• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Traverse Town origins...(Fun Discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I have no idea where to put this, but anyway, I'm playing KH1 again, and I'm dropping the final batch of puppies off, and it just occurred to me, we don't really know the town's origins, I know Traverse Town is a world that just kind of pops into existence whenever someone needs shelter, but who built the town, and why does it appear to those in need? every world is supposed to be a broken off piece of the original, but Traverse Town is kind of the oddball of the bunch, that is something to think about, could the Master Of Master's have created it as part of his plan, what are your thoughts?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It is an interesting thing to ponder, but I really would love nothing more than for SOMETHING in KH1 to be left well enough alone. We've already gone through 'that wasn't the real Ansem', 'Aqua was there the whole time during the ending', and 'Ansem was on Destiny Islands because of time travel', I don't know if I could survive learning that Traverse Town, my favorite world, is the byproduct of Master of Masters' indigestion

vaderskywalker

Awards
It is an interesting thing to ponder, but I really would love nothing more than for SOMETHING in KH1 to be left well enough alone. We've already gone through 'that wasn't the real Ansem', 'Aqua was there the whole time during the ending', and 'Ansem was on Destiny Islands because of time travel', I don't know if I could survive learning that Traverse Town, my favorite world, is the byproduct of Master of Masters' indigestion
Except it wasn't left alone, they brought it back multiple times in the sequels already, and I have no doubt that we will see it again someday, Nomura seems to like reusing it, but other than that, I agree, they should have just left it alone, up until DDD, I thought it was just a world that had inhabitants take in refugees after their worlds fell, unfortunately that's not the case.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
every world is supposed to be a broken off piece of the original, but Traverse Town is kind of the oddball of the bunch
I would say none of the worlds feel like they were ever connected. Even Daybreak Town gets described as "a world that can be used for a certain purpose" in a similar way to TT being "a world that appears under certain conditions".

Awards
I just headcannon that inhabitants arrived with whatever they were with when their world plunged (ie Mad Hatter's shop) and then it was further built up over time with just stray debris from other worlds that crashed there (think all the planks within Monstro). It's effectively a shanty town run by miscellaneous Disney and FF characters.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I would say none of the worlds feel like they were ever connected. Even Daybreak Town gets described as "a world that can be used for a certain purpose" in a similar way to TT being "a world that appears under certain conditions".
It's described as "when all the worlds were still one" by Chirithy, but I do see what you're saying, especially considering the Disney Castle/Town residents, we don't see any animal creatures (not including Chirithys) running around Daybreak Town, so not sure what's going on there, unless everything we've been told has been one huge translation error, but really what are the odds of that, that would just be ridiculous. 🤣

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's worth noting that Traverse Town does appear on one of the monitors in the Master of Master's computer room in UX.

Soldier

Awards
I always understood Traverse Town as being comprised of world fragments that were floating in the realms between. In a way it's a clever parallel to the End of The World (a world specifically stated to be comprised of what's left of worlds taken by the heartless, if not a heartless itself) where one is vibrant and filled with refugees trying to make a living while the other is a dystopian hellscape. Because of it's nature, maybe that's why we've never actually revisited it in the series, because the OG Traverse Town is no longer around.

Think about it:
-Leon says that when the barriers went back up everyone went back to where they were from right? what about the fragments that make up Traverse Town, wouldn't they go too?
-Adding to that, if everyone went back where they belong, who's going to live in the town?
-Following us seeing the real town in KH 1, every appearance of the world going forward is either a copy (KH 3D) or a memory (COM). Merlin mentions recovering Pooh's book from the zero district, but it's unclear if it's still there.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think KH1 actually tells us how Traverse Town was formed even though it isn’t completely obvious. The answer is in the fairytale Kairi’s grandma tells. In that story, the old world fell to darkness and a new one was formed from the light in children’s hearts. I think Traverse Town was created in the same way on a smaller scale. The circumstances are pretty similar when you think about it.

I picture Leon, the gang, and survivors from other worlds drifting through space amongst the remnants of destroyed worlds. Their hearts resonate with each other in their shared need for a haven, which leads to the birth of a new world heart. The world fragments then gather around this new world heart to form Traverse Town.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I picture Leon, the gang, and survivors from other worlds drifting through space amongst the remnants of destroyed worlds. Their hearts resonate with each other in their shared need for a haven, which leads to the birth of a new world heart. The world fragments then gather around this new world heart to form Traverse Town.
Huh, That would line up with what was said in DDD, maybe I was overthinking this.

Chie

Awards
unless everything we've been told has been one huge translation error
I'm probably repeating myself too much, and I'm sure some people look at this and just shake their heads, but I really do believe the MoM and the games are deliberately misleading about this stuff.

I'll refrain from reposting every bit of my analyses, but not a single time in X do we see the characters move outside of Daybreak Town except to go to the site of the future Keyblade Graveyard, which is totally glossed over every time it's mentioned. The characters are even lied to and told they're teleporting to other parts of the world, only later becoming aware that they're just fake simulations of things that don't even exist in the present. In UX they even talks about the Master "setting up shop" in "this world", Daybreak Town, identifying the Master's position there as being in "a world" that he was not in pre-X, which would be a weird thing to say about him moving into what was presumably just a town.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'm probably repeating myself too much, and I'm sure some people look at this and just shake their heads, but I really do believe the MoM and the games are deliberately misleading about this stuff.

I'll refrain from reposting every bit of my analyses, but not a single time in X do we see the characters move outside of Daybreak Town except to go to the site of the future Keyblade Graveyard, which is totally glossed over every time it's mentioned. The characters are even lied to and told they're teleporting to other parts of the world, only later becoming aware that they're just fake simulations of things that don't even exist in the present. In UX they even talks about the Master "setting up shop" in "this world", Daybreak Town, identifying the Master's position there as being in "a world" that he was not in pre-X, which would be a weird thing to say about him moving into what was presumably just a town.
That would make sense considering all the Disney characters are the same as the ones from the current time period.

Back