• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theme Similarities?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rowd149

Okay, I haven't been on in SO long x3 So, this may have been brought up already(or atleast, what this revelation suggests might have already been agreed upon), but has anyone noticed the similarities in the trumpet riffs in Disappeared and Rage Awakened(aka, Xemnas' and The Enigmatic Soldier's themes, respectively)? Short bursts played in the background. A link between two the characters, then, maybe? Or just Shimomura playing around with motifs?

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
nomura is an alien, he does everything you couldn't think about
maybe they have a connection, and maybe not

V

V.A.T.13

could you give an example through youtube links? Like point out what time they sound the similar...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I think you have a point. Birth By Sleep also has a similar burst beat playing in that background. We all know that Xemnas and Terra are deeply connected, as Terra states that the only thing he has left is his hatred for Xehanort, and Xemnas calls Aqua's armor an "old friend". Whether he meant it, I don't it know, but it's made clear that there is definitely a connection between the knights and Xemnas/Xehanort, Nomura confirmed that himself.

I like the idea that Nomura would link his characters through Shimomura's music.

V

V.A.T.13

Wow. They do sound similar...
Xemnas' sounds...like trouble...
and Terra is sounds kinda noble-ish...and a lil sad...

If theres one thing Square dosn't slack on, its music....

Buuut, I'm gonna check other themes in case its for all boss battle music or something...

edit: yea, its in most the battle themes, but terra and xemnas' sounds closest alike. May just because they we're both secret bosses.
But I still believe the two are connected either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back