• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Keyblade War:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waves_Blade

"But darkness did cover the world once, in legend. We know so little about the Keyblade War--- Only that it was just the beginning. Amidst that crisis, a precious light was found.

It is a curious tale, and one worth exploring...

They say ruin brings about creation, so what then would another Keyblade War bring?
When the darkness falls, will we be found worth of the precious light the legends speak of?

I must have these answers!"

-Master Xehanort

The Keyblade War is a thing of fascination to me in the Kingdom Hearts universe ever since I hear MX utter the above quote.

What we Know
:

(1)

From Xehanort report #4: "The Keyblade wielders' great war over Kingdom Hearts was fought by defenders of the light, servants of darkness, those who sought to reconcile the two, and those motivated by nothing more than lust for power. A whole spectrum of thought was swept into the conflict, and the worlds that did not go to war found the war brought to them."

So arguably 4 primary "forces" + the probably individual forces any specific "world" would have trying to defend themselves.

-Light
-Dark
-Neutral *peacekeepers* (Light and Dark possibly)
-Chaotic neutral power mongers? (Light and Dark possibly, probably mostly dark)

(2)

As the report mentions, the war was fricken MASSIVE, it could be said it might have drawn the entire KH universe into the war.

(3)

The war formed the Kingdom Hearts universe we have today (fragmented split worlds seperated from one another).

(4)

From Xehanort Report #6: "The third type of key, the Keyblade of heart, came into existence when the World was reorganized after the Keyblade War."

So Keyblade(s) of Heart didn't exist before the conclusion of the Keyblade War.

(5) Since it was the goal of the entire war to form the Ki-Blade, from Xehanort Report #7: The χ-blade, however, coexists with Kingdom Hearts.

(I'll link back to this in the theory)

(6) According to Kairi's grandma, the world(s) (KH universe) was covered in darkness following the war's conclusion for a time before it began to "recover".

(7) The Keyblade War caused MASSIVE destruction. Evident in the KG and arguably in point #6 since the worlds were fragmented and split as a result.

(8+) Anything I might have missed that someone else later points out. :p

So, with this in mind I've been thinking about what might have happened in the war, or at least at/near its conclusion. I'll try to keep this as logical as possible without entering fanfiction mode (alright, maybe a little at the end, we do need an imagination for this after all). :p

Lets Start:

At the conclusion of the Keyblade War we know that the worlds were "severed" from one another and covered in darkness for a time.

We know that the Keyblade is a weapon capable of causing tremendous damage.

Yet, I have a hard time believing that Keyblade(s) alone were capable of shattering the KH universe into what it is today. Which lead to me to mull it over and come up with an idea.

What might have happened:

I believe, shortly before the War's conclusion, that the goal of the Keyblade War was accomplished. Someone most likely forged the Ki-Blade.

Now back then before the Keyblade of Heart existed, and before Heartless were in-mass (well who knows, they may have been for all we know), the only way for Kingdom Hearts to appear was if the Ki-Blade was forged. Master Xehanort did say that "A Precious Light was found" which I take to mean Kingdom Hearts. Thus my reasoning for thinking that the Ki-Blade was forged.

The individual:

What was the affinity of the person who forged the Ki-Blade? Light, dark, neutral, or the power hungry folks?

Well, if it was a dark or power hungry individual, I think they would have just done what our current villans wanted to do, create a whole new world with it, which arguably isn't the case as to what happened. (You could take the shattered universe to be the next world, but that's a stretch IMO and who exactly would want that again?)

So this person was most likely light or neutral.

Next:

The age of this individual. KH seems to fancy younger protagonists, so lets say a teen/young adult (There is a point to this guess).

The Theory:

This young man or woman suddenly has the objective of the entire war in his or her hands, and the goal and prize, Kingdom Hearts, is floating up in the sky. This war has been raging for some time, it has caused such destruction, pain, suffering and horror on a colossal scale, and probably a personal one to, and for what? Just to summon Kingdom Hearts and gain power?

In this person's eyes, Kingdom Hearts is the source of all the pain and suffering that has happened, it's the single reason for the war.

As the Keyblade wielders separate into their own "factions" (The four areas of Keyblades separated by the crossroads in the Keyblade Graveyard) to await the action of the Ki-Blade wielder, the wielder gazes hatefully up at KH.

I believe that this person rose to meet Kingdom Hearts. However, rather than open it and use it's power, I think that the person instead tried to destroy the true Kingdom Hearts and struck it with the Ki-Blade.

Being a most likely young person who wasn't fully aware of what exactly Kingdom Hearts was, the Ki-Blade wielder probably had no idea that would happen and just wanted to end the war by taking Kingdom Hearts out of the picture.

That one event is the only way I could think of that could explain for the crazy universe wide severance and destruction at the end of the war between the worlds. The Ki-Blade *coexists with Kingdom Hearts*, implying that it might have comparable power, thus, it would actually be capable of damaging Kingdom Hearts.

Thus, when the heart of all worlds was damaged, the entire Kingdom Hearts universe suffered the consequences. It was drowned in darkness for a time before KH began to recover and the survivors began to repopulate.

Aaaand there you have it. A theory for the Keyblade War's conclusion based on some logic.

I couldn't possibly try to explain how exactly the war started without going into complete fanfic mode, since all we have to go on is that people got greedy over the "light", the inciting incident for the war is thus waaay beyond our grasp until we learn more of the war.

Make of it what you will.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
The World that originally existed was essentially Walt Disney World/Disney-Land. Everyone (ala fans) wanted to have the 1 Kingdom Hearts-themed Keyblade that was left in stock. Chaos ensued, factions were formed, and a great War for this Chi-Blade ensued, and in it's aftermath the (Walt Disney) World itself was split into many Worlds.​

On a more serious note, we might get glimpses of this conflict, but I highly doubt it. There's already enough stuff for DDD and KH III (if we're willing to wait for five more years, that is).

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Oh, go ahead and post to your heart's content; I'm not trying to be condescending, if that's what I sound like. Being a theory critic, I like to share my thoughts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back