• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Life Cafe - A gathering for the RENTheads of KHI!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
RENTheads of KHI Gather!

Brought to you by the Muffin Soldiers

You've clicked the thread! This means you must be a fellow RENThead! Whether you're a Collins, a Maureen, or even a Benny, you're welcome here! It's time for the Rentheads of KHI to unite! We've been living amongst each other quietly for too long!​
We're all Rentheads, and we'll be a Life Cafe when you're feeling happy, we'll be your Life Support when you're upset. Rentheads should stick together!

It doesn't matter if you haven't seen the Broadway! Most of us, including the Muffin Soldiers, haven't been so lucky!

Heck, even if you just like the music, you qualify! =D

Rules, yeah, even the Collins and Maureens of the group must obey.
  1. All of KHI's rules obviously apply.​
  2. If you believe you're an Angel, keep it to yourself. We hardcore fans believe that Angel was too great to be duplicated, and that if you think you're an Angel, you're not.​
  3. Be considerate of the feelings of others. What would Angel do?​
  4. No adult conversation topics. We dun wanna hear it.​
  5. No thinking Daphne Rubin Vega was better than Rosari- ahem. I mean, no slamming Rosario Dawson or Tracie Thoms. If you do, flaming will occur.​

BIGGEST RULE: NO DISCRIMINATION BASED ON RELIGION/SEXUAL PREFERENCES/RACE/ANYTHING ELSE. Any Comments such as, "That's Gay" are strictly prohibited, and will result in an automatic Open Flame.

I think that's about it, but this section will be edited if need be.

Members:

Katattack *
Thelonepickle *
Kaze_Krazy *
Guardianofhearts *
Sterling_Silver
Cloud_Unchained, whether he likes it or not
Sorasangel1292
Sora_HeroofLight

That's it for now!

* = Council Member. Yes, I already chose some, if you don't like it, you can leave. You will be asked to be a council member. You don't ask.

Vital Info!

Thelonepickle: Our Council's Maureen. That means a temper. Beware.
GuardianofHearts: Our Council's Mark. Respect, dude.
Kaze_Krazy: Our Council's Mimi. Will claim any Bishies as her's. Challenge at your own peril.
Katattack: The Council's Collins! Usually easy going, but I won't be hesitant to open up a can if you get out of line! >=D

Discipline strategy:

First offense: A warning.
Second offense: Flaming is now open.
Third offense: Banned. From this thread, not from the site. I dun wield that power, yo.

RENThead Art:

This section will be dedicated to the Art of us Rentheads! =D When I'm not lazy I'll post all the stuff we Muffin Soldiers have made, and then you can send in your own stuff!

Competitions:

We will hold competitions regarding sigs, avatars, poems, and anything else you're talented at, as long as it applies to the theme! We'll tell the themes as these competitions approach! Themes will usually revolve around a certain character, scene, song, pairing, etc.

I think that's enough for now, you crazy kids! Feel free to suggest any additions!

Note: Thelonepickle and Katattack will be taking a short vacation and will be back next Sunday. Until then, Kaze_krazy and Guardianofhearts are supreme dictators.​

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Friggin' sweet! It's up!

Chips anyone? ;D

>.> You forgot teh rule: WWAD!

Awesome. CHRISTMAS BELLS!

Marky's singin' his face off. :D

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Aw, man. Pickle got first post. D:

Finally, a gathering for those who have seen the Rent-filled light. <333

... -practices howling-

-and clings to life-size cardboard cutout of Roger-

:D

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
=O

Hooray, a RENT sanctuary!

-blasts Without You from speakers-

Joanne is angry because her brother went to see RENT on Broadway, and didn't take her! D:<

Katattack

>.O I've been gone for a week and there's only one page.

I pity the uncultured users of KHI. -.-

that's over. Time for shameless bumpage.

*Updates member list* Yer on it, even if j00 don't obsess. Posting on this thread is a deathtrap of membership!

>=D

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Chips anyone?

Speaking of which, I require pickle chips, Kat.

And I got two new pairs of drumsticks! <3

I need to buy a cowbell and a pickle tub. ._. Then I can pwn every percussion solo in Rent.

>.>; Playing it on my actual drums doesh not work.

Anyway, we'll get more members soon. You'll see, Kats!

:3

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Never seen Rent, I'm sorry to say. Anyone wanna convince me to renounce my blasphemous ignorance?

