• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony Explained

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

Dandelion Theory - Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony​

Through careful phrasing, Nomura has created two seemingly opposing truths for KH lore. One truth is that keyblades are the man made replicas of the X-Blade. Another truth is that the keyblades have a will of their own, and that they choose a master. The following is the whole truth; the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony allows keyblades to choose hearts in which a keyblade may be forged.

Let's go back to the beginning, The Master of Masters presumably obtained the X-Blade and studied it. After some time, he managed to reverse-engineer the thing and created the very first man-made replica of the X-Blade, a keyblade known as "No Name". After he created this keyblade, he was later able to pull keyblades from the hearts of the Foretellers, but how? He performed the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony on them of course, but what exactly is that? What does it do?

I present to you the Dandelion Theory which explains the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony. Using the dandelion as an analogy, we can see distinct stages in the life cycle of a keyblade (refer to the illustration above). First we have a worthy heart as noted by the crown (top), I believe that the crown symbolizes a "kingdom quality" or a connection to Kingdom Hearts and all the crowns we see in this series carry that same symbolism. I'm unofficially using these symbols to my own ends as illustrations, but it should be noted that Aqua and Terra were able to recognize worthy hearts at a glance and even see (in Aqua's case) that a heart had already undergone the ceremony. Therefore, I believe that worthy hearts have a certain "kingdom quality" that can be observed by both keyblades and keyblade wielders alike.

The second, third, and fourth stages (right, bottom, and left respectively) are interconnected and thus hard to discuss individually. After a worthy heart undergoes the ceremony, a seed is planted within that heart. As time passes, the heart nourishes that seed and it eventually blossoms as a flower - the complete keyblade. However that keyblade has yet to mature, it has yet to show the Mark of Mastery. The Mark of Mastery is a keyblade fully matured, a flower that may spread seeds of its own. This is the Dandelion Theory, that the Master of Masters forged keyblades in such a way that they self-replicate. Seeds are interesting because they store the biological data of their forebearers. Thus the heart uses the data found within a seed as a sort of blueprint to create a keyblade of its own.

---

The theory itself ends there, but going a step further let's look at the implications here.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
In this context it all makes sense. MoM gave the 5 leaders keyblades and the 5 leaders gave the unions keyblades. I don't know about the limit on spreading though, because they imply that there are as many keyblade wielders in the before times as there are players of UX. Though, I do think there was something said about the keyblades they wield just being copies of the main key (the union leader's) so maybe they're all fake keyblades? and the ones we see in the keyblade graveyard are from the strongest hearts that managed to make their own keyblades.

Awards
In this context it all makes sense. MoM gave the 5 leaders keyblades and the 5 leaders gave the unions keyblades. I don't know about the limit on spreading though, because they imply that there are as many keyblade wielders in the before times as there are players of UX. Though, I do think there was something said about the keyblades they wield just being copies of the main key (the union leader's) so maybe they're all fake keyblades? and the ones we see in the keyblade graveyard are from the strongest hearts that managed to make their own keyblades.

Perhaps the keyblades the union members wield are because the world is still full of Light and hasn't been shattered yet. In this case, anyone has access to a keyblade as a matter of course, they're just not THEIR keyblade. It's like... painting. Anyone can paint, but only those with talent, or else years of training, can paint them well. And even then, someone with talent will normally be better than someone who trained for years.

So basically, because they live in the realm of light, they have a natural ability to access a keyblade. When they lose that ability because they lose their light, they become Darklings.

And to expand on this a bit, after the realm of Light is shattered and darkness is born in people's hearts, they lose their natural ability to access the keyblade, which brings us neatly to this theory about kingdom quality hearts. Hearts that are closest in consistency to the hearts of those from the realm of Light can access the keyblade, and from that small pool come the hearts that are able to do more, like how the Foretellers were compared to the union members.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Perhaps the keyblades the union members wield are because the world is still full of Light and hasn't been shattered yet. In this case, anyone has access to a keyblade as a matter of course, they're just not THEIR keyblade. It's like... painting. Anyone can paint, but only those with talent, or else years of training, can paint them well. And even then, someone with talent will normally be better than someone who trained for years.

So basically, because they live in the realm of light, they have a natural ability to access a keyblade. When they lose that ability because they lose their light, they become Darklings.

And to expand on this a bit, after the realm of Light is shattered and darkness is born in people's hearts, they lose their natural ability to access the keyblade, which brings us neatly to this theory about kingdom quality hearts. Hearts that are closest in consistency to the hearts of those from the realm of Light can access the keyblade, and from that small pool come the hearts that are able to do more, like how the Foretellers were compared to the union members.

Yeah, that sounds like it makes the most sense, i wonder of Nomura will ever get the time to confirm. It'd be crazy if he found this theory and said that it was true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back