• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tiniest Bit of Feedback

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royce & Mueller

I posted this before on the KH Wiki just as an experiment, but I thought I'd give it a try here. Basically, I just need you to look at these logo and rate it on how "legit" it looks - 1 being fake as crap, 10 being passable that it looks like the real thing - something that could actually come out of Square. And please be brutally honest if you can. Though again, it's not about the quality of the image, it's about the legitimacy of it:

Speb3OK.png

Now, just to be sure....this was whipped out in like 30 minutes. Not much effort on my part, BUT if I was to put any actual effort....I'd like to know what to expect from this alone.

Who knows. There might even be a project coming out of this somewhere.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think the biggest thing that would strike me as an issue in terms of how legitimate it is, is that the II is in the foreground and is covering part of "Kingdom".

If you notice the KH2 logo (comparing because of the II design in each logo) the II is placed in the background and the title words are in the foreground.

I know that's not on a number scale but it's my only criticism!

Royce & Mueller

I think the biggest thing that would strike me as an issue in terms of how legitimate it is, is that the II is in the foreground and is covering part of "Kingdom".

If you notice the KH2 logo (comparing because of the II design in each logo) the II is placed in the background and the title words are in the foreground.

I know that's not on a number scale but it's my only criticism!

Perfectly valid criticism! The only reason why I did that was because the chi logo does the same thing. If notice the X, it has a transparency of about....erm, 35%-ish? And is covering a part of the words. I probably wanted to try something similar.

EDIT: Actually, the "HD" in Dream Drop Distance HD does the same thing! I guess it's becoming a thing for them?

plasmos

KHI Site Developer
Staff member
Awards
I posted this before on the KH Wiki just as an experiment, but I thought I'd give it a try here. Basically, I just need you to look at these logo and rate it on how "legit" it looks - 1 being fake as crap, 10 being passable that it looks like the real thing - something that could actually come out of Square. And please be brutally honest if you can. Though again, it's not about the quality of the image, it's about the legitimacy of it:

I'm going to give you a bit of .cnc when it comes to making Kingdom Hearts logo's, either for the fun of it, or rearranging the design. Quality is definitely the most important aspect of authenticity. The overly sharped "II" is very loud. Why did you only over sharp the "II" and not the entire logo? Look at those edges, it's too sharp. I would've blurred them or used clipping mask to blend it in a bit. Another thing, the "II" is not centered in the middle, rather a bit towards the left. I think you just slapped on the "Kingdom Hearts II logo, and removed the 0.2 , and used saturation to change the color of the entire trademark. Fairness I would've been all types of confuse because the "II" symbolizes what? Birth By Sleep ? Kingdom Hearts? or the volume? Since that trademark has already been used for Kingdom Hearts II. I give it a 4 based on effort.

Personally if you had more time hypothetically speaking, I would have used another color, and instead use gradient map, levels, and a bit of selective color to emphasize the entire logo making it stand out. I would've even used a bit of distort, and layer clipping mask to make everything flow a bit smoother? Overall, as you said, 30 minute work shows a lot without much effort. But It all depends on what graphic system you are using to make these.

good job tho. ;) keep practicing.

Now, just to be sure....this was whipped out in like 30 minutes. Not much effort on my part, BUT if I was to put any actual effort....I'd like to know what to expect from this alone.

I can definitely tell rushed illustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back