• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: Yozora and The Nameless Star parallel Roxas and Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Sorry that it's a little disorganized.

When you think of Yozora and the Nameless Star (NS) as parallels to Roxas and Xion, the things that they say and do really start to make a lot more sense.

Let’s remind ourselves of what happened to Xion as it is very important. She meets Roxas on the clock tower and reveals that she's taken the appearance of Sora. She decides to fight Roxas because she knows she had to be destroyed so that Sora's memories can return to him. If this doesn't happen Roxas would disappear instead of her. In her last moments she crystalizes before she disappears and Sora's memories that were inside her return to Sora. After that remembering Xion becomes more and more difficult until she’s forgotten entirely.

Now let’s analyze the things that Yozora and NS do and say with the idea that they parallel Roxas and Xion.

Let’s start with Yozora. He responds, “you’re Sora?” after Sora introduces himself. This could be interpreted to mean a lot of different things: 1) He doesn't know who Sora is, 2) He knows a different Sora and is confused as to why there's another, 3) He knows Sora's face, but under a different name. But if keep the idea that Xion parallels NS, we can come to an additional possibility: 4) Yozora knew someone named Sora (in this case we assume NS's name is also Sora), but has now forgotton what they look like as something similar to Xion would've happened to NS.

“If you are who you say and it was fate that brought us here, then my path is clear”. This statement by Yozora gives echoes of what Xion says to Roxas. She knew what she had to do, she had to be destroyed and attacks Roxas to prompt him to fight her and ulimately destroy her. "This puppet will have to play her part". Right before Xion disappears, what’s interesting is that she crystalizes. What happens in the bad ending of Yozora vs Sora? Sora gets crystallized!

Now on to NS. After being asked how he still keeps his form, Sora says, “I’m a little hazy on the details”. NS replies, “as are we all”, more evidence of forgetting things.

Sora: Who’s heart are you?”
NS: No ones any more. They took my name-everything about me”

This sounds exactly like what happened to Xion. She had been forgotten by everyone. Her name and everything about her is effectively gone.

NS: only because my heart pined for another

NS describes how she ended up like this and it’s the same as Xion. Xion knew that she had to return to Sora’s heart. Xion’s heart pined for another.

Sora: so, uh…who did this to you? Heartless steal hearts, so…a nobody?
NS: a…somebody
This right here is the big one. Roxas, a nobody, destroys Xion. To Xion, Roxas would be a somebody. This is the kind of distinction that Xion would make. If the parallel holds true, this would mean Yozora was the one that destroyed NS.

So what does it mean if Yozora and NS are Roxas and Xion parallels? Well, it could be a lot of things and with this information, we could make some pretty good guesses. Time for a whole bunch of speculation. If you remember how Roxas was first introduced, it was in a secret ending where Roxas fought Riku. Roxas was part of an as of yet introduced Organization 13, an organization comprised of an entirely new type of being, a nobody. What’s more, Roxas wasn’t just any type of nobody, he was a special nobody. So, this leads me to speculate that Yozora could very well be a nobody, he has the nobody symbol on his earing, after all, but he also might be a brand new type of being altogether to make him special like Roxas. This might explain that other symbol that’s on him. But if the parallels hold true, whatever Yozora is, he’s not an ordinary type of it like Roxas wasn't an ordinary nobody. What I also suspect is that he’s also part of an organization comprised entirely of people like him. And maybe like Roxas, Yozora has abilities that no other in his hypothetical organization can do and perhaps more. Roxas was able to wield a keyblade when no other nobody could with the added bonus of dual wielding! Whether it be nobodies or something else, they need a brand new naming convention to parallel Organization 13. For them it was an anagram with an added X, for Yozora’s it might be something more Japanese? I myself, don’t know Japanese, but if google translate can be relied on, Sora and Yozora share the same kanji for sky, but Yozora has an additional kanji for night. Might that be the naming convention this time? I know that in Japanese there is often many ways to read each kanji, so maybe the naming convention is name + one of the readings of night kanji?

I have a guess for the name of hypothetical Organization 13 parallel, and It's Corporation 13. I'll post about it later, but know this, It is a gigantic stretch.

If my other theory is true, where I suggest Yozora and NS go through their own DDD, this would mean Yozora and NS also had a 358/2 days or maybe even a KH2. If they went through their own versions of these 2 games then maybe they had their own versions of other games where Sora was the protagonist, like COM or KH1? Yozora says the famous “I have been having these weird thoughts lately…” that Sora said in KH1. Maybe he’s going through the games backwards? Maybe the "save Sora", is more like a “thank Namine” type thing. I don’t know, Just speculating.

