• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What makes a Keyblade/Keyblde master?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Answer

Now, we all know the keyblade is a powerful weapon, but my theory is that it’s the keyblade master’s heart which is the true weapon and each keyblade master’s keyblade is connected to their heart. Now, anyone can create a keyblade, it simply takes someone with a strong enough heart to bring it out. Also, I think there are different kinds of hearts (example- heart of a fighter, heart of a lover, etc...) Sora and Riku both have keyblades, meaning that they have the hearts of a fighter. Kairi, being a princess of heart, has a heart of a lover, which means that she has none, if any, darkness in her heart, but she is able to change her heart from a lover’s to a fighter’s to save Sora, which is why she gains a keyblade. Riku is a warrior of Twilight, so his keyblade looks twilightish and Kairi is sort of girly, so her keyblade looks like it. Although all the Princesses of heart had hearts strong enough to create a keyblade, their hearts weren’t the right type. When Xehonart/Riku in HB creates the dark keyblade, which can release hearts, he uses the princesses of hearts’ hearts (except Kairi’s) to create it. The reason why the keyblade has no keychain is because it was formed by 6 hearts, so it’s a fusion of hearts, making an artificial/fusion keyblade. If Keyblades are created to the heart, they are sorta connected to that heart, which is why Sora can only summon his keyblade and can’t summon Mickey’s whenever he wants. A keyblade master can ‘lend’ another keyblade master his/her keyblade, making it his/hers temporarily (like Riku does with Sora in the final battle with Xemnas)

(The following is additional proof, but only if you assume/believe Xehonart was a keyblade master:
#1- If a Keyblade is just an extension of the heart, then a being with a deep connection with his heart should be able to open locks with just his heart. In Ansem Report # 5, Xehonart talks about how he followed a heartless to the door to the heart of hollow bastion and how he opened the door. The only being that comes to mind that could open a door which leads to the heart of a world is a Keyblade Master.
#2- another idea why the dark keyblade didn’t have a keychian- perhaps it was his original keyblade, formed by his heart, but it was warped by the darkness he was consumed by during an experiment. Since it’s not its true form, it can’t have the keychain, since it belongs to the original keyblade.)

Although I think my theory has a good deal of proof, there are 3 events which could say this is wrong:
#1- Riku is able to take Sora’s keyblade in HB (my answer-maybe if a keyblade master’s heart is significantly stronger, it’s able to break the bond between the keyblade master’s heart, and his/her keyblade)

#2- Why is it that Riku had Kairi’s Keyblade in TWTNW? (my answer- maybe she didn’t know how to summon it, and Riku, having a stronger heart, was able to break the bond between her heart and her keyblade so he could give it to her)

#3- why did Mickey have to go to the Realm of Darkness to get his keyblade? (my answer- we’ve all assumed that Mickey’s keyblade is the keyblade of darkness, and Mickey, being a being of light, had difficulty bringing it out, since his light was so powerful, that the keyblade couldn’t take form, So he went to the realm of darkness to strengthen it enough so he could summon it)

Agreements/Disagreements? :)...anyone?

Last edited:

The Answer

violent_anger said:
hey again the answer, anyways, i have my own simple question, did namine fuse with kairi before or after she got the girly keyblade?

(thank goodness someone replied after 71 views!) it happens afterwards. go to the final cutscenes youtube.com

(P.S. congrats on becoming a Premium Member and do you think i'd get in trouble if my avatar had Riku's "way-to-dawn" keyblade?)

Angel's Prayer

Bronze Member
Bascule -Heaven there is not even up to the sky-
What makes a keyblade and it's keyblade master?
simple.
1 It's a giant key
2 It's a person holding that giant key
3 It's in Kingdom Hearts

But seriously, this is a good thought, and may provide an explanation as to where keyblades come from, and how their masters are chosen. Comprehending this may well lead to explaining the keyblade war and indefinitely Kingdom Hearts 3!

I have a thought though, If Riku became a Heartless in KH1, how could he wield Soul Eater? Shouldn't he possess a heart to fuel his borrowed keyblade?

