• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Videogame violence

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon X

Website
www.xanga.com
It doesn't matter if they add more of less, the only reason the videogame companys keep getting into trouble is because the little kids parents don't want them to play such bad things like that or see violence at such a young age so they go complain about it, and then you wonder why the parents even let there little kids own such bad things. So really it doesn't matter to me.

key_bearer1

Demon X said:
It doesn't matter if they add more of less, the only reason the videogame companys keep getting into trouble is because the little kids parents don't want them to play such bad things like that or see violence at such a young age so they go complain about it, and then you wonder why the parents even let there little kids own such bad things. So really it doesn't matter to me.

yeah i agree.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Different games should have different levels of violence.
They shouldnt make too much of one. It must be equal.

darkriku14

beginning and end
^ exactly. they're not spawning bad behaviour, and there are ratings, so keep the violence coming

GeneralChaos

Foe_Hammer said:
More blood,guts,and,gore!!!when i blow sum 1's head off i wanna seem sum fountain works like kill bill.

Remember the badly-done Anime part where little girls father practically drowned the room in blood? That’s called over-the-top and looks nothing short of crap. More violence will eventually lead to games like Postal becoming normal. I admit seeing blood and gore in a game like Pikmin would be amusing to say the least, but not when they aren't necessary.

Would you like to see Cloud get covered in blood after chopping some random Lost monster in half? Probably, yes. However, repeat that scene in your head about 100 times. Get's dull, doesn't it? Want more gore, don't you? Want to see Aries get her nut chopped off and watch her body get flung off wall after wall by Sephiroth, who will then end up raping her dead body...

Yes, if you got what you wanted, you would eventually see things like that when the poor, old developers run out of ideas (which usually doesn't take very long). So, be happy with what you've got. I have made enough of a discussion out of this for now.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
GeneralChaos said:
Remember the badly-done Anime part where little girls father practically drowned the room in blood? That’s called over-the-top and looks nothing short of crap. More violence will eventually lead to games like Postal becoming normal. I admit seeing blood and gore in a game like Pikmin would be amusing to say the least, but not when they aren't necessary.

In Kill Bill's defence, the entire movie supposed to be that over-the-top...and it didn't look like crap.

Also, I doubt that most developers are going to put in more gore at the expense of gameplay.

GeneralChaos

Square Ninja said:
In Kill Bill's defence, the entire movie supposed to be that over-the-top...and it didn't look like crap.

The rest of the film was fine. I personally thought the second one was better, but that is not what we are discussing.

Square Ninja said:
Also, I doubt that most developers are going to put in more gore at the expense of gameplay.

I notice you say most developers. Unfortunately, it only takes one lazy half-assed developer to ruin a perfectly good game by throwing in exploding heads or chop-able limbs. If Rockstar included such things in The Warriors, I wonder how quickly it would have sold...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back