I’m going to speculate on what kind of being Yozora could be if he’s not a nobody. The symbol on his sleeve looks like a skull and crossbones except the skull has crown, hair spikes similar to Sora’s, and 2 keyblades crossing where there would be bones. Let’s look at the locations they go. Yozora and Sora meet in a night time version of the final world, Yozora takes them to Shibuya, in the bad ending Yozora goes to the day version of the final world then wakes up in a car where the outside world looks dreary, and in the good ending Yozora just wakes up in the dreary place inside a car. The crowned skull and crosskeyblades and Shibuya may indicate something to do with death or perhaps an afterlife, as Shibuya and the 104 could be allusions to The World Ends With You. The night time final world and the dreary world in which Yozora awakes might suggest a world without light perhaps? Maybe he lives in some parallel universe where everyone has a doppelganger. When one sleeps while the other is awake? After life, night time; to combine everything, maybe “after light” would be suitable? I don’t know; just spit balling.

Last edited:

GonaldDoofy

Awards
I'm a big fan of the two theories you posted. They're both pretty big stretches given the dearth of information we've been given so far, but I still find them really compelling and there are definitely a lot of parallels between Yozora/NS and characters/events/lines of dialogue from the actual series. Props for putting this much thought into this and articulating yourself so well and making me believe that some of these theories may be possible! I was really lost as to how Yozora fit into the series and I would never have put any of this together, but now I feel like there are legitimate ways that these new characters could work in the context of the craziness of KH. Can't say I have anything to add to the conversation, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the stuff you've put forward ended up being canon

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This was a interesting theory read. It made me think about a lot of stuff. The crystal death thing might have some new meaning? I don't think they originally had anything for it in mind when Xion died, but the series is famous for retconning things to fit together, so it could now. Maybe the crystal death means preserving ones self into something else. We've had three crystalings happen between Xion, Kairi, and Sora. Maybe it means Sora is in someone elses heart. But interestingly enough Sora's body remained in one piece didn't it? While Xion and Kairi shattered into memories and heart pieces.

As for Yozora, I didn't even think to parallel him with Roxas. But after reading your theory I can see the resemblances. Yozora being part of his own group sounds fascinating, though I doubt there will be 13 of them. Maybe it's a group of 7. We can at least possibly count four other people. His two friends, his driver, and NS. Yozora is also a commander of something. We might learn more about NS in Melody of Memories to add on tho this theory, but this was really good.

Awards
This was a interesting theory read. It made me think about a lot of stuff. The crystal death thing might have some new meaning? I don't think they originally had anything for it in mind when Xion died, but the series is famous for retconning things to fit together, so it could now. Maybe the crystal death means preserving ones self into something else. We've had three crystalings happen between Xion, Kairi, and Sora. Maybe it means Sora is in someone elses heart. But interestingly enough Sora's body remained in one piece didn't it? While Xion and Kairi shattered into memories and heart pieces.

As for Yozora, I didn't even think to parallel him with Roxas. But after reading your theory I can see the resemblances. Yozora being part of his own group sounds fascinating, though I doubt there will be 13 of them. Maybe it's a group of 7. We can at least possibly count four other people. His two friends, his driver, and NS. Yozora is also a commander of something. We might learn more about NS in Melody of Memories to add on tho this theory, but this was really good.

Thanks for reading my post! The reason why I think 13 is because of the writing on Yozora's crossbow. It could definitely just be 3 instead of 13, though.
KINGDOM-HEARTS-20200811045843.jpg

As for the crystalization, I also tend to think it's for the purpose of preservation. Assuming Yozora is actually trying to save Sora and he's not mistaking him for someone else or something like that, and also assuming that he knows of Sora's situation, this is a theory I have: Yozora is trying to prevent Sora from completely fading away. I don't think It is far fetched to believe that Sora will continue to fade as we see in the final cutscene and lose his strength as a consequence of abusing the power of waking, In the good ending (the one where Yozora loses), Yozora says, "I guess... that my powers aren't needed yet". It's strange for him to say this when he was so determined to win. This is unless his goal is to prevent Sora from fading away. In the bad ending Yozora says, "sorry, but I don't Lose". This shows how highly Yozora thinks of himself and his abilities, meaning that If Sora does manage to actually beat him, it is very clear that Sora is still incredibly powerful and far from fading away.

Something interesting to note about Sora's crystalization as opposed to Xion and Kairi's is that it happens within a heart. If you read my other theory, I proposed that Yozora has the power of waking. If that is in fact the case, then he used the power of waking on Sora and the whole fight and the crystalization (if Yozora wins), happened inside Sora's heart.

Link to my other theory: https://www.khinsider.com/forums/in...-sora-and-riku-in-dream-drop-distance.223480/

Back