• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Waterway and other Hollow Bastion Annoyances (HELP!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
WHOLE POST EDIT (Thursday, December 29, 2005): I have discovered a possible bonefied mystery in Hollow Bastion, one that I'm certain is unsolvable. In the Waterway area of Hollow Bastion, one has to activate the blue switches in a certain way to reach a blue switch at the end that unlocks the front doors of Hollow Bastion, and then fiddle with the blue switches again to get back to where they came from. I know how to do this already. Now, the real mystery is that in this 'blue switch area', there are two blue switches that are definitely unattainable; they are either boxed off by barred walls from all sides, or that when they are not barred off from all sides, the player is in a position where he or she is boxed in and cannot reach the blue switch (these switches have nothing to do with the regular puzzle; they are 'optional switches', possibly). Also, when one locks on to something in a room, they can scroll through all the other lock on-able things in the room with R2 and/or L2. You can lock on to the attainable blue switches in the Waterway, but even when you are damn close to one of the unattainable blue switches, you cannot lock on to it, you can not even scroll to it after locking on to something else. These switches, I believe because of those reasons, are truly unattainable and are not even switches, but are only decorations that the developers put in to either make the area look better or to screw with players' heads (like mine, for instance). If anyone wishes to challenge the idea that these switches are unattainable, say how they may be reached, or how you have reached them if you did, and if you did, what they did. I think they are impossible to get to, though; I've tried nearly EVERYTHING so far. That's how annoyed this thing has gotten me.

The following are two solved Hollow Bastion mysteries that others (including me) have had trouble with in the past:

1.) When the game forces you to go to Hollow Bastion for the second time (when you are going to actually lock the keyhole), a treasure box in the Rising Falls that was not accessible before becomes accessible. This treasure box that I am referring to is located under the water underneath the platform with a fountainish thing and a white trinity mark on it (it is also the platform where you encounter Riku when you go to Hollow Bastion for the first time). When you go to Hollow Bastion for the first time, there is no bubble to bring you underwater so that you can reach the treasure box. When you go for the second time (to lock the keyhole), there is suddenly a new bubble near the platform that can bring you underwater so that you can run to the treasure box and open it before you are forced above water.

2.) For those who are wondering about the supposedly 'unattainable' treasure box in Hollow Bastion's Waterway that can be seen on a platform if one looks up near the beginning of the Waterway (near the second bubble, I think; the bubble close to the water, not high above it), there is a way to get it. You have to freeze the bubble with any form of the Blizzard magic. You then jump on the bubble, and then jump/glide to the platform with the treasure box on it, or on top of the wall nearby so that you can walk on the wall's top to the platform with the treasure box on it (Thanx Shadow Keyblade for the info).

Last edited:

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
1) The puzzle is way too easy. All you really have to do is press the first switch that you can reach then keep pressing the ones you havent press yet as the walls give you access to them. Just remember that pattern for when you return because coming back will be kinda harder.

2) You just have to run really fast. These are not really worth getting unless you want to get everything.

I only have a problem in the waterway on top(using the bubble) Beast breaks a wall and you can see a treasure chest on the other side but I cant get to it.

Awards
1.) Um, for the Waterway, I'm talking about the two switches that are inaccessable. I know how to do the puzzle to get to the device that unlocks Hollow Bastion's front door, I'm just asking if there's any way to reach the seemingly inaccessible blue switches (there are at least two that are not accessable by normal means).

2.) What do you mean by "run really fast"? How would that help me to get the treasure box stuck under the water underneath the platform with the Trinity Mark on it in the Rising Falls area?

That treasure box you're talking about might be the one where you have to freeze the bubble to get to (I mentioned it in the "P.S." part of my first post in this thread). Otherwise, it might have something to do with the inaccessable switches I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back