• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory on MoM relation to KH3 / Kingdom Hearts itself

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerkania

Awards
This post will also contain some spoilers for KHX/KHUX and the other games, just a warning. Originally posted on Reddit but I figured discussions on here can be better.

Anyway this is a work in progress, but thinking about back cover and KHUX and the MoM stirred up an idea in my head. Would love to see what you guys think!

Just as keyblade wielders were trying to gather light, what if the MoM's plan was to capture darkness?

In KHUX - we see keyblade wielders fighting to protect the light and gather as much of it as they can. They were all given a chirithy too - a creation of the MoM. When the chirithy becomes a nightmare, that's when we know the keyblade wielder had fallen into darkness. To the Foretellers, that meant something needed to be done and that person needed to be defeated - but what if the nightmare chirithy was a sign to the MoM his plan was going accordingly? Being dream eaters they could enter the realm of sleep and travel to time for when he came back and deliver him the darkness he needed.

The organization coats for MoMand Luxu are likely to hide their identities, it can also signify they were close to the darkness. What if the Master of Masters was trying to create dark 'Kingdom Hearts' - a 'Kingdom Hearts' comprised of darkness. The Kingdom Hearts we know from KH1 and KH2 was of light, so this fits with the duality theme of light & darkness. Why would he want/need to do that? Perhaps you need a KH of light and a KH of darkness to recreate the world as you see fit, not just one. The original world we know of was full of light, so perhaps he needed to wait a very long time to get enough darkness.

We know the MoM to be someone who was curious and doing experiments in his workshop, and it's not a stretch to assume he would've been the strongest keyblade wielder we've seen in the series. If he had waited around a bit, he would've seen the original x-blade and Kingdom Hearts; and he presumably could've used them for whatever he wanted. But he didn't, he purposely disappeared and had Luxu watch over the events through the gazing eye. He's waiting for something.

This kinda goes beyond KH3, but it could fit in that even if Xehanort got the x-blade; it wasn't enough for him to recreate the world. And once Xehanort's plan fails and he's ultimately defeated, now there's enough darkness for the MoM to return.

Wallflower3582

I've kind of always thought that the disappearance of the MoM was related to the time travel mechanic. If he had Luxu travel forward in time and see all the events up to the approaching Keyblade War in KH3, it's possible he deciphered a time he wanted to be in and jumped forward in the timeline, if he has that ability. I have this pesky feeling that the MoM is the mastermind behind the whole Xehanort saga. I don't know if we'll see him or some of his plan in this game, but if we don't I'd be willing to bet he's a major character in the next arc.

As for the theory that the MoM is creating a Kingdom Hearts of Darkness to go with the KH of Light, that's a very interesting idea. A perfect light and a perfect darkness clashing has been a central idea for many games now, and if it we're happening on a scale like that I think it's safe to say it would be a massive development. I'm curious to see if you're on to something there.

Gambler

My personal theory in the matter of the MoM is that he's not a mastermind or the man behind Xehanort's schemes.

On the contrary, I see the MoM as a man who simply played chance with fate and is simply just another man. Though I may have my concessions, he is simply a living embodiment of fate to me. I'm more curious on a secret ending expanding his already enigmatic personality by showing his raison d'etere in setting forth the events of UX and ultimately the mystery behind No Name and the all too nebulous Box. I think this is what I want more questions on is

More pressing question for me in it all, though could be: Where did he disappear off to? and, most importantly, Why pass on the keyblade and box to Luxu?

Quite interestingly, to me, that beyond his very lackadaisical (and eccentric) persona, there could be quite a potent (and far more serious) mind beneath the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back