• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

We need to have more game over scenes in our games!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ONIZO201

I decided to play Batman Arkham Asylum out of boredom and when I died and saw the game over taunt the idea for this topic hit me....

Lately in todays games, there aren't that many games that make you feel like you screwed up due to the lack of proper game over scenes or taunts. And I'm thinking they need to release more games that show a cinema with your Game over and not just the text "Game Over" or hell a "load last check point" options list.

The classic games I can recall at the top of my head that had proper game over scenes are games like:

Batman & Robin for the PS - If you die while fighting Poison Ivy
YouTube - Batman and Robin Poison Ivy Game Over
If you die while fighting Mr.Freeze
YouTube - Batman and Robin Game Over

Donkey Kong Country for the N64(This one made me -Shudder- when I first saw it at a tender age) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LtFb...eature=related

Banjo Kazooie N64 -
YouTube - BANJO-KAZOOIE GAME OVER

And finally a REAL classic Alone in the Dark for the PS1-
No youtube clip but I remember if you died in that game, you see a scene of a monster carrying your corpse and throwing it off a cliff into the ocean and then you saw "Game Over"

Feel free to discuss other game over scenes you remember.

Does anyone believe we should see more of these types of game over cinemas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back