• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The importance of the Disney universes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlemmens10

Ever since the start of this series, I have been wondering one question: Why are the universes of Disney so important? Sure, Sora has been saving this worlds and all and met everybody's favorite Disney characters (which is great, 'cause it's nostalgic), but why is destiny bring exactly THESE universes together? Is there a bigger role for these universes than just getting saved by Sora and the gang?

That's something I'd like to speculate about and I'd like to know what you guys think.

Muke

whatever
Awards
There are no… universes exactly in KH. I think you're talking about the Disney worlds themselves..?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The Disney Universe is only one, and all Disney worlds belong to it.
And it's not really destiny, it's that they're kinda the only worlds that exist aside from the original ones. It's not that the Disney worlds were chosen rather than, say, the Naruto ones.

Muke

whatever
Awards
That’s not what he meant.

In Kingdom Hearts, thse are simply the worlds that exist. Nobody chose them above rather than any otber world. It’s just how things are.
The original worlds he’s referring to are for example Hollow Bastion, Land of departure, etc

tlemmens10

Yes, I mean how the ones without Disney characters learn of the ones with Disney characters. Or otherwise, considering Merlin moved from his world to Radiant Garden.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You're overthinking it. The worlds aren't separated by franchise, they simply exist together.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly, while it hasn't been explicitly stated as such, I've been leaning towards the idea that each "world" is actually a separate dimension/universe for a while now.

1. There are no less than 3 Londons in KH1: The Dalmatians' home world destroyed by heartless, the home of Jane & Clayton as mentioned by them on-screen, & the Clock Tower area in Neverland (also mentioned on-screen by Wendy). Maybe one could make the argument Jane & Clayton are from the same London that's in Neverland, but to reconcile the Dalmatians being from that London too when it's outright said their world was destroyed?

2. Similarly, DDD has 2 Frances, 1 of which is populated by talking animals & the other isn't.

3. All of the worlds used to be 1 big world originally. So then, uh, were aliens part of that 1 world too? Because we got aliens in KH already & boy howdy does Deep Space raise a lot of questions. Like Planet Turo is a part of the DS world. So is that an outright confirmation that planets & worlds are considered separate things? For that matter were there 3 Londons & 2 Frances in that 1 world as well?

4. According to Nomura (I think), worlds have their own laws of magic & death. & time moves at different rates in each world as well (stated in DDD). This makes more sense if each world was its own reality rather than all of them sharing a single reality.

On general principal there should theoretically be such a thing as Disney films that can't be included into the KH series because they don't mesh with established canon. But Square's never been 1 to let that get in the way of throwing in worlds willy-nilly. As such, the official explanation for the existence of Disney worlds doesn't really hold up well & is probably overdue a retcon or two.

tlemmens10

With rides being confirmed for KH III, I'm thinking, maybe there IS a world that they all lived in together, but maybe don't remember anymore. It's the same place as in real-life: DISNEYLAND!

Muke

whatever
Awards
No. It's true that there was one world where everyone lived together in peace, but that world doesn't really have a name yet. It for sure wasn't Disneyland though - just one big world.
Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived, in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It's the world we live in now.

D

Deleted member 246005

Basically the series was born out of a union of Square Enix and Disney so that's the real importance of Disney's inclusion. There is no real in story answer for why the Disney worlds exist because there doesn't need to be one.

Wildbullet

It's a bit simpler than that, and at the same time more complicated.

If you take the theory of a pure Disney time and a pure Square time, you can subscribe that some media are related to each other. There's a theory going around that the 14th century setting of Sleeping Beauty and 19th Century Little Mermaid are in the same world with Prince Eric being Aurora's descendant. The same holds true for Final Fantasy, in the case of Spira and Gaia, tied over by a precocious kid and a monopolistic overlord.

And then there's the whole idea of it all being a fairytale, which when classic Disney movies end, it's always a book closing showing the title. Which could be applicable for the BoP, essentially an analogue of a fairytale book, collating all the Disney Fairytales with some Square thrown in.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Honestly, while it hasn't been explicitly stated as such, I've been leaning towards the idea that each "world" is actually a separate dimension/universe for a while now.

1. There are no less than 3 Londons in KH1: The Dalmatians' home world destroyed by heartless, the home of Jane & Clayton as mentioned by them on-screen, & the Clock Tower area in Neverland (also mentioned on-screen by Wendy). Maybe one could make the argument Jane & Clayton are from the same London that's in Neverland, but to reconcile the Dalmatians being from that London too when it's outright said their world was destroyed?

2. Similarly, DDD has 2 Frances, 1 of which is populated by talking animals & the other isn't.

3. All of the worlds used to be 1 big world originally. So then, uh, were aliens part of that 1 world too? Because we got aliens in KH already & boy howdy does Deep Space raise a lot of questions. Like Planet Turo is a part of the DS world. So is that an outright confirmation that planets & worlds are considered separate things? For that matter were there 3 Londons & 2 Frances in that 1 world as well?

4. According to Nomura (I think), worlds have their own laws of magic & death. & time moves at different rates in each world as well (stated in DDD). This makes more sense if each world was its own reality rather than all of them sharing a single reality.

On general principal there should theoretically be such a thing as Disney films that can't be included into the KH series because they don't mesh with established canon. But Square's never been 1 to let that get in the way of throwing in worlds willy-nilly. As such, the official explanation for the existence of Disney worlds doesn't really hold up well & is probably overdue a retcon or two.

Regarding the multiple London's, maybe it has something to do with the world "saving" itself?

Jane/Clayton were visiting a part (Deep Jungle) of their world (that contained London) while the world was destroyed by darkness. Since Deep Jungle was so separate from anything else, the world was able to fragment itself and keep Deep Jungle alive, as its own world.

The Clock Tower that we visit in NeverLand is also a fragmented part of the world that was destroyed by darkness. That's why there is nothing else to that world. It would also explain why time seems to be frozen there (or just plain iffy in general), to the point that NeverLand could even exist.

While the world that contains the London of The Dalmatians was destroyed (their keyhole invaded by the heartless), these two other fragments of that very same world have keyholes. Is it because those fragments of that world grew their own hearts after being discarded? That would make sense, as all the "worlds" were one big world once with one big heart. Then it became fragmented and became other worlds, so why couldn't the same happen to the smaller worlds that came about from the very first (and only) world?

What was the other world in France? I know Hunchback, but what's the other one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back