She's not an "it"!
- Apr 9, 2007
I've been feeling pretty down and using anything I can to distract me. KH is one of the obvious things because it's my favbourite game series of all time. With that being said, I think it'd be great for the members of the forum to post any positive memories they have with KH or just anything about it that made them happy. Sure there's times to be critical and whatnot, but I want this thread to be purely about the things in KH that make you love it.
Here's some of mine:
Here's some of mine:
- The first KH game I played was CoM on GBA. Atlantica was just walking around, so when I played KH1 on PS2 for the first time, I was expecting that as well because my young mind couldn't even fathom a game that featured walking around turning into an underwater game... when I hit Atlantica and saw that we'd be swimming, I was SO excited and happy! I love underwater worlds, so for KH to have it buried in there was so unique. It was something I had never seen before in a game and it just blew my mind. It's probably the reason I adore Atlantica in all the KH game appearances.
- The KH 1 and 2 intros were just breathtaking to me as a kid. You know, back then you couldn't just whip up any video you wanted on YouTube, so it felt special watching the intros. You also couldn't access songs easily, so Simple & Clean and Sanctuary weren't even on my MP3 player as quickly as Face My Fears/Don't Think Twice were. I remember starting a new game multiple times just to see the intros and just savoring every second. Speaking of amazing intros, when I saw the CoM cutscenes (3D) on the GBA, that also surprised me. It had me in awe that a handheld console could do that.
- I remember my first KH2 playthrough and not particularly liking Beast's Castle (I remember wanting to get to the worlds on the other side of the map quicker). When Xaldin posed a greater threat in the second visit, I got more concerned with the world. The fight was crazy but... MICKEY. I was blindsided by Mickey's appearance. I couldn't believe that they included him in there as a playable character. I remember my siblings were watching me lose to Xaldin, then when Mickey just jumped in like Yoda, everyone jumped in joyful surprise.
- The Sephiroth fight. I had a friend who was more of a Final Fantasy fan, so he knew who Sephiroth was. I had no idea. So when I went back to the Coliseum and fought the Ice Titan, I thought the other secret boss would be just as easy. After spending a weekend getting beat by Sephiroth, I remember going back to school and telling my friend about the guy that kept beating me. This is the era of no smart phones and no internet in class, so I just described him and my friend was like "that sounds like Sephiroth, if it is you'll probably never win." That made me determined to beat Sephiroth. Eventually I beat Sephiroth, found out it was him, then told my friend and that's how I got him into KH because he wanted to fight Sephiroth like that.
- CoM and KH2 ads on TV. I remember watching Disney Channel and seeing ads for CoM all the time. It's what made me aware of KH. Then when I heard about KH2, it was just so amazing to see KH2 ads on ACTUAL TV. Not just Disney Channel. That sort of validated the game to me, because a lot of people I knew hated it and thought it was a kids game.