• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Squareyman Can

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomOfThe4thWall

This is just a message to everyone who says that Square Enix will never incorporate any characters other than disney or their own in Kingdom Hearts.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel foolish, but, how do you "Disney-only" people know? If Nomura one day gets the idea to do a KH game like that, he can go have an agreement with any company, and, as long as they agree, there could be a KH game that incorporates every single major fictional icon in the world.

And don't say "he said so," because people change their minds all the time.

Y

Yannis

This is just a message to everyone who says that Square Enix will never incorporate any characters other than disney or their own in Kingdom Hearts.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel foolish, but, how do you "Disney-only" people know? If Nomura one day gets the idea to do a KH game like that, he can go have an agreement with any company, and, as long as they agree, there could be a KH game that incorporates every single major fictional icon in the world.

I dont know what to say..

"Nightmare before Christmas" was not by Disney.. Im not sure about "Tron"..

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie K

Back in Business
^^^Yea, It's true. IMO I think Nomaru will stick with Disney and FF, but if he likes something non Disney, he may try it, or see what it would be like..Ya never know.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If Nomura one day gets the idea to do a KH game like that, he can go have an agreement with any company, and, as long as they agree, there could be a KH game that incorporates every single major fictional icon in the world.

You do realize he would probably never bother to do that. Way too much work, way too much time to get all the deals sealed.

In any case, it's not really up to what Nomura wants. Disney calls the shots, they have to get their permission for everything they do.

And eh, the whole point of KH is to have characters from SE and Disney interact, I don't see the need for other characters.

So, yes, that's why people say that.

Last edited:

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
BoomOfThe4thWall said:

Like Hades said Nomura isn't the overall boss of what companies can be apart of KH. That is up to Square and Disney. Besides what other companies do you want in KH?

Thraxe said:

Disney does own Tron but the Nightmare before Christmas I'm not sure how the legal stuff for it works I just know it's Tim Burton's same thing with Tarzan (I think).

Also how does this thread count as bannable?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Disney does own Tron but the Nightmare before Christmas I'm not sure how the legal stuff for it works I just know it's Tim Burton's same thing with Tarzan (I think).

Well, TNBC was distributed by Touchstone Pictures...which is owned by Disney, so it's far easier to get into the games. That, and Tim Burton and Selick are still alive, o_O.

UrbanQuattrus

This all depends on how much ownership Disney has on the various concepts of Kingdom Hearts... I know that Disney technically owns Sora, Riku, and Kairi, even though they are Nomura's creations. Does Disney own the keyblade? Ansem and Xehanort? Organization XIII? Gummi ships? The actual name "Kingdom Hearts"? I don't know these things myself, but however much they own would make Nomura's branching away all the more difficult. (Although I don't believe he would have much desire to in any case, I think he's happy working on Kingdom Hearts.)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'm pretty sure they own just about everything original in KH, including the nobody, keyblade, heartless, all the characters, and pretty much everything else excluding the FF characters.

BoomOfThe4thWall

Nah, I went to WDW this summer and asked two guys at One Man's Dream why Disney wouldn't make a KH attraction and they said that Disney didn't have any real ownership over anything -original in the game. All they get are the boatloads of cash the games make.

UrbanQuattrus

Well, there you go. I suppose Nomura could do "Keanu Hearts" and have Keanu Reeves reprise his roles from the Matrix, Point Break, Hardball, Something's Gotta Give, and so forth; but you wouldn't be able to wield a keyblade when fighting the endless swarms of Keanus.

Nah, I went to WDW this summer and asked two guys at One Man's Dream why Disney wouldn't make a KH attraction and they said that Disney didn't have any real ownership over anything -original in the game. All they get are the boatloads of cash the games make.

Two guys? Who were they, exactly? I wouldn't trust the guy running the ride to know what he was talking about...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Nah, I went to WDW this summer and asked two guys at One Man's Dream why Disney wouldn't make a KH attraction and they said that Disney didn't have any real ownership over anything -original in the game. All they get are the boatloads of cash the games make

Really, o_O? That seems to contradict just about everything I've heard on the subject...including this:http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6885/demyxandxemnasse9.jpg

Says copyrighted to Disney, and not SE, <.<. I feel a disturbance in the force.

...still, the question of WHY SE or Nomura would want anything else still stands.

Last edited:

BoomOfThe4thWall

I wouldn't trust the guy running the ride to know what he was talking about...

First of all, One Man's Dream is a walk-in museum of Disney's accomplishments over the years. Not a ride.

Second, these guys knew what they were talking about. They were also very experienced when it comes to games.

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days

Both Nightmare Before Christmas and Tron were Disney actually. But to reply to the topic, I'm sure hee could use other characters from other companies, but think about it: would you WANT him to??? Warner Bro. and Disney are total enemies so that probably wouldn't work. I don't know, it just wouldn't be right with Non-Disney and FF characters.

And if Nomura wanted to use another company, THEY would have to apporve his offer with a contrat or something.

UrbanQuattrus

First of all, One Man's Dream is a walk-in museum of Disney's accomplishments over the years. Not a ride.

Second, these guys knew what they were talking about. They were also very experienced when it comes to games.

I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to grill you, but I think a lot of us on this forum, myself included, are "very experienced" when it comes to video games. And we certainly can't say anything for certain. But I think there must be another way we can find out for certain who owns what; I intend to look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back