• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vens Connection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Oh! Well Phil mentioned another hero in training he had as the person he was reminded of. If Zack does fit that role as I assume he will then it would be about him and not Ven.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Oh! Well Phil mentioned another hero in training he had as the person he was reminded of. If Zack does fit that role as I assume he will then it would be about him and not Ven.

there was a scene where it hints all 3 were phil's "hero-in-training" candidates

B

Blade5468

In BBS or in a later game?

In Birth by Sleep. There's a screenshot of Ven, Zack and young Hercules training under Phil together.
Although, isn't it a tiny bit more likely he's talking about Sora?
That makes way more sense.

Vanitas.

no i meant maybe somehow the memories got stuck making them forgot
but they still have them =/
Kind of like how the whole Xehanort= Keyblade Wielder? It's pretty much hinted that Xehanort is indeed a Keyblade Wielder but doesn't remember how to wield and is hidden deep within his hearts. The same scenerio with Roxas in TT before he got the Data Keyblade from AtW.

Or they just don't remember? It's like the whole, "Kairi doesn't remember her memories from Radiant Garden. Why?!" and people seem to make a big deal out of that and yet the answer was simple from Nomura that she just doesn't remember. When stuff happened a prior of a decade ago you don't remember most of the things that happened or details, etc at a young age.
Personally I think that when Ven asked to be erased he meant erased from ppls memory and not killed or whatever!!!
But you're forgetting that Braig, Ienzo, and the rest of apprentices seem to remember Ven, and the other Keyblade Wielders perfectly.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
In Birth by Sleep. There's a screenshot of Ven, Zack and young Hercules training under Phil together.
Although, isn't it a tiny bit more likely he's talking about Sora?
That makes way more sense.
Allister said scene. All that scan shows is that Ven was with them. He may be a hero in training, or he may just be helping out. Also, no it's not likely he was referring to Sora as everyone forgot him when Namine unchained his memories.

But you're forgetting that Braig, Ienzo, and the rest of apprentices seem to remember Ven, and the other Keyblade Wielders perfectly.
Their memory is far from perfect. I'd say just about all they remember is that other wielders existed.

Vanitas.

Their memory is far from perfect. I'd say just about all they remember is that other wielders existed.
Actually
Xigbar clearly remembers Ven as shown when he was about to battle Xion. At that moment he saw Ven. It's been said members look at Xion at different point of views.
Another example is
Secret Reports: Day 117

"Him" and Roxas
Roxas is maturing at an impressive rate. [B]His face, the way he handles the Keyblade, it's all exactly the same.[/B] The worlds seem so divided and alone, but there's always that steady thread there to connect them. And we Nobodies can never escape the things we did as humans. So it goes.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Yes Xigbar saw Ven's face, but that could have just as easily have been something from his subconscious memory resurfacing as it could be something he remembers clearly.

Yeah the same as Sora.

Vanitas.

Yes Xigbar saw Ven's face, but that could have just as easily have been something from his subconscious memory resurfacing as it could be something he remembers clearly.
Going by that Xigbar also described that Sora doesn't look like "half of the heroes" the others were as he said in KH2.

And Nomura also has stated:
[quote][I]–[/I]Xion’s appearance changes depending on the relationship of the person looking at her. It seems that when that relationship changes, she changes.

Nomura: In the case of Xemnas, since he is connected to various people, he basically sees ‘Xion’, however sometimes he sees ‘him’. Who ‘he’ is, I want you to confirm it on your own. Xigbar also sees ‘him’.
[/quote]

And it might not be much but Xigbar said
"He used to give me the same look."

But you can argue that was Roxas he was referring to but I do believe Xigbar has also said this in Days to Roxas. He hasn't met Sora at this point either.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
As far as the 'looking' goes it can be interpreted differently from Sora not physically looking like them to not seeming as strong or old as them. It's still rather vague and does not convey a 100% clear memory.

Does Xigbar say that line in KH2 near the battle? Because in that case it would have certainly been about Roxas, as for the days comment I haven't played it yet and only know the basics so I wouldn't know if Xigbar said the same thing to Roxas.

Vanitas.

As far as the 'looking' goes it can be interpreted differently from Sora not physically looking like them to not seeming as strong or old as them. It's still rather vague and does not convey a 100% clear memory.
But on
Xigbar seeing Xion as Ven mean something. Braig has battled Terra, and seen Keyblade Masters before (Master Xehanort). Who's to say he doesn't meet Ven? There's been some hints that Xigbar does remember Ven.

Xion is Sora's leaked memories and that means anyone who is connected towards Sora views Xion differently. Saix sees her as a puppet. Roxas sees her as "Xion" and Xemnas sees her as "Xion" but also as "him" (him ..referring to Ven). Xigbar also sees her as "him" which is odd because he isn't connected towards Sora in anyway but since Ven is a part of Sora (possibly) this is why Xigbar sees Xion as Ven because Xigbar is connected towards Ven (knowing him) which means connected towards Sora - Xion.

