• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas or DS....whatev

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaek

Ok, I think now since the new TGS 09 trailer that vanitas is not terra. He is probably going to be a new character as said my nomura. But i wonder what does he have to do with the story??? He has the same fighting style and clothes as riku did when he is in darkness mode. So do all the dark keyblade wielders have the same stance? The perpose of this thread is to see what you people of KHInsider has to say on vanitas.

crazzyBRY

Like nomura said about Birth by Sleep..

BBS will uncover mysteries/secrets and plot holes xD..

State

Awards
i think nomura said vanitas isn't a new character, plus, his voice sounds similar to someone else's... there's also how they hide his voice by doing a voice-over... maybe he IS an old character... *cue surprise theme*

crazzyBRY

i think nomura said vanitas isn't a new character, plus, his voice sounds similar to someone else's... there's also how they hide his voice by doing a voice-over... maybe he IS an old character... *cue surprise theme*

He has the same Voice Actor as Sora's Jap VA..

State

Awards
If thats true then they better not pull a star wars cause what if vanitas is sora's dad that would be gay!!!!!:angry:
temper temper, get down there boy! family has no relevance in kh.

State

Awards
Where did you come across this information?
Because the same thing was said on KH Wiki, and we all know how truthful that site is, and it has since been removed.
i believe someone else stated the same thing in the thread where the tgs 09 trailer was posted...

Key of Valor

The Professor
Seraph said:

Actually, Nomura refused to confirm whether Vanitas was a new character or not.

Vanitas is certainly a mysterious character. Both Vanitas and 5 year old Riku have similar fighting stances. Not to mention there are a lot of other connections between the two characters such as clothing, weapon, and possibly voice (or maybe that was Sora's voice).

Personally, I don't think Vanitas has appeared in any current installments even though I believe he is going to be a very relevant character in future games. Vanitas means "Emptiness" which seems to be a theme in Birth By Sleep. Possibly Vanitas has a larger role than just "the bad guy's sidekick". Perhaps Vanitas will turn out to be the true antagonist of BBS.

Zaek

Actually, Nomura refused to confirm whether Vanitas was a new character or not.

Vanitas is certainly a mysterious character. Both Vanitas and 5 year old Riku have similar fighting stances. Not to mention there are a lot of other connections between the two characters such as clothing, weapon, and possibly voice (or maybe that was Sora's voice).

Personally, I don't think Vanitas has appeared in any current installments even though I believe he is going to be a very relevant character in future games. Vanitas means "Emptiness" which seems to be a theme in Birth By Sleep. Possibly Vanitas has a larger role than just "the bad guy's sidekick". Perhaps Vanitas will turn out to be the true antagonist of BBS.

Dude you gave me a good theory! In kh 1, ansem sod said that he and his physical form seperated. Ven wanted to be erased, maybe, just maybe ansem sod is vens darkness. It kinda makes sense and also why his nobody would look like terra cause of his memories and such. Just a short speculation. And i like your whole vanitas might be the big bad guy.:eek:

geexter

I do believe that Vanitas' voice is the same as Leluch (sorry about the spelling) from code geass. Dont know if this holds significance, but I love it.

State

Awards
I do believe that Vanitas' voice is the same as Leluch (sorry about the spelling) from code geass. Dont know if this holds significance, but I love it.
unless nomura decided to use the same character in a different place... again. *coughaxelcough*

crazzyBRY

Where did you come across this information?
Because the same thing was said on KH Wiki, and we all know how truthful that site is, and it has since been removed.

Did I say I got it from Wikipedia or KH Wiki??

It was already familiar to me from the beginning..

I Keep asking people about Vanitas's Voice.. And Most of them says that its Sora's Japanese Voice..

So, i searched up Sora's Jap Voice.. Compare the 2 and matched

mookystank

actually, i really thought vanitas' voice was similar to axel's... and "emptiness" certainly describes a nobody. maybe the name vanitas has reference to that and his identity is lea?

that would literally make my entire life.

The 14th Order

actually, i really thought vanitas' voice was similar to axel's... and "emptiness" certainly describes a nobody. maybe the name vanitas has reference to that and his identity is lea?

that would literally make my entire life.

OH!

That WOULD be interesting...

I mean, we do see Even, Dilan and Aeulsaslruasrjagrfkafjgs (Lexaeus).

But I don't think it would be Axel...

Maybe it's Saïx.. Just because He always seemed to be Xemnas' lap dog.

Or one of the original 6

Evan123

It was already revealed that Vanitas is an unversed. Just a human-like one...kind of like how heartless and nobodies can be human.

Who's unversed? I don't know.

State

Awards
OH!

That WOULD be interesting...

I mean, we do see Even, Dilan and Aeulsaslruasrjagrfkafjgs (Lexaeus).

But I don't think it would be Axel...

Maybe it's Saïx.. Just because He always seemed to be Xemnas' lap dog.

Or one of the original 6
if vanitas was axel or saix, then why did both of them see xion as her hooded self, or in axel's case, as "kairi"s instead of seeing ventus or someone else like xigbar did?

mookystank

Aeulsaslruasrjagrfkafjgs (Lexaeus).

I lol'd.

Anyway, supposedly (from Days) axel and saix joined simultaneously. so i suppose, timeframe-wise, its an equivalent possibility. however, saix and axel didn't seem to know xemnas before they joined the organization, and axel also mentions how he "cleared the path" for saix to get to the top, indicating that work was involved, not just being picked.

EDIT: seraph's point is well-taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back