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
you think im going to watch that? its a major spoiler, my game got spoilered a bit, but i refuse to watch the ending, and im nto watching many cutscenes.
i have no idea if way to dawn in your avatar will get you in trounble or not, pm a mod or something
now then
(The following is additional proof, but only if you assume/believe Xehonart was a keyblade master:
#1- If a Keyblade is just an extension of the heart, then a being with a deep connection with his heart should be able to open locks with just his heart. In Ansem Report # 5, Xehonart talks about how he followed a heartless to the door to the heart of hollow bastion and how he opened the door. The only being that comes to mind that could open a door which leads to the heart of a world is a Keyblade Master.
#2- another idea why the dark keyblade didn’t have a keychian- perhaps it was his original keyblade, formed by his heart, but it was warped by the darkness he was consumed by during an experiment. Since it’s not its true form, it can’t have the keychain, since it belongs to the original keyblade.)

one thing to disporve at a time, you say onlya keyblade can unlock a world door, yet you forget that a heartless also has that power, and xehanort did follow the heartless

edit:
What makes a keyblade and it's keyblade master?
simple.
1 It's a giant key
2 It's a person holding that giant key
3 It's in Kingdom Hearts

But seriously, this is a good thought, and may provide an explanation as to where keyblades come from, and how their masters are chosen. Comprehending this may well lead to explaining the keyblade war and indefinitely Kingdom Hearts 3!

I have a thought though, If Riku became a Heartless in KH1, how could he wield Soul Eater? Shouldn't he possess a heart to fuel his borrowed keyblade?

im confused, when was riku ever a heartless?

Van

Well the reason that riku was able to take the key blade from sora was that it was his to begin with. He was the first key blade master but when he gave his heart to darkness. His heart was weakened it for a shot time so that the keyblade was forced to go to the next strongest heart in the area.

darkness eternal

hmmm....this is all good speculation but i think that the keyblades correspond with the 4 different worlds. Light, Dark, Twilite, present. Sora being light and riku twilite. Mickey dark and kairi present. Of course mickey is nice but maybey he HAD to go find the keyblade because it probably would have chosen a evil person who represented darkness, and where better to look than the world of darkness. I also think these different keyblades choose a person from their world with a strong heart. So maybey since Mickey was in the world of darkness he obviously had the strongest heart! and the keyblade went to the strongest heart in the world of darkness, mickey.

Van

Angel's Prayer said:
So...the keyblade has a life of it's own? Wait...Sora's keyblade is borrowed..I just remembered tha...and Riku borrowed Xehanort's Soul Eater...But why could Sora wield all the other keyblades in KH1 if he wasn't the true keyblade master?

Wait Riku got Soul Eater before he was ever taken over by Xehanort. He got it from Maleficent.

darkness eternal

yea! riku got soul eater before he met ansem, it was probably formed through the darkness in his heart. Remember riku had had the soul eater for a long time, way back in traverse town he had it! also monstro.

darkness eternal

well doesnt he call upon it like the keyblade? you never see him carrying it on his belt or anything...or is it the gaming industry's in-famouse pull a weapon out of nowhere technique! lol

Van

Its like with leon's gunblade or clouds sword. they just kind of pull it out of some where. Also it never says that it came from his heart.

The Answer

okay i was out, but now i'm back to explain all:

violent_anger said:
you think im going to watch that? its a major spoiler, my game got spoilered a bit, but i refuse to watch the ending, and im nto watching many cutscenes.
i have no idea if way to dawn in your avatar will get you in trounble or not, pm a mod or something
now then

one thing to disporve at a time, you say onlya keyblade can unlock a world door, yet you forget that a heartless also has that power, and xehanort did follow the heartless

the heartless naturally have the abilty, otherwise, how could they get to the heart of the world. and if you don't want to be spoiled, why go to the spoiler forum?

Van said:
Wait Riku got Soul Eater before he was ever taken over by Xehanort. He got it from Maleficent.

I think that the darkness sorta repressed the way-to-dawn's power, and forced it into the soul-eater. once he accepted the power of twilight, the keyblade took it's true form

Van

But when he got the Soul Eater he had only started to give in to the darkness. he had also not yet taken his first step on the path of twilight. So that realy has nothing to do with the form at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back