• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would ruin KH3 for you? - Story wise.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry

Not as in gameplay, i mean by the plot, like if Terra never came back, or Sora dies, Xehanort winning ect..

Mine would be : Roxas ending up with Namine and Roxas and Ven merging

ps: I have nothing against Rokunami, I much prefer him with Xion.

Muke

whatever
Awards
who is this xion you are talking about
Honestly, just plot twists that retcon shit again.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Kairi getting shafted again the possibility of more plot contrivance. Empty worlds is another thing (though I halfway expecting it)

Honestly I think KH3 will disappoint most of us one way of another anyway.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Honestly I think KH3 will disappoint most of us one way of another anyway.
i think that's a rumor!

Nah, I also think there will be something that'll disappoint many users - no game is perfect after all. Might be gameplay, might be story or whatever

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Mh.

The "average shonen manga" ending where you discard the bad guy you've learned to love and the final boss is some kind of random ancient entity with no characterization at all.
Also known as FF IX's Final Boss.

Sora doing everything, one way or another. In other terms, too many characters getting the shaft kinda like KH II.

Another complicated concept explained like time travelling.

No interaction between protagonists. Kairi and Lea are going to fight too? Then don't do like Mickey in KH II. Don't send them to some random mission and we'll never see them again aside for a couple of turning points in the plot.
Likewise, when TAV enters the scene, a bit of dialogue between them. Don't make them take everything they don't know for granted, make them emote with the others.

Can't really think of much else only plot-wise.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Despite all statements to the contrary, I still don't like how there is "no concept of death" in the series and wish we could have some actual deaths to give stakes. Everyone who "dies" comes back. It's not an entirely bad thing with everyone, since the Organization coming back as Somebodies was explained, of course. But I dunno. I'm sure everyone, TAV, Xion, etc etc will come back and be whole and happy. But it still feels too happy, too "neatly tied bow" to me. So it's a complaint I already have? I know it sounds sorry.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Despite all statements to the contrary, I still don't like how there is "no concept of death" in the series and wish we could have some actual deaths to give stakes. Everyone who "dies" comes back. It's not an entirely bad thing with everyone, since the Organization coming back as Somebodies was explained, of course. But I dunno. I'm sure everyone, TAV, Xion, etc etc will come back and be whole and happy. But it still feels too happy, too "neatly tied bow" to me. So it's a complaint I already have? I know it sounds sorry.

Agreed. If not death, some terrible irreversible thing should happen. Someone should lose their Keyblade, a world should get destroyed, someone should suffer a real injury, something negative.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh yeah, and it's not exactly "ruining" the game, but not confirming ships.
Not just for KH, I hate when a work that has possible romantic pairings doesn't establish them.

Don't give me this "open ending" bs: there's fanfiction for that. The fandom will make every ship happening wether you like it or not.
You author give me your way on this- and I know you have one.

Launchpad

Awards
Oh yeah, and it's not exactly "ruining" the game, but not confirming ships.
Not just for KH, I hate when a work that has possible romantic pairings doesn't establish them.

Don't give me this "open ending" bs: there's fanfiction for that. The fandom will make every ship happening wether you like it or not.
You author give me your way on this- and I know you have one.

I don't really agree here; while it would be cute to see Sora and Kairi end up together, or confirm Sora as gay and go with Riku, you end up polarizing a lot of people either way. That and I really don't think Nomura is capable of conveying a good romance!

If Sora ends up with anyone, the last scene should take place on the magic carpet flying into the horizon

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
People are already polarized.
Even a canon confirmation won't stop shippers to believe otherwise and internet-killing each other over it, just as Sakura marrying Sasuke didn't stop NaruSaku (and SasuNaru) fandoms.
The flaws of people don't concern me and my wish of having a story with a proper ending (I am so against open-endings. It's just a polite way to call unfinished material).
Mind that I'm talking about open-endings and not open-to-interpretation-endings, that's different.

I just want to know what part of Sora's interactions was friendship and what was actual love: I don't even ask Nomura to do a good display of that, just to give me the truth. Because he has an opinion about it. He knows wether Sora loves one, or potentially none, of his friends.

Launchpad

Awards
People are already polarized.
Even a canon confirmation won't stop shippers to believe otherwise and internet-killing each other over it, just as Sakura marrying Sasuke didn't stop NaruSaku (and SasuNaru) fandoms.
The flaws of people don't concern me and my wish of having a story with a proper ending (I am so against open-endings. It's just a polite way to call unfinished material).
Mind that I'm talking about open-endings and not open-to-interpretation-endings, that's different.

I just want to know what part of Sora's interactions was friendship and what was actual love: I don't even ask Nomura to do a good display of that, just to give me the truth. Because he has an opinion about it. He knows wether Sora loves one, or potentially none, of his friends.

the comparison to Naruto isn't super lucrative because Naruto is a very poorly written piece of entertainment.

If nothing else, Kingdom Hearts has a consistent tone, and romance hasn't ever been part of it. And it really is a pickle. some people fucking love KH because they feel like Sora and Riku represent a very positive and possibly romantic relationship, especially in DDD. Meanwhile, Sora and Kairi had a lot of romantic implications in KH1 and KH2; it's so hard to do one or the other RIGHT without ruining the other. It'd make the whole thing not make sense.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
sora loves all of his friends =___=

and kh3 is not the end of the series, so obviously its ending is going to be open in one way or another

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
the comparison to Naruto isn't super lucrative because Naruto is a very poorly written piece of entertainment.

I think in terms of characters and characterization Naruto and KH are really comparable, actually.
Side characters get casted aside, a core of popular ones gets all the actions, and the triangles between couples are a consinstent part of the fandom.
If this means Naruto actually writes some things good, or KH writes some things as bad as Naruto... I leave that to anyone to decide.

If nothing else, Kingdom Hearts has a consistent tone, and romance hasn't ever been part of it. And it really is a pickle. some people diddlying love KH because they feel like Sora and Riku represent a very positive and possibly romantic relationship, especially in DDD. Meanwhile, Sora and Kairi had a lot of romantic implications in KH1 and KH2; it's so hard to do one or the other RIGHT without ruining the other. It'd make the whole thing not make sense.

As I said: this is about what I want/don't want from KH III. If people decide their headcanon not getting realized is enough to hate the game or something, it's not my problem. I do realize I don't really care about the status quo and have a kind of selfish reasoning, but that's me.
And I don't want a deep, cured sequence of a ship utterly demolishing the other: even just a post-credit scene the lenght of Kairi drawing the Paopu is enough.
What I want is the confirmation, not how is displayed.

Zul

Awards
I can't think of any(sensible) thing off the top of my head that would completely ruin the entire game. But there are a few things that would certainly be damaging.

-Lack of character interaction, TAV should get to know some of the others like Roxas and Lea..ect.
-Vanitas only showing up at the end and dying again just as immediately.
-Someone else having been manipulating Xehanort behind the scenes.

If this means Naruto actually writes some things good, or KH writes some things as bad as Naruto... I leave that to anyone to decide.
I do think they are quite comparable. In terms of what I feel about them, I think the best of Naruto is better than the best of KH, and the worst of Naruto is worse than the worst of KH, it falls into more extremes for me.

KingOfHearts

Isn't it already established by the paupu drawings that Sora and Kairi are romantically involved? Also, the trend continues when they meet in kh2. I'm sure a kiss will seal the deal in kh3, but it's very obvious that that's what happening imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back