• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Time Behind the Door: Take Two

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku's_girl<3

Website
www.myspace.com
Alright, I posted this before, but it failed miserably. I think I'll try one more go at it and actually write a second chapter this time. Woo. X3

So, right. I did this before for a contest and what not. It's not really my best, but oh well. .__.

Anyway, on with the fiction. It's about Riku's time spent behind the door of light and what not. Enjoy, I suppose.

CHAPTER ONE: The Beginning

Darkness… It is a word that can be feared, loathed, and craved… This is a story about just that… a story about finding ones way through darkness… about taking in the darkness… and embracing it, making it the sole purpose of your living…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Riku looked around the dark room crawling with heartless, staying deep within his own thoughts. The darkness compelled him, but he knew the path he took was incorrect. He struggled with himself. Not sure of what he did exactly. How could he betray his own friend? But would his actions in the end, make up for his wrong doings?

With a swift movement of his hand, he brushed his long silver hair back. He looked to his side to see his short companion in a strong fighting stance, wielding his key blade with a passion. His large ears protruded from the sides of his head and his nose twitched, eager to commence fighting. “Ready Riku?” The high pitched sound of his voice echoed through the room and Riku gave him a small nod.

Gripping his dark and foreboding looking key blade, his eyes filled focus and determination. He would have to brave the terrors contained in this colossal space with nothing but his own power and Mickey Mouse’s experience.

A twisting, contorted heartless began limping towards Riku. He dove forward and slashed to his right quickly. Within moments, the heartless was no more. It seemed as though the destruction of that one heartless created a chain reaction. The rest of the heartless, which were patiently waiting in the wings, came to attack in waves and the pair of fighters were nothing more than black streaks rushing in to destroy the thousands of heartless.

All of a sudden, a rumble began to shake the very ground they stood on. Riku stopped in his tracks and turned to see the cause of the noise rising above the mountains of heartless. His heart skipped a beat. Sweat began to bead down his forehead. His mouth opened slightly and he loosened the grip on his blade.

A countless amount of enormous heartless rose above the warped ground. “Argh.” Riku looked over to see Mickey already charging at them. “This could take a while…” He ran after the short sprinting mouse. He began to feel tired and didn’t know how much longer he could keep fighting at such a rate. The heartless never seemed to stop coming.

With a huge leap he landed atop of the first gargantuan heartless. He sighed deeply and slashed at the creature furiously. It moaned and cried out, but despite its objections, Riku’s fighting was still relentless. Even though he appeared absolutely in control, his mind was wandering. Would he be stuck in this eternal darkness? When would he ever see his friends again, if he were to see them again at all? It seemed as though the choices he made during the past days and weeks were almost like a dream. A hazy and terrible dream.

It wasn’t in his original nature to treat his friends like that. When he thought of this, he considered, “If I’ve changed so greatly, so as to do that, what other treacherous things am I willing to do?” It felt like he didn’t even know himself anymore. One of the things Maleficent said must have struck him so true that he would betray his own ethics.

Mickey quickly snapped Riku out of his pensive state, “Come on! We’ve got to beat them! Then we can find our way out!”

“I know,” was all Riku managed to say. He brought on his onslaught of attacks with a fury and before they knew it, another two huge heartless were nothing more than smoke. A sly smile found its place upon his face. He liked this. He liked the feeling of power. He could feel the urge to fight flow through his body. He couldn’t deny such an urge. With a renewed will to fight, he took down heartless after heartless. He wasn’t sure where the source of this power was, and in fact, he didn’t care. All that mattered in those intense brutal moments was the connection between him, and his dark weapon.

He didn’t realize it then, but the darkness was already beginning to consume him. Despite all his objections and disbelief, he couldn’t resist. Riku was already knee deep into darkness. Despite his kind deed when he helped Sora at the door to light, the feeling of helplessness and longing overcame any thought he had to return to light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back