• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The King`s Speech

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I saw it a few weeks ago; an absolutely wonderful film. Loved it to death and it was easily my favorite film that I've seen Geoffrey Rush in. ^_^

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
the plot is pretty old, but really the entire movie is conventional; it's very similar to Good Will Hunting. however, it's executed very well. movies involving interpersonal conflicts between characters are so much more exciting and interesting than good guy/bad guy movies. in addition, there were some artistic choices the director made that really paid off, in my opinion. they were very wise to keep a boundary on the comedy; it has purpose this way, and doesn't seem out of place. geofferey rush definitely made the movie, and I don't mean that to shortchange colin firth or hbc because they were both straight shooters.

the final scene was the best moment, as it should be. it tied everything together, in a discharge of tension: the performances, the defeat of bertie's personal demons, the classical score, the room itself, the dark microphone.

It should be noted that this movie was given the crime of an R rating for swearing. This movie is perfectly fine for teenagers, and the swearing actually has purpose.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
My thoughts exactly Eggzy. As I was watching the movie I couldn`t help but put myself in Bertie`s shoes I don`t know why but I find myself drawn to his problem over the course of the entire movie. It most likely was due to the excellent acting and directing. I hope to see more movies like this in the future. This is probably going to be my first dvd I will get this year.

minimoco

Website
www.swinub.tumblr.com
I loved how they managed to fit the comedy in really well, without it seeming like random tries to be funny. Probably one of the best movies I've seen lately.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Brilliant film.
Just finished watching it, it deserves all the praise it gets.

Geoffrey Rush was fantastic in it.

Well everyone was, but Rush especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back