Really, can the movie be that good? I mean, I've heard people talk like that about Clash of the Titans, so why is Rent any better?

~Fenris Etheral

Katattack

It's a movie that celebrates life and love, Fenneh. It's about emotional conflict, not just the whole Action Movie deal.

But, you'd have to see it to know it. Not many guys like it.... that I know of, anyway.

Still, I wish you'd see it. I think a smart guy like you'd be able to see why it means so much to people.

I'm sure you could find a character to relate to, also.

Just don't form any opinions before you see it. A lot of people aren't okay with the lead characters not all being straight.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
1. Storyline. Eight Bohemians (if you can count Benny >.>) struggling with the AIDS epidemic in NYC, years 1989-1990. It's really, though, a story about love and acceptance, forgiveness, and making the best of every day.
2. The message: No Day But Today. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss... Stuff like that.
3. The music. It pwns so bad. The lyrics are awesome, the beats, the drum solos, the voices, and just everything.
4. The characters are realistic, and you can relate to them very easily.
5. The music.
6. The music.
7. Wilson Jermaine Heredia.
8-15. Wilson Jermaine Heredia.
16. The story behind it. Jonathon Larson's story. How RENT came to be is just this huge, epic story. So many elements in RENT came from his life, and all are true. He died after seeing the last dress rehearsal (think I spelled that wrong), and he never got to see his baby turn into the success it is now.
17. Wilson Jermaine Heredia.

There. o.o YOU HAVE TO LIVE RENT! LIVE LA VIE BOHEME! I saw the movie, then I had to learn everything about it that I could. The story of Jonathon Larson and RENT is so beautiful and tragic. It's the best musical ever, in my opinion. It's so wonderous.

Oh, yeah. There's one condition. You have to open your mind if you want to absorb it. Homophobes and haters won't dig this story.

And, there's the music.

And Wilson Jermaine Heredia.

So, in short, learn everything you can about Rent. :3

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
So, it's more or less a more routine day to day interpretation of Les Miserables, without all the Jean Val Jean and whatnot? That actually sounds pretty good, not that I'd doubt your opinions or anything, of course o.o.

Alright, I'm technically still a muffin soldier, right? Under that premesis, I'll stop by blockbusters tomorrow and pick it up, I'm not one to skip out on obligations, you know.

And, yes Pickle, I swear to keep my mind open and alert from start to end, and I shall discard every shred of prejudice in my soul.

Save me a spot here, would you, Katattack?

~Fenris Etheral

Katattack

Yesh, Fenneh, j00 are a muffin soldier, and j00 will always have a place here.

And even if you hate the movie, we'll force you to join.

That's how much we all care for you.

=D

Oh, and it's actually a modernized La Boheme. You know, Puccini's play?

Anyway, it won heaps of awards. If everyone could see it, the world might actually have an open mind.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Fenris Etheral said:
So, it's more or less a more routine day to day interpretation of Les Miserables, without all the Jean Val Jean and whatnot? That actually sounds pretty good, not that I'd doubt your opinions or anything, of course o.o.

Alright, I'm technically still a muffin soldier, right? Under that premesis, I'll stop by blockbusters tomorrow and pick it up, I'm not one to skip out on obligations, you know.

And, yes Pickle, I swear to keep my mind open and alert from start to end, and I shall discard every shred of prejudice in my soul.

Save me a spot here, would you, Katattack?

~Fenris Etheral

:D GUD CHILD! -gives many bonus points-

._. I luff it. Yeah, Puccinniininiufiudo's (Obviously, I'm self-concious about spelling today) opera, "La Boheme." It's a modern day adaptation.

TB becomes AIDS...
Rodolfo -> Roger
Marcello -> Mark
Musetta -> Maureen
Schunard -> Angel Dumott Schunard
Colline -> Tom "Collins" ...Collins.
Mimi -> Mimi

...But I don't remember the other two names. That transformed into Benny and Joanne. ._. Sorruh. XD

.0. I luff Rent.

Mimidrawing.gif

^All by MOUSE! D: I heb too much time on mah hands. >.>;

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Ho hum.

I've finished teh Non-Drag-Form of Angel, and one of Mark, but I heb a lot to do after that. D:

Still, I like them. Even though you can't top perfection. :D

RENT PWNS SO MUCH! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back