• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory, connecting Aqua and Riku.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari221

Before I begin, I'd like to say that not only will this be full of spoilers, but the entire theory is founded on the idea that this:

(props to Lonbilly, whose avatar I used)

is Aqua in the Dark Meridian. This won't be a long theory, so bear with me.

The beginning of my theory started to form when I was replaying Kingdom Hearts II a week ago. I got to the point where Riku gives Kairi her Keyblade, and it sparked my memory. I remembered an interview with Nomura, quite a while ago. (I haven't been able to find it in the interview archive or anywhere else)

Nomura said that Riku giving Kairi her keyblade foreshadowed something, and this got me thinking. What could it foreshadow? Obviously with no concrete information, this was more or less impossible to answer.

Then, yesterday, I saw the Jump Festa trailer. Possibly one of the most telling scenes was Aqua in the Dark Meridian/Destiny Islands at night. Upon further reflection, my theory is interchangeable with the two.

After the battle, Ven loses his heart somehow. Leaving her armor and Keyblade (because I have no idea how to explain the Room of Repose) Aqua, knowing that MX/Xehanort/Vanitas want his body for whatever reason, somehow takes his body to the Dark Realm, to Castle Oblivion. She puts him in the Room of Awakening so MX/Xehanort/Vanitas can't get to him. She, having no Keyblade or armor, is forced to wander the Dark Realm (bear with me) until one day, she meets Riku.

The end of this theory is based on Nomura stating that he wanted to make a game focusing on Riku's time in the Dark Realm. If Riku did meet Aqua, it would explain the Keyblade he gives to Kairi.

I'm aware of the many holes in this theory, but I wanted to call it in case any of this came true. This is more of a general concept theory, and there are certain points that I believe in, and certain points that I don't really believe in, but had to include lest the theory make no sense.

Last edited:

Trimms

So are you saying that he gets that keychain for Kairi's Keyblade from Aqua?
I like the idea but it's not concrete enough. Still loving it though.

Hikari221

Well, like I said, it isn't so much an entire story theory as it is a conceptual one.

ForgotenProphecy

i hate it when characters never say what happened and stuff!!
if your theory is true why couldnt riku leave a clue like ''here kairi i got this from a blue haired dyke'' or ''here kairi i got this from the realm of darkness'' or something??

Hikari221

i hate it when characters never say what happened and stuff!!
if your theory is true why couldnt riku leave a clue like ''here kairi i got this from a blue haired dyke'' or ''here kairi i got this from the realm of darkness'' or something??

The fact is that he didn't say anything about the Keyblade or where he got it.

The general belief is that it was created by his memories of the Destiny Islands, but as far as I'm aware that was never confirmed.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
I got to the point where Riku gives Kairi her Keyblade, and it sparked my memory.
While Kairi did have a keyblade in KH2, it wasn't her's. Riku was only letting her hold it. It was still a transformed Soul Eater like Riku's Way To Dawn.
Nomura said that Riku giving Kairi her keyblade foreshadowed something, and this got me thinking. What could it foreshadow? Obviously with no concrete information, this was more or less impossible to answer.
This?
VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?

There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its OK to think there is some deeper meaning there.
Leaving her armor and Keyblade (because I have no idea how to explain the Room of Repose)
The room of Rpose was built after Xemnas banished Ansem the Wise. How Xemnas or Xehanort got this armor is unknown.
Aqua, knowing that MX/Xehanort/Vanitas want his body for whatever reason, somehow takes his body to the Dark Realm, to Castle Oblivion.
For the record Castle Oblivion lies in the in between realm as Nobodies can be born there. But it is closer to darkness compared to other worlds. Thee Castle it's self might have been built or have a connection with Master Xehanort.
It bears a symbol similar to that of the one on his keyblade. He also has been seen there in the recent trailer.
CO.jpg

Master_Xehanort__s_Keyblade_by_GunZcon.png

She, having no Keyblade or armor, is forced to wander the Dark Realm (bear with me) until one day, she meets Riku.
Or the King....
Remember Aqua picked up Mickey's keyblade in the Gathering. Mickey also had an adventure in this realm.
The end of this theory is based on Nomura stating that he wanted to make a game focusing on Riku's time in the Dark Realm.
He did? I thought he said he wanted to make a game telling Riku's story in general.
If Riku did meet Aqua, it would explain the Keyblade he gives to Kairi.
According to the novels, when Riku pulled the keyblade out he had a feeling of old memories. Smile had the idea that this might relate to Xehanort's most memories.

