• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Prince's Decision

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Not bad; it lacks a lot of depth, though, but other than that it looks pretty good.
You should try drawing a few of the Corrupted.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
To be frank, it just seems flat, as though the Prince and Elika were paper cut-outs on a flat backdrop.
And aside from the tendrils of corruption, I wouldn't consider the Corrupted too difficult to draw, except for the Alchemist, I suppose.
I would start with the Concubine; she seems to have the most definite shape of the four.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Sorry, I don't have the slightest idea; art isn't my strongest point. I suggest asking some of the more frequent posters in this forum, like ProperArtist. He knows what he's doing.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
^That would do it.

In order to make it less flat, you need to add shadows like..everywhere. Right now the lighting is very flat. Determine a point from the light to come from and go from there. Once you've added some shading and modeling, like really strong shading and modeling, you'll be good. You want a full range too, the darkest darks to the lightest lights, right now it's all about midtones.

Other is good though, although the Prince's face seems a little...odd for the expression, is he supposed to be sad? He looks angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back