queen said:
Well, I'll say, it was nice having him as a boss. Do you think he'll have a bigger role in KH2?

Just wanna ask. :)

Possibly but I think they'll only have sephiroth if they have cloud in it...

Cetramarius said:
uhm, you do know what sephiroth is not a cetra and neither is jenova right? jenova was an alien who spread itself like a virus on the planet thousands of years ago, the cetra who were the real ancients of the planet made the gaia(lifestream, spirit of the earth) produce the 5 weapons to destroy jenova. however, they won, but jenova was not completely destroyed. At birth, Sephiroth had been manipulated with Jenova cells, and its a proven theory that jenova cells will merge with each other when they find each other, therefor it is important that sephiroth gets jenovas head to merge with that and his clones, to reunite all the jenova cells and bring back jenova... the reunion.

And your point being? :confused:

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Sephiroth101101 said:
Sephiroth rules... those who disagree or flame me will be destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Destroys everything anyway w/ SUPERNOVA and SIN HARVEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Basic summary of sephironth-

Best kickass video game villian i've ever seen,
Pain in the ass to beat.

Done.

Darkness3

Sephiroth i think is the hardest of all. It took me a long time just to beat him. I still beat him but when i did my game froze after i beat him. I got angry so it took me not as long but i still beat him when no mistakes. he is still the most hardest.
:(

Darkness3 said:
Sephiroth i think is the hardest of all. It took me a long time just to beat him. I still beat him but when i did my game froze after i beat him. I got angry so it took me not as long but i still beat him when no mistakes. he is still the most hardest.
:(

WhAT ON kingdom hearts or final fantasy 7?

Cetramarius

Website
www.reager.no
my point is to tell you sephiroth is not a cetra, neither is jenova, so why would your poem about sephiroth call jenova the mother of cetra, shes the enemy of cetra

(~Perfection_Achieved~)

Rikku's Heart and Soul...
Website
www.myspace.com
Ah no, see Jenova was a cetra, but when the Meteora came to Cetra-Earth most of the cetra left and Jenova stayed. She was "killed" by the Meteora but also becme part of it. That's why the Jenova cells made Sephiroth a technical Cetra. I have more stuff if you want it, but a fellow Cetra can understand.

The One He Fears said:
Ah no, see Jenova was a cetra, but when the Meteora came to Cetra-Earth most of the cetra left and Jenova stayed. She was "killed" by the Meteora but also becme part of it. That's why the Jenova cells made Sephiroth a technical Cetra. I have more stuff if you want it, but a fellow Cetra can understand.

There'll never be such a devoted sephiroth fan as you... That's so cool that you devote such time to know Sephy....

Dont get me wrong though To me squall is everything...

shadows rise said:
I never played FF7 but im pretty sure he is harder than in KH.:confused:

Well at one stage i bet sephy pretty easy but at the end he was a powerful opponent making it a great fight... Him being the main boss and all!

Cetramarius

Website
www.reager.no
You are like way out here, why are you making up your own story?
Dont you know Jenova was an alien that tried to destroy the cetra? Thats why she was called the crisis from the sky. She destroyed most of the cetra that was left on earth, but a few survived. The weapons were produced by earth to destroy jenova, something they succeeded in. Sephiroth has never been a cetra, he was gene manipulated with jenova cells, he is infact a breed from the enemy of the cetra. All this comes out if you read proffessor ghasts and hojos research in midgar and icicle area. If you see the old videos, you see that jenova came many years after the cetra came on the earth. Aeris was the last cetra, and sephiroth killed her because he wanted no one to stand in his way. Sephiroth found out he was not a cetra eventually, after reading the research in the nibelheim library. He wanted to kill Aeris because she was the last one, and she held the power to summon holy. But as she was killed, she was very strong mentally, and as you know, the cetra could speak with the planet, so she merged her mental self with the planets spirit itself. Thats why you can see at the end when the meteor crashes into the planet, that first comes the lifestream to keep it away, and then comes holy ! Which bursts out of the north crater, and backs up the lifestream. Aeris was the only one that could summon this, thats why you also see that aeris gives her hand down to cloud in a spiritual way in the end, which eventually turns into tifa. Also in the end, you see aeris like you do in the first fmv movie. Its a symbol that aeris saved the planet. It also comes forth that there is only one last cetra left of all other cetras while aeris is still allive. Basically, everyone knew that sephiroth was not a cetra, he was a production of a god. His mother were lucrecia, his father was either vincent or hojo, and he was manipulated with the genes of the crisis from the sky

Darkness3

he is very hard the first time you try to beat him. IT took me 15 tries before i can beat him. He is also cool.

mashi_tsushiro

seohie ish sexy!! he ish sooo kewl!! the coolest charachter ever >DD

and he ish soo manlyyyy >D love too see him in FF VII or KH or will do in FF AC!! OMG i cant wait FF AC and KH2!! >D

(~Perfection_Achieved~)

Website
www.myspace.com
This is the truth:

Jenova
Contrary to what Sephiroth thinks, Jenova isn't really his mother. The information he found out must have been missing a few important points, maybe nobody recorded it? Maybe Sephiroth misread/misunderstood the information? MAYBE THE BOOKS WERE LIES! (Or perhaps Sephiroth couldn't read very well! Okay, bad joke...). Because really Sephiroth is a normal human, just a bit altered +B. He was the child of Lucrecia and Hojo the two assistant scientists in the Jenova Project. When Lucrecia was pregnant Hojo decided he would inject her with Jenova cells so that she would give birth to a child with powers of the Cetra. Lucrecia agreed but after giving birth to Sephiroth she collapsed and disappeared. After thinking it through, my view is that Lucrecia did die but not a whole death, because she says in the waterfall that the Jenova cells in her won't let her die, in my view I think she means that the Jenova cells keep her soul alive and won't let her pass on peacefully.
Ah ha, but there's more, so Sephiroth thinks that Jenova is his mother but really she isn't, he also believes she is one of the Ancients, but she isn't. During the Jenova Project the last survivor of the real Cetra was found alive and well, this woman (Ifalna) was interveiwed by professor Gast, and he was told the truth about the Ancients and Jenova. The crisis which struck the planet was Jenova, who arrived on a meteor (quite possibly THE Meteor). Jenova, being the planet-hopping virus that she is then infected the Cetra who came to get rid of her, thus, wiping almost all of them out.