Hikari221

While Kairi did have a keyblade in KH2, it wasn't her's. Riku was only letting her hold it. It was still a transformed Soul Eater like Riku's Way To Dawn.

He drew Way to Dawn moments after he gives Kairi her keyblade.

No, it was another interview... I'll see if I can find it.

The room of Rpose was built after Xemnas banished Ansem the Wise. How Xemnas or Xehanort got this armor is unknown.

Is there any concrete record of that?

For the record Castle Oblivion lies in the in between realm as Nobodies can be born there. But it is closer to darkness compared to other worlds. Thee Castle it's self might have been built or have a connection with Master Xehanort.
It bears a symbol similar to that of the one on his keyblade. He also has been seen there in the recent trailer.

I thought it was mentioned that Castle Oblivion was close to the Dark Realm. I'll look into it.

Or the King....
Remember Aqua picked up Mickey's keyblade in the Gathering. Mickey also had an adventure in this realm.

Wouldn't Riku's story coincide with Mickey's?

He did? I thought he said he wanted to make a game telling Riku's story in general.

That's more or less what I was getting at, actually.

According to the novels, when Riku pulled the keyblade out he had a feeling of old memories. Smile had the idea that this might relate to Xehanort's most memories.

The novel? I've never read them.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
He drew Way to Dawn moments after he gives Kairi her keyblade.
Right, he was basically dual wielding and letting her hold it.
VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?

There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its OK to think there is some deeper meaning there.
If it's a transformed Soul Eater it still belongs to Riku.
Is there any concrete record of that?
Will a statement from Xigbar work for ya?

(2:00)
The Room of Sleep (Now known as the Chamber or Repose)

The underground laboratory where we were studying the darkness within people's hearts

The place which Ansem ordered us to seal away

The first thing Xemnas did when he got rid of our wise yet bothersome leader

Was release the seal and make that room in the depths of the laboratory
I thought it was mentioned that Castle Oblivion was close to the Dark Realm. I'll look into it.
II - Worlds appear in KH, could you please give an explanation of the means of coming and going between them?

Concerning the structure of worlds, first Sora and the Disney characters, and where ever we dwell, these so-called normal worlds are attached to the Realm of Light. If all of these exist at the same level and you imagine them all sitting on top of a plane, there is also a plane of existence on the other side where the Realm of Darkness exists.

At present, there are 4 worlds in-between these planes that have appeared: A) Castle Oblivion, B) Twilight Town, C) Yen Sid's Tower, and D) The World That Never Was. Constructed in this manner, Light < C < B > A > D > Darkness, you can imagine 2 planes with stairs ranging between the worlds. There are 2 means of transfer between these worlds, first being the Gummi Ship Sora uses in what is called the "Sea of Outer Space". In this way they can come and go between the worlds dotted through space. There is an invisible shell covering these worlds, so as to preserve the original world from interference from other worlds. By opening the hearts of each of these worlds this shell is broken and will become a group of shooting stars pouring down. Once settled, these shooting stars will become the Gummi Parts of the Gummi Ship. Because they were originally from the shell covering this world, it becomes possible to interfere into each world.
Wouldn't Riku's story coincide with Mickey's?
Eventually, but Mickey was there longer. Riku was only there for a short amount of time compared to Mickey's. If Coded is correct he entered the realm in a randomly created Corridor of darkness while Sora was in Traverse town for the first time. Riku enter the realm of darkness behind after Xehanort's heartless took over his body and sent his heart there.
This scene was only seen in KH1 final mix and shows Riku as soon as he was sent to the dark realm.

Riku was then lead to the enterance of the door by Mickey's voice and helpped close the door.

Hikari221

Right, he was basically dual wielding and letting her hold it.

If it's a transformed Soul Eater it still belongs to Riku.

He was dual wielding the same keyblade twice? The only person who's ever managed to do that was Roxas, and he was using Xion's keyblade.

Will a statement from Xigbar work for ya?

(2:00)

Yeah, alright, I never watched the Final Mix+ cutscenes in full.

Eventually, but Mickey was there longer. Riku was only there for a short amount of time compared to Mickey's. If Coded is correct he entered the realm in a randomly created Corridor of darkness while Sora was in Traverse town for the first time. Riku enter the realm of darkness behind after Xehanort's heartless took over his body and sent his heart there.
Riku was then lead to the enterance of the door by Mickey's voice and helpped close the door.

Personally, were this game to be created, I would want to play as both. Riku's story from Chain of Memories onward, and Mickey from the beginning of KH1 to whatever would amount to an ending for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back