• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Tree of Life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards

From wikipedia:

Details of the plot released by sources involved in the production have been minimal. It is described as a 1950s period piece.[1] The first official description of the film emerged from foreign sales agent Summit Entertainment's official website on September 21, 2008, in the form of a thematic summary of the film, describing it as the tale of a Texan boy's journey from the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years as a "lost soul in the modern world", and his quest to regain meaning in life.[2]

An official synopsis was later released at the 2010 American Film Market:

From the Desk of Terrence Malick.....

We trace the evolution of an eleven-year-old boy in the Midwest, Jack, one of three brothers. At first all seems marvelous to the child. He sees as his mother does with the eyes of his soul. She represents the way of love and mercy, where the father tries to teach his son the world’s way of putting oneself first. Each parent contends for his allegiance, and Jack must reconcile their claims. The picture darkens as he has his first glimpses of sickness, suffering and death. The world, once a thing of glory, becomes a labyrinth.

From this story is that of adult Jack, a lost soul in a modern world, seeking to discover amid the changing scenes of time that which does not change: the eternal scheme of which we are a part. When he sees all that has gone into our world’s preparation, each thing appears a miracle—precious, incomparable. Jack, with his new understanding, is able to forgive his father and take his first steps on the path of life.

The story ends in hope, acknowledging the beauty and joy in all things, in the everyday and above all in the family—our first school—the only place that most of us learn the truth about the world and ourselves, or discover life’s single most important lesson, of unselfish love.[3]

In an October 2008 interview, production designer Jack Fisk, a longtime Malick collaborator, suggested that the director is attempting something radical.[4] He also implied that details of the film are a close secret.[5] In early March 2009, visual effects artist Mike Fink revealed to Empire Magazine that he was working on scenes of prehistoric Earth for the film.[6] The similarity of the scenes Fink describes to descriptions of a hugely ambitious project entitled Q that Malick worked on soon after Days of Heaven has led to speculation that The Tree of Life is a resurrection of that abandoned project.[7] The website aintitcool.com has since reported that the prehistoric scenes are being filmed for a separate, IMAX-specific project "depicting the birth and death of the universe." That film is being described as "not narratively connected" to The Tree of Life; rather they are "thematically complementary pieces."[8]

I hardly know anything about this movie but, damn, I want to see it.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
It sounds interesting, to say the least. However, I sense some groups of people getting humbuggery about it, but that's juust me. :S

Would like to see it.

Awards
Bumping this topic because it's premiering at Cannes tomorrow, so the impressions will start rolling in.

I will say that Malick has done a damn good job, as always, of covering up the details of the film.
Sort of surprised though, how much this has slipped under the radar. People are saying this will revolutionize film like 2001 did.
I can't say how much of a fan of Malick I am (only saw 2 of his 6 films, The Thin Red Line, which I loved, and The New World, which I was not too fond of), but this movie is definitely exciting to me.

I love the idea of juxtaposing the grandiose (the reason for life, its creation, the beginning and end of the universe and all the steps between, from mitosis to the formation of stars) with the mundane (a coming of age tale set in 1950s suburban America).

brunowarne

Website
10starmovies.com
whats the music in this trailer? It's so amazing and beautiful to listen. I will watch this movie soon in theater...Awesome music in the trailer....

Awards
αsiя;5521069 said:
Movie Review: TREE OF LIFE Is Mostly A Masterpiece | Badass Digest

The review goes on praising the movie. This and Super 8 are the only movies I'm very much anticipating for.

From what I've read on Rotten Tomatoes, this is going to be a very polarizing film among critics.
Many either absolutely love or hate it.
It's been called a masterpiece that evolves the medium and a pretentious load of crap.

I mean, when it premiered, people were both applauding and booing.
Makes me all the more interested in seeing it.

rosejasmin

Website
www.watch-csi-miami-online.ch
The Tree of Life is a my favorite drama movie.Its one of the American drama with experiments.It is written and directed by Terrence Malick and its starcast is Sean Penn, Brad Pitt and Jessica Chastain. I love the role of Mr. O'Brien in this movie so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back