• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

the keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome Ansem

people seem to have contrasting views about what a keyblade is. There are two main views I've been noticing in these forums and I think it is the source of why people are disagreeing about different kinds of keyblades and the keychains and such. Here are the views I'm taliking about.

1.The keyblade is a great ethereal blade that holds unlimited power and was probably not created by man. That only keyblades with keychains are actual keyblades filled with mysterious powers. Only people with qualified hearts can weild such a great blade, and the knights' keblade aren't true keyblades, but rather just a blade that was shaped to look like a keyblade (although the knights can use real keyblades). Ven's keyblade broke because it wasn't a keyblade, but a piece of metal shaped like a key. People probably had keyblades way way in the past, and it is believed that massive wars, chaos, and salvation took place.

2. The keyblade is a blade shaped like a key, probably made by man. The keychains just power up the keyblades, and regular blades that are shaped like keys are also keyblades. It is believed that the knights might be among the first people to use keyblades, and maybe they even created the keyblade. The knights fighting the uem is the one and only keyblade war to have taken place so far. Every time you hear someone talk about keyblade wars or legends of the keyblade, you think of the knights. The knights' keyblade are real keyblades, and probably don't have keychains because they are just old versions of the keyblade. Ven's keblade was only broken because it was frozen.

Has anyone else been seeing these two sides of the argument? Which side do you believe is true?

(I believe view #1 because it makes more sense to me.)
(I was going to make the name of this thread more original, but I forgot about it by the time I was done typing.)

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
personally, i believe view 2. look at the unlocker keyblade. yes, i know it was artificial, but it was still a keyblade. it didn't have a chain. i believe that although the knights didn't create the keyblade, i believe the ones they were using were very primitive(to us) since they didn't have a keychain.

Chosenoneknuckles

I believe that they were crafted by man (the Knights, Chasers, whatever) and then magically enchanted by another as yet unseen group (having joined with the previous in light of the upcoming wars), with the ability to change its form and abilities by giving it a unique keychain.

The Kingdom Keyblade to me is its default and first form, with the rest being made later on through various means.

The 'Heart Unlocker' Keyblade may have been the first artifical one made in recent history, but I no doubt believe that it may have happened before, maybe even with a person's own heart as the magical base...

The Keyblade War took place in the ancient past and so they were using the first primative forms of the Keyblade, which would explian why they are so fragile and easy to break in the Secret Movie(s).

V

VideoGameFreak62

I know I'm a newbie that's never posted before (my name's Vince by the way) but I've been checking in on the site for a while and never really had anything to say on the forums 'til now. I just wanted to throw my two cents in on this Keyblade topic, 'cause I have a theory that I've never seen posted here before (though maybe I just haven't seen it... I've never really taken an in-depth look at the forums before ^_^;) Anyways, I tend to agree with theory #1 except for the fact that the Knights' Keyblades aren't real. I believe that the Knights' Keyblades are what the different Keyblades would look like if you simply didn't attach a keychain. I mean, who ever said that a keychain had to be attached to a Keyblade? If you think about it, physically there has to be some point in time when there's no keychain attached (i.e., when you're taking one off to put a different one on).

As for Ven's Keyblade breaking, I agree with theory 2 in that sense, and think it broke simply because it was frozen.

Anyways, that's all I have to say,that's just my theory. Though there's something else I've always wondered about... What would happen if you put more than one keychain on the Keyblade? Would it like, form a fusion Keyblade or something?

'Cause, y'know, that'd be pretty cool. ^_^

skyhart

I kinda agree with view #2
The knights weapons are keyblades
A keyblade doesnt have to have a chain for it to be called a keyblade
I think the reason the Knights' keyblades dont have keychains is because they could be one of the original keyblades as in the earlier keyblades
Also if a person were to creat a weapon it could at no time be called a keyblade because a keyblade is a weapon of origin as in it was born not exactly created and im sure of this because all keyblades "choose" their wielders and not the other way around so a artificial weapon couldnt possibly choose a wielder
If you want me to allaborate more just PM me

Apollo

Silver Member
I like #1 but #2 sounds true with the ven frozen blade thing!

Awesome Ansem

Though there's something else I've always wondered about... What would happen if you put more than one keychain on the Keyblade? Would it like, form a fusion Keyblade or something?

'Cause, y'know, that'd be pretty cool. ^_^

I've always wondered that too. Maybe it would just make two keblades. Like, maybe if you put oblivion keychain onto oathkeeper maybe oblivion would just appear in your other hand. maybe not.

which brings up another question: sora has his own keyblade right? (only one) so when sora, or roxas, are duel-weilding, does he have the same keyblade in two hands***? or does he magically make an entirely different keyblade appear from out of nowhere?

***example: roxas's keyblade takes the form of both oblivion and oathkeeper at the same time, but its still his one keyblade. (that's not a fact, just trying to make it clearer what I'm trying to say)

The Endless

I believe with the part of the 2 one that says the keyblade was made by man ,but as for the rest I believe in the 1 theory. Also I just wanted to add that I believe that all keyblades except for a few are made and are from light.

bladed asassin

i think view 1 more cuz i don't feel a keyblade is or made by man... riku's keyblade in kh was made by the princesses hearts..trapped within which made a keyblade... and if u didn't need such a strong heart to wield a keyblade or a pure one then how come certain people can't... and with the knights not having keychains... the EUM did... but why idk... but every other keyblade but his didn't have one... the UEM thoe could split into 2 soo maybe he could put part of himself to the keyblade to boost the power...and all a keychain is, is somone giving part of there heart as power to use... and its use a keychain...

