• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Weaponry?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Weaponry?

• Swords

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Spears

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bows & Arrows

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Staffs

• Daggers

• Axes

• Projectiles (Shurikens, ect.)

• Melee Weaponry (Brass Knuckles, Gaunlets)

• Other (Other types I haven't listed)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Guns

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
What's your favorite type? Guns? Swords? Arrows? Staffs? Numbchucks?

Personally, I find any weapon the best as long as it isn't a gun. A gun is something anybody with basic hand movements can use effectively. Every other weapon that isn't simple point and click requires skill and tim to master just basic techniques and movements. Yes, you can practice and improve your aim, but you do that for any weapon. (Though, aim is less important with scopes nowadays)

...I listed as many as I could generalize for basic weaponry. : P
(Melee weaponry is meant to have an ect. after it)

Despite being instruments of murder, I still think that (most) weaponry is a sport, skill, and art. Both making them, and practicing with hthhem.

Henskie

I'm Batman
I am a sword man myself but I am more proficient in throwing knives....

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm more of a pole weapon type of guy. The range is great and it just looks cool when you can beat a guy with a sword using only a wooden staff and a few kicks here and there. A tri-section staff would be awsome too, but thats more of a flail depending on how you use it.

T

Tyler Durden

I prefer swords. thus my nickname kensei...

but I despise guns. They are effective, but ANYone could kill someone witht hem.

but Savior, you should have allowed for multiple answers, because I'm a tie with swords and staffs/unarmed attacks

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I mostly enjoy swords, kodachi's and shinai's* actually. I don't despise guns, just the idiotic people who use them. I like guns such as sniper rifles, M16's,sawed-off shotguns, mostly guns that just don't require you to pull the trigger, but to actually position yourself correctly to actually hit your target**. Though some people can pull off shooting these types of guns without real skill, which is dangerous, but I digress.

*I though that wooden swords would count also since it's what I train with instead of a real sword in my house.
** I don't use guns to target humans, most of time not even animals unless it's deer or a non-endangered bear, I mostly just use them for target practice and such.

Last edited:

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
I definately like swords guns should only be used when hunting food guns on humans is barbaric and wrong same with bombs and chemcals they are barbaric with a sword on can defend himself and with a gun there is no real defence.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
I definately like swords guns should only be used when hunting food guns on humans is barbaric and wrong same with bombs and chemcals they are barbaric with a sword on can defend himself and with a gun there is no real defence.

You attempt to stab me. I shoot you from three inches away. You die.

There is much more defense with a gun.

My favorite weapon....

Don't have one. I don't care for fighting. And in this day and age, I don't need to.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Barbaric? So cutting off someone's head isn't barbaric? Bludgoning someone to death with a pole isn't barbaric? Sorry, but guns are much more clean. Good aim=quick kill. With a sword, it takes much more that just precision. You don't have the strength, then the person's going to suffer.

except guns because anybody could use one

You're kidding right? It takes extensive training to know how to use most guns properly. Shotguns are basicly the only ones you can just pick up and fire. If you don't have any experience with a gun, recoil and drop rate is going to run amuck with you.

My weapon of choice: .44 Magnum. "I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
-Dirty Harry
Gotta love that movie XD

I also like to use my metal bat if access to a gun isn't available. A swing to the head and "TING!". Out like a light.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Guns. (Perferably an M1 Garand- So simple, so user-friendly)

Because i'm not a poser faggot who thinks they can master swordplay/ancient weaponry just by watching anime and video game special moves.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Guns are barbaric and that is that if someone is aiming a gun at you you have no defence if he had a sword you could defened yourself and if you stab someone and they do not die you would just finish them off they would not suffer. GUNS ARE BARBARIC SWORDS ARE SIVILIZED.

Shadukai X

Banned
Using melee weapons takes more skill than a gun, and using makes you more noble, any idiot can use a gun, but can he take on five openennts at once? Hell no.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Because i'm not a poser faggot who thinks they can master swordplay/ancient weaponry just by watching anime and video game special moves.

