• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Storm-Sign Ups and Discussion-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DetectiveMan

The Storm:

RP Rating: M-Mature.
Warning:

This RP will have tons of blood and gore.

It all began...

With a storm....

In the town of Creighvill. Everything was always peaceful. Mostly everyone knew one another and the weather was always strangely nice. There was everything you would expect in a small town of that sort. A church, a grocery store. A gas station. A bar/diner. The occasional troublemakers. But this was all going to change one day. When a storm appeared on the horizon. The clouds as dark as midnight and the thunder and loud and crashing as a hurricane. It swept everything up in its wraith. Tossing and twisting things to ribbons. Blood and bodies flew as they were impaled by the various objects thrown about in the horrifying storm. Nearly nothing remained except strange black creatures with empty-white pupil-less eyes. Their bodies were well toned and similar to a humans. Their heads resembled gargoyles with long ears and razor-sharp teeth. They came to devour the bodies. Hunt down the survivors and sink their teeth into anything that moved. Their bodies were complete black.

But a few humans survived. A group of humans managed to flee the town with a few supplies, maybe a weapon or two. With no clue of where to go they set off in an old nearly rusting school bus. They have been driving for atleast a day. By night they are convinced they see black shapes soaring through the dark sky. With a screech like that of a woman being murdered they are haunted. They are currently on route to Nevi Celus. Nevi Celus was the name of the closest town. It was rumored Nevi Celus was the name of a man who lived there hundreds of years ago. Who posessed magical abilities. By night it was also rumored those who saw him saw half of Nevi Celus's face was skeleton. Nevi's wife was discovered to be having an affair with another man. This broke Nevi's heart. He went on a rampage and killed many townspeople. He cursed the town that they would be haunted by demons for all eternity. Then disappeared into the dark sky.

Now it is believed that the storm was caused by Nevi Celus.

The group of survivors escape. After what seemed like an eternity of travel they arrive in New York City. The Big Apple. They re-start their lives and try and forget about the events of the past. But then. It happened. On the horizon a raging storm indentical to the one from years ago. But this time. More intense. Everything in its path is torn apart. The land is ravaged by earthquakes. Savage winds that knock over buildings and pry open the earth revealing a gaping maw. A pit of darkness that reaks of death. Blood. The answer to the storms. The demons. Lies within the maw.

The survivors of the past must re-connect with each other and venture into the void to discover the answer. But what they find they may not like. What they find buried beneath the layers of the earth.May be what is the beginning of the end of the world. A world known Scientist suggests an expedition into the pit. Who will go? Will you? If you return alive. You may no longer be who you were.

Little did the survivors from the Creighvill incident know, they will somehow all end up at the sign-up for the expedition. Maybe they are all connected to what is happening more than they know. They may be the ones who hold the key to the survival of the world.

What do you do as RPers?

As Roleplayers you will live in NY and somehow make your ways to the large stadium like building in New York and if somewhat reluctantly sign up for the expedition. When you arrive at the stadium you will have plenty of time to socialize and get a feel for things. At a random time I will make a post that I like to call "A Story Progression Post" in which I will have the Scientist make a speech about the expedition. The RP is meant to have a feeling of the unknown. Most of the time you as RPers will have no clue what is happening. That is exactly what it is suppose to be for this. At random times I will interject a post into the story that will set in motion an event that you will have to move your character to where that is happening.

Many completely random things will pop up and you will be expected to adapt to the situation and make your character survive or do whatever they have to do. For instance. A random demon attack on the Stadium maybe? you will have to use items located all throughtout wherever you are to survive. When the expedition begins you will be provided with weapons. But no spoliers.

Template:

Name:
Job(Optional)
Marital Status:(Single, Married, Divorced? Dating?)
Appearence:(An image or describing your character will do)
Personality:
First Impression:
Backstory:

Endgame

:D
Name: Luke Thomas
Job: He's currently unemployed. Before that, he was a sales clerk. Before that, an office consultant. Before that, he worked in tech support. No mattter what job he takes, his mind never seems to be on the work, but rather somewhere far away, and darker.

Marital Status: Single.

Appearance: Luke has shoulder-length brown hair, usually put up in a ponytail, deep brown eyes, and an angular face. His skin is pale, as he dosn't spend much time outside anymore. He usually wears semi-formal attire, such as jeans and a band shirt with a business jacket.

Personality: Luke's a pretty quiet guy, though mostly because his mind has wandered off without him. He spends a lot of time thinking, about anything that comes to mind. He also has a perchant for sarcasm if he thinks someone hasn't thought something through before opening their mouth, and is something of a pessamist. Overall he's a nice guy... so long as you're not an idiot, and you're around long enough for him to get used to you. He dosn't handle new people well, but will do anything to help someone once he knows them well enough. He's also very unsure about interpersonal relationships, constantly questioning what the other thinks about him, unless they vocally say they like him, and do it often.

First Impression: Luke's brooding personality and difficulty with strangers initially make him come off as very aloof and cold, and the thoughts that often trouble him can make him seem absent minded. Don't expect to become friends with him unless you offer the hand of friendship first.

Backstory: Ever since that first storm...

Ever since the Creighvill incident, Luke has been almost a shadow. Yes, he walks around and goes to work, and eats and sleeps, but while he does that, it's almost like he isn't really there. Like his body's just on autopilot. He can't stop trying to figure out where they came from, what they were. He wakes up in the middle of the night screaming, tormented by them in his dreams. He spaces out in the middle of conversations, having seen or heard something that reminds him of the incident.

Ever since the incident, he's lived in NYC, though it's hardly a successful life. He survives, moving from one job to another when his quirks or problems get him fired. He struggles to make friends, meet girls, but it all seems so empty, so fake, after what he went through. They don't understand. The girls think he dosn't care about them, that he's just in it for the sex. Most the people he meets assume he's on drugs, which, from time to time, he is. They help him forget about everything that's wrong, if only for a few hours. Alcohol's a regular retreat, solitary drinking at home, bars are too crowded, too noisy. He continues to smoke heavily, despite the fact that he's often coughing up tar. It helps him relax.

Through all this, he can't help but wonder if his questions, if what really happened at Creighvill, will ever come to light.

Excellent idea, this is the first RP I've seen in ages that has my complete attention. I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out, and the mysterious plot twists you've got in mind for us.

Haha, I guess now I know what it's like for other people whenever I post one of my RP's. You've set this up in the same way I tend to, with the plot a mystery, driven by posts of a few select people, plenty of twists and turns.

If you need any assistance to make this work out, I'm prepared to offer any help I can.

Last edited:

DetectiveMan

Aweome bio man! you are definitely accepted! I will most definitely ask you if I need any help with anything related to the RP. Now I need more people still lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back