Awesome Ansem

I kinda agree with view #2
The knights weapons are keyblades
A keyblade doesnt have to have a chain for it to be called a keyblade
I think the reason the Knights' keyblades dont have keychains is because they could be one of the original keyblades as in the earlier keyblades
Also if a person were to creat a weapon it could at no time be called a keyblade because a keyblade is a weapon of origin as in it was born not exactly created and im sure of this because all keyblades "choose" their wielders and not the other way around so a artificial weapon couldnt possibly choose a wielder
If you want me to allaborate more just PM me

the bolded part makes it sound like you agree with #1. saying that a keyblade is born rather than made is way more likely with theory #1.

Awesome Ansem

I think in my head I just proved that the keyblade can't be made by man. first of all, the keyblade seems to have consciousness because it was able to "choose" sora. secondly, not everyone can even use a keyblade. If it was a weapon made by man, then anyone could use it, like a sword. Third, it has the power to unlock anything, and maybe some othre powers. I find it very hard to believe that anyone could make a weapon with such powers. There might be more reasons, but three is enough for me.

(sorry for double posting, by the way)

pgerv12

i'd say #1 but i believe the knights had the real keyblades even with out keychains. You see the different keyblades could change into keychains and transfer there power on to a different key like the kingdom thats y i think it changes b/c the keys were transformed into keychains and so when u put one on it changes to the style of the keychain

skyhart

I think in my head I just proved that the keyblade can't be made by man. first of all, the keyblade seems to have consciousness because it was able to "choose" sora. secondly, not everyone can even use a keyblade. If it was a weapon made by man, then anyone could use it, like a sword. Third, it has the power to unlock anything, and maybe some othre powers. I find it very hard to believe that anyone could make a weapon with such powers. There might be more reasons, but three is enough for me.

I already stated that the keyblade has the ability to choose its wielder in my last post
But anyways First off technically the keyblade of doors from the realm of light didnt necessarily choose sora as its "chosen wielder" it chose Riku as its wielder but since he was shrouded within darkness the keyblade couldnt reach him so chose sora not as a wielder exactly but more of a transporter but as time passed sora's heart became overpowering and in the end the keyblade of doors from the realm of light chose sora as its wielder
I'm positive about this I can further explain if you want me to just PM me

Also about the three reasons i kinda agree with those except with the part of unlocking anything
The keyblade cant really unlock everything exactly

Oh yeah i almost forgot about the two keyblade thing
Every keyblade has the ability to separate into two different keyblades one in each hand
Im not exactly sure if it halves the powers of it though but im sure of the separation thing

Last edited:
V

V.A.T.13

I agree parts of #1 and #2 and have a lil of my own.

I think that some keyblades are created by man (like the heart un-locker thing) and others are created from either people's hearts or directly from Kingdom Hearts. I also think that keyblades are living things with a heart, body, and soul, and maybe, the keyblades we see in the SE are missing one of these things, making them dead or weaker.

Smallz

Website
www.myspace.com
But hey, if keychains are so strong, why didnt the knights use those ones then? In the first trailor, we plainly see them picking up the kingdom and others, so why didnt they use THOSE keyblades against him? Unless that one was in the future, which I doubt since those keyblades already belong to Riku Sora and Mickey. And i dont think the Chasers from the 1st trailor are different from the second, since I doubt Sora Riku and Kairi are the Chasers from the normal ending.

bladed asassin

as i stated earlier... i think that a keychain is somone giving part of there heart to somone else and that power transfers to the keyblade as a keychain... riku's keyblade in kh was made by the princesess of heart... there power created one... and EMU maybe could of made one cuz he could split into 2..soo maybe he can split his heart 2 ..idk...thats my opinion

skyhart

None of the keyblades were man-made because if they were then they wouldnt be called a keyblade more that of a sword
Also the keyblade of hearts was indeed artificial but its technically not man-made because it was formed from i think 6 of the princesses hearts (im not sure i think it might be 5 i cant remember)
And im not so sure about that heart transfering its power into a keychain thing, could you allaborate

Phantom Freak

I agree with number one, but I think the Knights were using actual Keyblades, and the fight with the UEM is the actual Keyblade war (or at least a portion of it, more like one battle in the war). I also think Vens Keyblade was real, but it broke because it was frozen. But some people have speculated that ven is connected to Sora and Roxas, and that is why they can wield Keblades. If Xehanort is connected to Terra like many people claim, then why couldn't he and Xemnas wield Keyblades? Could the Keyblade have chosen Terra and then changed it's mind when his eyes turned yellow?
I'm also sure that the Keyblade was created by some force other than man, but it's a mystery whether this force is good, evil, or something different. It's clearly stated the Keyblade can be good or bad, bring peace or chaos, and be wielded by someone good or evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back