• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Let me help you in Japanese" thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

文偉立

newb programmer
Eclipse said:
Really? wow i didn't know that, thanks!

so when i said "ki-bo-do" it was really kiiboodoo. right? Wouldn't you just write the "i" and "o" characters, or is the "ー" just another way to do it? ^_^

Don't question the rules. They just exist. Only in hiragana does vowel extention have the kana proceeding.

E

Eclipse

アクラ said:
Don't question the rules. They just exist. Only in hiragana does vowel extention have the kana proceeding.

uhh.......you just confused me...so the - in katakana means vowel extension like adds an extra "a" "i" "u" "e" or "o"?

like i put カ and i wanted to make it "kaa"....i would put that little "-" thing? o__o

文偉立

newb programmer
かあ <-- あ is added to the hiragana "ka". It is appropriate to use hiragana if by using native words [don't EVER use the word "native" in Japanese, btw. It's somewhat considered racist]

カー is also (kaa) but only used for foreign words. I suppose this rule is enforced to make katakana look less bulky.

E

Eclipse

アクラ said:
かあ <-- あ is added to the hiragana "ka". It is appropriate to use hiragana if by using native words [don't EVER use the word "native" in Japanese, btw. It's somewhat considered racist]

カー is also (kaa) but only used for foreign words. I suppose this rule is enforced to make katakana look less bulky.

ahh...i see. if i wanted to make a word like kaaaaaaa (let's just say it exists) in hiragana i would say かああああああああああ and in katakana it would be カーーーーーーーーーー

ok that makes sense ^_^

文偉立

newb programmer
Eclipse said:
ahh...i see. if i wanted to make a word like kaaaaaaa (let's just say it exists) in hiragana i would say かああああああああああ and in katakana it would be カーーーーーーーーーー

ok that makes sense ^_^

Ahah, that's a strange sight. But to clarify, don't you find it awkward when you see: "あああ!" tiled when you peek into a manga? It's "Ahhh!" in a sense. If you read "certain manga", you should see it even more. xD

E

Eclipse

アクラ said:
Ahah, that's a strange sight. But to clarify, don't you find it awkward when you see: "あああ!" tiled when you peek into a manga? It's "Ahhh!" in a sense. If you read "certain manga", you should see it even more. xD

lol yes i've seen it before. I own the game Jump Superstars and it's full of that xD mostly "ha ha ha!!" and "aaaaa!!" xD

文偉立

newb programmer
Any further discussions or lessons from Japanese, please post them. I'll attend to them whenever I can. I'm starting a new semester of Japanese in a week or two and I officially return to school not too far from now. Never thought for a moment the instructor could be a student, eh? I'll leave the dillusional thoughts to you. Enjoy.

D

Deleted member 5341

I'm Japanese, i'm here to help... :D
One thing to say (to anyone learning the language) don't make it harder than it is. Once you have the language down, the pronunciation isn't incredibly difficult.

文偉立

newb programmer
ただいま (well, just to post one thing)

I hardly leave for one day and this is what I get?

AngelicPaopuHart said:
I'm Japanese, i'm here to help... :D
One thing to say (to anyone learning the language) don't make it harder than it is. Once you have the language down, the pronunciation isn't incredibly difficult.

Says the one who uses generic food choice as thier location with a generic "戴きます" and implying that pronunciation really emasculates the fluency of japanese. First of all, pronunciation was never difficult and it never has anything that associates with the Japanese fluency. How many times can you say "利用できない今そう喜ばす許可をあなたの名前し,数および私は電話する" without flinching? You can be here to help. It's another thing to lie.

===

Ahah, don't mind my presence. My I.E. is set to open the forums automatically. I'm supposed to be researching the long-term effects of the Watergate Scandal on America but, here I am, making a post worth a thousand. I will be asking someone to close this thread for the moment. Since I won't be here, I'm actually a tad scared to see things I shouldn't. For any guidance on the language, PMs exist for a reason. Just nothing slanderish or exertively long. I'm still only human.

With that said, 夏を楽しみなさい (enjoy your summer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back