• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vista FAQ

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RealEmotionX

here is a little FAQ I Rex have put together for all those who are thinking about VISTA

1. Will Vista run on my computer?
the common misconception is that Vista is a Memory hog, Wrong. Aero is one of the true memory hogs in Vista. While running vista in BASIC mode (aeroglass effects off) will take up more memory than XP, half a gig is more than enough To run Vista in Basic mode. Which is available on all editions. Aero can be run smoothly with few problems with a gig. The recommended amount of RAM however is 2 gigs. I would mention processors but I have no idea about the m^_^; just get the fastest one you can.

2. Will game X play on vista?
its not that the game wont play on vista. its that there are lots of programs that wont run in vista. just like games from windows 98/2000 had problems on XP. Hell some still do. Its a new operating system that while it built on the Windows NT code library is still a new OS. If yo uhave problems playing games try updating drivers or contacting the publisher for patches. if all else fails Try compatability mode with XP SP2

3. Does Vista Rip off MAC OSX
Yes vista rips off mac, hell Mac ripped off plenty of windows features, and Both operating systems rip off Linux and vice versa. Nothing is truly original people and the path Apple took was the natural progression of things. Windows just followed suit.

4. Vista? its really similar to XP
Yes Vista is very similar to XP. in fact Vista was planed to be like a Service Pack 3. However development on WINDOWS VIENNA (the operating system that had been planed to succeed XP) was delayed and Vista was turned into a full blown OS. Vista is just around to make money while development on Vienna continues. Vienna is going to be a completely new OS. No old code. hell billy gates states at one point that he may replace the start bar in Vienna.

5. Alternatives?
for the technologically inclined you could give Linux a go. In fact combination UBUNUTU+ Linux Beryl looks better than vista and takes up less memory. You don't even have to give up xp or vista. its easy as 3-2-1 to dual boot Linux and XP if anyone is interested ill post a walk through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back