More on Jenova. Now you see, she had quite a big role. This particular theory I'm referring to is one that I myself believe could be very true. There is no doubt that Jenova played a big part as a villain, either she was controlling Sephiroth like Sephiroth was able to control Cloud at points for example. Or Sephiroth willingly let Jenova act through him as he believed that she was his mother. Whichever is the case, this was probably very easy for Jenova as Sephiroth was the ideal candidate as he was the first in the Jenova project and most likely had the largest percentage of Jenova cells inside him.

The Reunion
You will hear Sephiroth mention 'the reunion' a few times in the game. So, what is the reunion? Well, mad scientist Hojo who was working on the Jenova project thought up this reunion theory, it was that if Jenova's cells were scattered they would find each other again and become one, the place where they would meet would be the promised land. It was called the reunion for the obvious reason that the cells would reunite with each other. Hojo injected test subjects with Jenova cells to see if his theory would work. These test subjects are the black-cloaked figures you see at certain places (temple of the ancients, Nibelheim, and the northern crater). They could be related to the Sephiroth copies which he controls because some of them manage to mention Sephiroth it's as if they are 'his followers'. Something which I thought of whilst playing the game was that the citizens of Nibelheim who were killed when Sephiroth burned it down were taken away and injected with Jenova cells and turned into the black-cloacked figures that you see when you go there, I also read an agreeing theory at 'Sephiroth no Oukoku' a long time ago, so it might be right ^^;

(~Perfection_Achieved~)

Website
www.myspace.com
And this is the random info for all true Sephiroth fans:

His name
The name Sephiroth was a name cleverly picked by Squaresoft, because if you look up information on the word "Sephiroth" you will see that it comes from the teachings of the Kabbalah, which is a very interesting subject. In the Kabbalah's teachings there are 10 Sephiroth (plural: Sephirah) symbolised in the Tree of Life. Each Sephiroth represents a path of ideas, attributes and concepts that one must realise and understand within oneself. Once that is done a person will have reached divine perfection, realised their Inner Christ and so forth. I find this extremely interesting in relation to Sephiroth-sama, as throughout the game he is striving to become like a god, to reach that perfection, and to go to the Promised Land. I hope I have given you an [accurate] insight into the meaning behind Sephiroth's name. I am no expert on the Kabbalistic teachings, what I have written is only a [very] brief summary of what I have understood from reading through various webpages. If this has interested you I strongly suggest looking up this subject further, so you can understand for yourself the significance of Sephiroth's name.

Masamune
The Masamune is the name of Sephiroth's sword (and it also crops up in other FF games in various guises), it's an extremely long, curved (having the sword slightly curved gives it more strength to witdthstand battles) sword. It could be a No-Dachi, a six-foot war sword. And probably originated from Japan's Old Sword Period (called Koto) which was their Golden Age of swordmaking. This was when they forged blades with a curve to make them stronger and they also made long swords which were over four feet in length (which Sephiroth's masamune certainly is >D). From reading in my martial arts encyclopedia (which is a very interesting book, btw +B) I have learned that "Mune" is the japanese name for the back of a sword, and there are all different kinds of classifications like "kakumune", "mitsu-mune", "mune-hikushi" etc. Which all mean different things about the backs of the sword, eg, mitsu-mune is a double back on a sword. 'Masamune' translates to 'straight back'/'straight backridge'. Anyway that's just a little bit about the Masamune and it's name literally. But most likely the name of Masamune comes from the Japanese swordsmith of the same name. One of the most (THE most?) reknowned Japanese swordsmiths of all time. Masamune lived during the Kamakura Era in Japan (late 1200s - early 1300s) and had an immense talent for sword-making. His swords were believed to have spiritual attributes to them, and some stories say only those with a pure soul could wield them. The famous legend behind Masamune's swords is this; if you placed the blade of a Masamune into a stream, if a leaf floated towards the blade, it would change course (as if being repelled by the sword's true nature) and not get sliced in two. The Murasame blade (interestingly enough, one of Cloud's swords in the game) in the same leaf test is said to attract any leaves that pass by and cut them all. This is because whoever forged the Murasame could not have understood properly the true purpose of a sword, to save lives not just to take. Hence the destructive nature of the sword. The Murasame appears to really be a legendary sword, probably based on the name "Muramasa" a swordsmith whose swords were cursed by his misunderstanding of his art (also interesting is that Muramasa was one of Masamune's pupils @_@;;). The Murasame was probably made up to contrast with Masamune's swords. Thankyou to everyone who has emailed be about the Masamune, and helped me clear through all the variations of information/stories/etc to [hopefully] get the facts right!

Wings
In the final battle with Sephiroth, his final form is that of an Angel. He has 6 white angel wings which support him from beneath his body (or just torso +D) And then he has the dominant dark, strange looking wing coming from his right arm/shoulder (I presume this is the wing that gives him the title of "One-Winged Angel") making a total of 7 wings. I think that the number of wings is significant somehow, because the number 7 is an important religious number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back