Who said anyone would automatically master them? If I had a staff and you had a gun I'd probably run until I found somewhere to hide. I'd then wait till you passed by and trip you with the staff. You drop your gun, I kick you a few times before you can get it and pick up the gun and - bam! :toungesmile:

Pepsi, all weapons are barbaric, but Guns are the more civilized and cleanest way of killing than having someone suffer a long and painful death to a sword or axe.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Guns are barbaric and that is that if someone is aiming a gun at you you have no defence if he had a sword you could defened yourself and if you stab someone and they do not die you would just finish them off they would not suffer. GUNS ARE BARBARIC SWORDS ARE SIVILIZED.
What would you perfer? A swift .50 caliber round to the head, or your limbs slowly decapitated by a rusty sword?

l4t1n0pr1d3 said:
Who said anyone would automatically master them? If I had a staff and you had a gun I'd probably run until I found somewhere to hide. I'd then wait till you passed by and trip you with the staff. You drop your gun, I kick you a few times before you can get it and pick up the gun and - bam!
GODMODDING. xD

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
Well, swords are my favorite, but if I HAD to pick one to defend myself with, I'd take the gun x.x.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Ah, of course, the gun choice. "Lolz, I shootz u ded 'cuz yor swords suxxosr." <.<

Guns are nothing more than a cheap way to kill somebody. A melee weapon can be used in self-defense without killing or permanantly injuring them, a gun cannot. A gun is a simple blow off limbs or instantly kill type of weapon. From a legal standpoint, a melee weapons is more logical, even if it's a blade.

Of course, I did notice how none of you seem to remember that you have to load your gun, and have it at your side. Any idiot knows not to keep a loaded gun (In case of accidental fire). Unless you conveniently keep a loaded gun in your little soiled tighty-whities.

Extensive training to properly use a gun? Let's see.. Aim, recoil, ritochet... Well, that's all I've got. Basically translates to: Hold tight and aim for chest/head. Training loading and putting together certain guns, yes. Training with special types of guns (Missle launchers, snipers, ect.) Yes. But the average gun? Lock and load, shoot like the (Censored, eh?) you are.

Every single melee weapon (And we'll include bows and arrows) requires discipline and hard training. You can't just watch, try a few times, and be able to easily murder somebody. Anybody who masters such a weapon is mentally beyond any who simply uses a gun to blow off their opponants head.

Plus, Guns are for wimps. : P I don't despise them, I just despite how they're used. People could make techniques and skills, but they prefer to use shotguns and not even aim.

Personally, I'll take any bladed weapon, or any melee. Still hoping to get a Katana, Butterfly Swords, or a longbow.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Ah, of course, the gun choice. "Lolz, I shootz u ded 'cuz yor swords suxxosr." <.<

Guns are nothing more than a cheap way to kill somebody. A melee weapon can be used in self-defense without killing or permanantly injuring them, a gun cannot. A gun is a simple blow off limbs or instantly kill type of weapon. From a legal standpoint, a melee weapons is more logical, even if it's a blade.

Of course, I did notice how none of you seem to remember that you have to load your gun, and have it at your side. Any idiot knows not to keep a loaded gun (In case of accidental fire). Unless you conveniently keep a loaded gun in your little soiled tighty-whities.

Extensive training to properly use a gun? Let's see.. Aim, recoil, ritochet... Well, that's all I've got. Basically translates to: Hold tight and aim for chest/head. Training loading and putting together certain guns, yes. Training with special types of guns (Missle launchers, snipers, ect.) Yes. But the average gun? Lock and load, shoot like the (Censored, eh?) you are.

Every single melee weapon (And we'll include bows and arrows) requires discipline and hard training. You can't just watch, try a few times, and be able to easily murder somebody. Anybody who masters such a weapon is mentally beyond any who simply uses a gun to blow off their opponants head.

Plus, Guns are for wimps. : P I don't despise them, I just despite how they're used. People could make techniques and skills, but they prefer to use shotguns and not even aim.

Personally, I'll take any bladed weapon, or any melee. Still hoping to get a Katana, Butterfly Swords, or a longbow.
None of those statements mean anything when you were the first to die because of a poor weapon decision.

Swords are lovely, they demand alot of skill, and they certianly do look cool when you use them. But it's MODERN times now. These days the only sharp object a soldier can carry on them is their combat knife and a few toothpicks for their cleaning kits.

And just because its a gun doesn't mean it's "BOOM HEADSHOT." Give some kid an M1911, and a target 100 yards away; Chances are, he won't be able to hit it- there is lots of coordination and patience needed if you want to hit a target correctly.

But I honestly don't see the purpose of this thread- it's essentially 'pick the weapon you think is the coolest.' Chances are, none of us have ever used/killed a man with such weapons at all at any time in our lives- why try to imagine such violent scenarios at all?

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I've actually trained with both a sword and a gun. Standard firearm and it does take skill with aiming. Unless you're at point blank range it's precision and dead aim. You have to be able to keep still. One wrong move and you fire that gun and miss your target, like the person, then you'll be dead by giving away your position.

A sword is fun to train under, it's more like a dance, footing matters, just as does precision. But with swords you can't afford mistakes, a wrong move and you'll lose your arm.

But a sword against a gun, first of all you have to get in close range, and you have a full round to fire and kill the sword man. At clsoe range you still have a fair chance with the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back