But it would leave a question mark as why Xigbar hasn't mentioned Xehanort looking like Terra, a man who he battled a couple of months prior to Xehanort being born. He might have but Nomura hasn't shown this to us yet so it leads us to raise our eyebrows.

Does Xigbar say that line in KH2 near the battle? Because in that case it would have certainly been about Roxas.
Hmm? Are you referring to Xigbar's line,
"You don't look like half the heros the others were."
That was said by him before they battled. Most certainly he wasn't referring to Roxas because Roxas is Sora and they have the same strength.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
But on
Xigbar seeing Xion as Ven mean something. Braig has battled Terra, and seen Keyblade Masters before (Master Xehanort). Who's to say he doesn't meet Ven? There's been some hints that Xigbar does remember Ven.

Xion is Sora's leaked memories and that means anyone who is connected towards Sora views Xion differently. Saix sees her as a puppet. Roxas sees her as "Xion" and Xemnas sees her as "Xion" but also as "him" (him ..referring to Ven). Xigbar also sees her as "him" which is odd because he isn't connected towards Sora in anyway but since Ven is a part of Sora (possibly) this is why Xigbar sees Xion as Ven because Xigbar is connected towards Ven (knowing him) which means connected towards Sora - Xion.

But it would leave a question mark as why Xigbar hasn't mentioned Xehanort looking like Terra, a man who he battled a couple of months prior to Xehanort being born. He might have but Nomura hasn't shown this to us yet so it leads us to raise our eyebrows.
It's pretty much confirmed he will meet Ven at somepoint and yes it means something, but we don't know for sure what and we don't know the strength of that specific memory. I'm not saying Xigbar doesn't remember at all, I'm saying his memory most likely isn't completely there. Hence him saying nothing about Xehanort.

Hmm? Are you referring to Xigbar's line,
"You don't look like half the heros the others were."
That was said by him before they battled. Most certainly he wasn't referring to Roxas because Roxas is Sora and they have the same strength.
No, I was referring to the line about "He used to give me the same look."

Vanitas.

I'm not saying Xigbar doesn't remember at all, I'm saying his memory most likely isn't completely there. Hence him saying nothing about Xehanort.
The difference with Xigbar mentioning Ven and Roxas looking alike is Nomura confirming all 3 have a connection towards each other (Sora, Roxas, and Ven). If Nomura stated that Xehanort and Terra had a connection towards each other it gives the game away. In other words I'm saying that Xigbar probably notices that Xehanort looks like Terra (someone who he battled in the past) but isn't shown or mentioned to us in the game to not give us any ideas as it would spoil the upcoming game for us. Birth by Sleep and KH 358/2 Days are connected with each other. We know that Ven, Roxas, and Sora look like each other and have a connection as Nomura said but Nomura has not said that about Terra and Xehanort so it's hard to interpret that Xigbar doesn't say anything about Xehanort looking like Terra.

No, I was referring to the line about "He used to give me the same look."
Ah, I see. That line was during Hollow Bastion when we first met the Organization and Xigbar came up teasing Sora and then Sora got angry and made a face which Xigbar responded.
"That's right. Haha. He used to give me the same look." That was referring to Roxas but it can also refer to Ven, can't it?

I believe Xigbar has said this in Days as well unless I'm mistaken. I need to go and recheck, though it would probably take me some time but if Xigbar did say this towards Roxas then he wasn't referring to Roxas in that scene he might have been referring to Ven.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
The difference with Xigbar mentioning Ven and Roxas looking alike is Nomura confirming all 3 have a connection towards each other (Sora, Roxas, and Ven). If Nomura stated that Xehanort and Terra had a connection towards each other it gives the game away. In other words I'm saying that Xigbar probably notices that Xehanort looks like Terra (someone who he battled in the past) but isn't shown or mentioned to us in the game to not give us any ideas as it would spoil the upcoming game for us. Birth by Sleep and KH 358/2 Days are connected with each other. We know that Ven, Roxas, and Sora look like each other and have a connection as Nomura said but Nomura has not said that about Terra and Xehanort so it's hard to interpret that Xigbar doesn't say anything about Xehanort looking like Terra.
And this is news to me how, the example I gave was off of yours and it's really just a possibility.

Ah, I see. That line was during Hollow Bastion when we first met the Organization and Xigbar came up teasing Sora and then Sora got angry and made a face which Xigbar responded.
"That's right. Haha. He used to give me the same look." That was referring to Roxas but it can also refer to Ven, can't it?
Ahh yes I had a hard time differentiating between the members the first time I saw that scene. I don't see how that could be about Ven at all. It was not that long ago he was with Roxas and at the time a lot of the Ven situation was probably unthought of.

I believe Xigbar has said this in Days as well unless I'm mistaken. I need to go and recheck, though it would probably take me some time but if Xigbar did say this towards Roxas then he wasn't referring to Roxas in that scene he might have been referring to Ven.
Well I haven't played days as I've said so I wouldn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back