• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Hype got to me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Who else thinks that the hype was too much? I mean the ending to BBS was mind-boggling, but I think it was too much off a hype. I don't know if it is because I didn't see it in english, but I thought the story was too one-sided. Sure it present new mysteries, but I just don't feel right about it anymore. Please don't reply if you don't want to share actual good opinion.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Hmmm if you got hyped up too much that your problem. I think the ending was well rounded and made you yearn for more.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Yeah, have to sympathise with you here. I think BbS feels kind of empty, so to say? Or maybe I'm having trouble connecting the dots. Good story, yeah, but it's like, extremely anti-climatic. Perhaps I'm just used to 10 stage battles with Xehanort cast-offs.

Didn't really understand why Vanitas needed to exist.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
Loke13: See, this is what I tried to aviod. It is all opinion people. I just don't like the KH series as much as I did.

Kleith

Seriously it doesn't feel empty at all, for me at least... it's a complete game, story wise and gameplay wise... It's pretty much what I expected from it.

I didn't really like the direction KH took. But it took, so if you accept the direction, I don't see why BBS is not that great.

I actually like it way better than KH 2 ! There is a more adventure like feeling, the characters are great, the story is more mature... Well I dunno, I nailed it.

Girl'e

Doesn't that happen to anyone who plays or watches it? You get the ending but you want more?

Girl'e

Yeah, have to sympathise with you here. I think BbS feels kind of empty, so to say? Or maybe I'm having trouble connecting the dots. Good story, yeah, but it's like, extremely anti-climatic. Perhaps I'm just used to 10 stage battles with Xehanort cast-offs.

Didn't really understand why Vanitas needed to exist.

Speaking of Vanitas, what the hell is he? "Darkness of Ven's heart" I keep hearing. So why the hell does he have a physical form and looks like the teen Sora for that matter?

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
I know.

All i said was you got to hyped for the game and then I stated my opinion.
Sorry, I was just so dissapointed at the outcome. And the graphics were another thing. I just hope this new mystery game can cheer me up. Or atleast the english dub of BBS.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Speaking of Vanitas, what the hell is he? "Darkness of Ven's heart" I keep hearing. So why the hell does he have a physical form and looks like the teen Sora for that matter?

Basically, MX stabbed Ven in the heart, released Ven's darkness, and Vanitas was born. From that, Ven became incomplete and said he felt something was missing. Sora was also an incomplete being (dunno why) but could connect his heart with anyone, so Ven asked Sora if he could connect their hearts together and Sora said yes. So basically, they completed one another, became one, intertwined. This is the most likely explanation for Vanitas' face. Perhaps Vanitas only gained a face after this connection.

Lelouch

My philosophy in games, movies, and life in general. Zero expectations and no disappointment. So far I'm not disappointed and I like what I seen thus far in BbS.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Vanitas seems really unneeded at this point, it seems like he's only there to throw us off. Everything I've seen so far has been beautiful. The gameplay has a good difficulty, and it looks like it doesn't consist of complete button mashing. Storyline looks fairly well-written and touching. But I agree, BBS is overhyped.
extremely anti-climatic
This.

Girl'e

Basically, MX stabbed Ven in the heart, released Ven's darkness, and Vanitas was born. From that, Ven became incomplete and said he felt something was missing. Sora was also an incomplete being (dunno why) but could connect his heart with anyone, so Ven asked Sora if he could connect their hearts together and Sora said yes. So basically, they completed one another, became one, intertwined. This is the most likely explanation for Vanitas' face. Perhaps Vanitas only gained a face after this connection.

Ah, okay. Thanks. But what category does that put him in then?

Oh god, Kingdom Hearts has no bounds.

Bicka

What's bothering me more than anything is that so far, what we've seen of the actual endings doesn't make much sense at all. It just strikes me as lazy for Nomura to tie up the most important plot threads in some secret ending, like an afterthought. Some of that could have been incorporated in the actual storyline. To shove it all into an ending that not everyone is going to see...feels like lazy story-telling.

Granted, I'm not terriby disappointed. Just a little irritated. It seems so far that a lot of crap is happening without there being a real explanation for it, but that could just be the lack of information out there. And BBS certainly is not disppointing me as much as Days did.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

But didn't the Sora/Ven convo happen after Ven fell asleep in the end?

(The whole game has my timeline messed up)

And would Vanitas shift into Sora's face? Even with the connection between Sora and Ven, Ven's darkness was still his own. And why was Eraqus so bent on killing Ven?

Well I don't feel overhyped..I feel like that "mysterious and magical" feel of Kingdom Hearts is gone. Kingdom Hearts 1 and CoM gave me that mystified feeling every time I played it...Then KH2 came and the feeling wasn't there anymore.

I can empathize with you, but I can't sympathize since BBS made the feeling that was missing from KH2 and 358/2 Days return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back