• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unexplained Technical Difficulty opening Kingdom Hearts Chi game. Really... please help ;_;

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingutino

Awards
Do you have a smartphone to check if it's a internet connection problem? There are mobile Flash browsers like Puffin (I recommend this) or Photon.

EDIT: I once had the problem that there was a server problem anywhere in the US (i am living in europe) and it avoided me to connect to the Chi-server ( sounds strange, but it can happen cause your internet request travels all over the world :D).

With the following instruction you can check if your request gets stuck somewhere on the road:

1. Double-click the Macintosh hard drive.
  2. Double-click the Applications folder.
  3. Double-click the Utilities folder.
  4. Double-click the Network Utility icon to open the Network Utility window.
  5. Click the Traceroute tab.
  6. Enter a domain in the Please enter the network address to trace an internet route to field. (web.kingdomhearts.jp)
  7. Click Start

Last edited:

BluberryStar

Awards
No my internet connection seems to be fine, I mean I can still watch five videos at a time. And no, sorry I don't have a smartphone D: but I do recognise Puffin. Sadly I don't have anything to install it to....

Oh WHAT?! :O You encounter the exact same problem too? In your case, does it show the pics that I posted in the first page of the thread?
Is the following 7 steps finally got you out of it?

Pingutino

Awards
I don't know if it was the same problem, but it showed me the same "No data received" message. After a week it worked again without changing anything. Those steps don't fix problems sadly, they only check if you can send a request to japan and receive back data.

BluberryStar

Awards
Do you have a smartphone to check if it's a internet connection problem? There are mobile Flash browsers like Puffin (I recommend this) or Photon.

EDIT: I once had the problem that there was a server problem anywhere in the US (i am living in europe) and it avoided me to connect to the Chi-server ( sounds strange, but it can happen cause your internet request travels all over the world :D).

With the following instruction you can check if your request gets stuck somewhere on the road:

1. Double-click the Macintosh hard drive.
  2. Double-click the Applications folder.
  3. Double-click the Utilities folder.
  4. Double-click the Network Utility icon to open the Network Utility window.
  5. Click the Traceroute tab.
  6. Enter a domain in the Please enter the network address to trace an internet route to field. (web.kingdomhearts.jp)
  7. Click Start
I tried your method, I even entered the IP codes there to my OpenDNS, but it didn't work... what was this supposed to do? I don't understand why this happened...

oh do you remember what you did to get the game working again in a week? I mean did you change locations or areas? or possibly internet services?

Zero_Rock

Awards
Blu, if nothing works, I would suggest you communicate Square Enix or even Apple to see if they could fix your problem, since you tried mostly everything and nothing worked :(

Pingutino

Awards
I tried your method, I even entered the IP codes there to my OpenDNS, but it didn't work... what was this supposed to do? I don't understand why this happened...

oh do you remember what you did to get the game working again in a week? I mean did you change locations or areas? or possibly internet services?
This whole method should pinpoint the faulty server (if existing). The last codes should contain 222.158.205.2 or 61.213.160.178 if everything is ok with the internet connection.

Blu, if nothing works, I would suggest you communicate Square Enix or even Apple to see if they could fix your problem, since you tried mostly everything and nothing worked :(
^This. Zero_Rock is right, it's the best way.

BluberryStar

Awards
Thank you so much for everyone who has tried to help me fix this problem. Good news is I can enter the game again :D the website is running smoother than before and everything is a-ok (b^u^)b

How did I fix it? the solution is so simple that I wished I slapped myself for the last 5 weeks. So the problem why I can't open KHX is.... I don't know... BUT here is how I fix it.

I opened System Preferences and go to Networks.
HLa62WK.png

Go to "Advanced" and a new menu will pop up.
CZ3Q3n0.png

Choose "Proxies" and a few choices are displayed on the left. Now, since I have no idea what I am doing, I decided to tick ALL the choices there.
8LTiJAD.png

Click "OK" and click the "Apply" button on the bottom right to apply the current settings.

After that I just tried opening Chi again and BAM it works!! HAHAAA :D It even runs waaaaaay faster than before! So that's it for this problem. I hope this is the last time I have to see the "No Data Received" page.

Thank you all for helping me and I'll see you around :D bye~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back