• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vicious516 Creepypasta Contest

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
Hey guys! This is my first time visiting this area of the forum, but I thought I'd share a cool opportunity to share some story writing of yours!

A guy I'm subscribed to on YouTube - Vicious516 - is pretty good at making Creepypasta (Internet scary stories, essentially). He records himself speaking the story with interesting visuals and chillingly appropriate music; he's really good at what he does.

Recently, he posted this video, which describes a little contest he's holding over YouTube, where he could create a high-production-value video reading of your story. Here's the video with the details:

[video=youtube;COMGLTeWB6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COMGLTeWB6M[/video]

For an example of one of his videos, here's one of my favorite stories of his:

[video=youtube;qKys8hJnP2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKys8hJnP2Q[/video]

It's in three parts. If you enjoy this part and want to seek out the rest, they should be in the related tab on YouTube.

I've submitted my story recently, and I thought I'd post it here to see what some people think. Maybe others could post their story if they plan on competing (before or after you post it on YouTube, before if you want it critiqued, or after if you're worried someone will steal it :p) so we can see what everyone has!

Recently, I went on vacation to a nice remote location in Ireland. We stayed in a small suburb, with a rental cottage that we found for a decent price through a few friends of friends. My good buddy, the only one who joined me for my holiday, arrived there a few days earlier, and filled me in through phone conversations how amazing this place was. When I arrived, I saw what he was talking about: beautiful green hills, clean air, and an absolute gorgeous forest, which is where our vacation rental was located at: well, the edge of it, anyway. One small thing that bothered me was that it was rather windy, but that was expected with the time of year we went.

The wind was so strong on some nights that the forest trees not too far from our rental would go crazy. The leaves would rustle and shake loudly as the chilly wind pierced the branches, which made it sound very similar to pouring rain. On more than one occasion we woke up assuming it was a gloomy, rainy day, when in actuality, it was simply windy.
The rental was one large room, save for the bathroom, because it used to be a large recreational room that the owner decided to convert. Beds were placed rather sporadically though the house, and mine ended up being next to the main entrance: a light metal door in front of the main, heavier, wooden door. At night, as I tried to fall asleep, the leaves would rustle violently and, to my surprise, the metal door would slam back and forth and rattle the doorknob, sounding very similar to someone forcing entry. “Oh, I know,” my buddy said when I brought it up, “It’s just the wind. It’s been doing it almost every night.”

Every night we would leave our small suburb and see what the town had to offer. Mostly we would participate in pub crawls, and the locals at these pubs loved visitors. They cheered and hollered when we told them we were from out of the country, and they’d buy us a pitcher and sit us down for some good stories. Most of these stories were all in good humor, with an embarrassing situation here, or a personal heart-to-heart kind of story there, but one older gentleman shocked us all with a hunting story he brought up.

He told of a time he and his brother went to the forest nearby to do a little hunting. Here, they found their usual prey: deer and whatnot, but as he went on, he slowed down, drew us all in, and lifted up his sleeve, revealing a large scar. It looked as if he got it through surgery, but he insisted he received it that night, the night he went hunting, from what he referred to as “the creature.” His story took a dark turn as he described this “creature.” He said it looked almost like a person, but was very much a feral being. It was furless, with pale white skin and a long face. It had piercing red eyes that sunk into its face, a row of nasty teeth, and long, branch-like fingers with sharp, though human-looking, nails.

The creature peered at the hunting brothers from afar, and only moved when they noticed two red circles in an otherwise pitch black forest. It lunged outward and snagged the older gentlemen with a vice grip, and tore into his arm with its other hand. Immediately, his brother, armed with a hunting knife, slashed violently at the creature’s grip, completely severing its hand from its body. With a second swipe, he took off four of its five fingers from its other hand. The creature didn’t make a sound as it reeled back in pain and darted back into the woods. The creature did not show itself in those woods to them again that night. However, he ended his story by describing that, up until a few days ago, every night he saw the piercing eyes from outside his window at night, in the same place every time, waiting motionless, as if it were stalking him.

We were all quiet after he told his tale. After a long pause, one of the other locals spoke up, saying, “Well, at least that creature won’t be grabbing anything for a while!” and roared laughing, bringing back the lighthearted mood to the table. I tried to join in, but for some reason, the man’s statement, despite meaning to lighten the mood, just made mine sink…

That night, when my buddy had gone to sleep, I kept awake in bed, listening to the sound of the metal door slam back and forth, the doorknob rattle, and the silent trees on a completely windless night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back