• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Urban Legends

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redemptions Light

Urban Legends have always interested me. The most intruiging ones were the Loche Ness Monster and that little Choopaloopa dude that eats up cows in Mexico. Do you guys believe in those? Here, you can discuss these Urban Myths and say urban myths you've heard of and discuss them out.

Ansem= Evil

Nah I don't think that those things exist. I mean you know whenever they get these photos of the legends they are always out of focus and I mean really out of focus so you have to look at it for a moment and say what the hell is that? I'm a very practical person so I don't believe in any of those myths, legends or whatever.

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
Urban legends had to have been true at SOME point. Like this one:

A college kid ate Ramen noodles from the cup everyday. The insides of the cup are coated with a special film. The ate so much Ramen noodles that the film coated his stomach, went up his esophogus and he had to go to the hospital. Lesson: No More Ramen.

Of course that is false. There is no coating in the cups and if there was, it wouldn't be bad for you. Something ELSE must have caused the kid to go to the hospital. Rumors go round and people look for a good scare or joke and a myth is created.

We have an urban myth here in my own town. There is this school called Suicide High. No, not really. Its called Lakeview Centenial High School, but a few people over the years committed suicide in the school, so we've given it a horrible nickname. To give the school an even creepier feel, there are no windows and many of the bathrooms have no or one mirror. One of the bathrooms is actually locked up because a girl killed herself there. And people say, on occassion, you can hear voices and crying and screaming in the bathrooms... and sometimes... you might even see... a ghost....

Rhenao

in the bookstore, reading manga I'm too poor to bu
The Lochness monster and el Chupacabra are not urban legends. They've existed for thousands of years.

If you would like to see a ton of cool urban legends, and proof that they are correct or false, then go to this awesome site --> http://www.snopes.com/

(No, this isn't advertising. I have nothing to do with the site; I just thought that other people who are interested in urban legends might be interested in it.)

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
I like Urban Legends. Some are scary and its fun to listen to them, like aliens, big foot, ect.
And its funny when people tell urban legends at night like at camp and then it starts to come true but it was all fake XD

Elixa_07

I'm confused the difference between urban legends and ghost stories. Can they be urban legends too? Well if it is... then here's one. I'm not that good of a story teller but what the hey. It was interesting for me.

My classmate forgot her book inside her locker and there was going to be an oral recitation the next day. She went back to the school at 9:00 in the evening. She told the gaurd that she would get her book so the gaurd let her in. The school was sorta dark during that time. She was all alone going deep in the school to get her locker and the farther she went inside, the colder it got. Finally, her locker was just two rooms away. Before she went, she prayed in her thoughts "Lord, please don't let me see glimpses of something..."

Then she began walking to her locker. Slowly, she past by the first room while looking at the ground. By the time she stepped past the 2nd room, she heard a faint sound of a someone crying.. She hurried to her locker grabbed the book and closed it. The door to the 2nd room had a big window and she avoided looking inside. She struggled to stop herself from showing her fear. She walked fast not running. When she past by the 2nd room, the voice of the crying person was louder. She reached the library and the crying stopped. She was walking to the Gradeschool department now, almost at the gaurd house. But then the crying was back again. This time it was so loud that she was sure it wasnt her imagination. She past by the playground but still the crying continued. Then finally she arrived at the gaurd house and only then the crying stopped. But the thing is, she couldnt tell if the voice was of a boy or a girl.

There was also this story about a school with a room that would have a person die every year. In that one room there is always someone who dies. But not inside the room itself. The story is true and the reason for this occuring was unusual but true. The reason was even beyond science(I think because there were supernatural things involved). And the solution for stopping those occurances were supernatural too. It's a long story so I'll just post it next time.

Tre'Coolfreak13

Website
www.myspace.com
I like to listen to that show Coast to Coast AM. It rox my sox. They talk about UFO's (Unidentified f***ing objects is what my family calls themXD) One time they were talking about the Chupacabra, and they say that it may be a giant insect, a super evolved frog, or even a decendant of the dinosaurs. O__O I just had a cool thought! Did any of you watch that show on Animal Planet called "Dragons: A fantasy made real" ? The way the Chupacabra is described it reminds me of one of the prehistoric dragons. Maybe that's what it is. Oooh....cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back