• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Heart of All Worlds: Bringer of Ruin [ch. 1]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balhemiuth

A world within seperate destroyed but continues to
Id just like to try my hand at fan fiction. This is a work in progress based on the Kingdom hearts series, one at which i aim to complete if i'm motivated enough by readers. The title is tentative but i thought about it and it seems to fit with what ill eventually reveal. The story is based far into the future of the series. How far will be revealed eventually but i didn't want to have much tie in to the main series storyline, though there may be reoccurring characters. I tried to build off of it and create a unique storyline in the future kingdom hearts universe.

Id love to have any critiques so feel free! and now i begin:

“Impossible, the power cannot manifest so far out in the void. There’s nothing out there but empty space, and darkness.”

A shadowy face looks upon a glowing monitor screen illuminating a large chamber filled with similar figures cloaked in shadows. Monitors emitt light around a table as a veiled face appearing to be a man ran a hand through his long hair, pondering the data that appeared before him.

“But surely it is a fact we cannot disregard, it has been months since the power has surfaced. We are running short of time.” A shadowed old man replied.

“He is right; our forces must be garnered for the impending attack. Any such occurrence cannot be overlooked.” This time a young woman had responded. “If we do not act quickly it could be too late, the darkness is closing in…”

The next figure was a muscular man who stood commanding attention as he spoke in a powerful voice. “We must send out a small task force to investigate. This just could be what we have all be waiting for.”

Ch. 1 5 days

It’s a bustling city day, sky cloudy blue as always, cars rushing through the streets, sirens whirring and trains clattering along a railway. A boy slept with his head along an apartment windowsill. His light skin gave off a certain sheen against the lazy sunlight that suddenly crept through the gloominess of the clouds. The teenage boy slept peacefully, blissfully unaware of the five year old girl that crept up behind him; having snuck into the messy room from the doorway. She held in her small hands a teddy bear she never let go of. A teddy bear she named Softie, which now hurtled through the air and smacked the sleeping boys head with surprising force. “Wake up!”

The boy gave a small yell in surprise as he was suddenly launched from his dream world. It was a peaceful dream he was having, the same dream he’d been having ever since he was fourteen and now he would be nineteen in a few months. The teenage boy turned groggily to his little sister rubbing his spikey black styled hair. “Ah! Whats in that thing! I know you've been putting bricks inside! But never mind that, what time…!!”

The boy had turned mid sentence to look at a clock next to his bed which read 11:00 a.m. and what happened to his face as it drooped in frightened shock and horror made his little sister snicker into her teddy bear. “Oh god! im an hour late! My friends are gonna kill me!!”

In a flash he picked up his sister who instantly turned ferocious, she hated being picked up, but he had not the time nor patience to deal with her attitude. He ran her out of the room before she could swing ‘Softie’ at him again. He left her in the hall and dodged a swing of the bear before rushing into the room and closing his door. Quickly throwing on some clothes, he then grabbed a weapon he used to play with his friends, a trusty wooden bokken with white tape around the grip. It had seen much use but that just added to its sentimentality. He wore a green button up shirt he liked to tie around his waist and a black shirt. He also wore grey pants with decorated black shoes that matched his shirts style. The boy took a great leap from the window as he jumped across the alleyway and landed on and adjacent metal walkway with a heavy rattle, absorbing the shock into his legs. He then turned and catapulted over the side and to the ground below; landing on an abandoned mattress that cushioned his fall. He bounced on the bed a few times before climbing quickly to his feet and sprinting out to the streets.

The boy could then be seen running out into a bustling New York like city of futuristic machinery out of some sci fi movie. He was running towards a location only he and a few others new about. People crowded the walkways and trollies drove in the streets as well as in the air as he expertly maneuvered the bustle of the neighborhood. The view of the boy then panned upward showing the horizon of a massive beautiful city full of skyscrapers flying vehicles and ships that could only be described as, Metropolica.
-.- -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
The boy ran around a corner and through the alleyways of the bustling metropolis. Cars and people walked about their lives on the streets as he passed through a complex network of interconnected passageways to his destination. He hadn’t been running long until he came across a small open field covered sparsely with grass, flowers, junk, and mostly abandoned technological equipment. It was about the size of two normal size rooms shoved into a single space in between buildings, and its location amongst the maze of alleyways made it extremely difficult to discover. It was their old hangout, a place they called Ground Zero. It could very well be one of the extremely rare occurances of actual earth in the entire metropolis. Waiting around talking within this small haven were 3 teenage kids; two of which were girls and one guy.

“Hey guys, sorry I…whoah!” came the startled reply of the light skinned boy as a wooden blade was suddenly hurled at him by one of the girls. He had barely enough time to bring up his bokken to block the hurled weapon. It bounced off of his wooden sword with a loud clack and flipped into the air. The girl who threw it then somersaulted through the air, caught the blade and slashed around the boys guard; bringing the heavy blow across his torso as she slid passed him in a masterful stance. Mocking the sheathing of a sword, the girl slid the wooden blade into its invisible sheath slowly before finishing the sheath in her left hand. The boy cried out in pain as a result and fell to the ground defeated.

“Ahj, your late.” The girl said impatiently as she stood from her stance and looked back at him while he struggled into an upright position. “Rinoa I tried to apologize! ” Ahj jsaid as he stood wiping dirt from his cloths and rubbing his chest that received the blow. Rinoa stood at the same height as Ahj and was very attractive. Only that she was a very cunning and mature teenager. She had been training with the blade almost since she was born and was a prodigy at everything she did, if anything could be called perfection it was her. She was nicely curved as well with blue spikey har kept in a ponytail and a schoolgirls outfit. She had just gotten out of class to come here, as it always was the case. She studied at a private school due to how smart she was and hardly had time off; so whenever they all saw her she wore her school clothes. The clothes resembled schoolgirl clothes but with a spikier designed miniskirt that was colored black and had a white trim.

The other boy who was busy at a computer terminal spoke without his eyes leaving the screen. “Its been over an hour Ahj, we almost started without you man. What were you doing?” The other girl chipped in.“Yeah, pookies getting hungry” The girl said petting a baby three tailed fox on her shoulder. The guy whore navy blue clothes and his oversized lab coat. It was his fathers and it was slightly longer than his arms so it gave him a ghostly or enigmatic like appearance. The girl could pass for any normal girl besides the fact that her eyes changed color when she got excited and the way she dressed. She wore an orange sundress that was decorated with swirls of yellow and orange flipflops. The sides of her dress had been cut to give her legs full flexibility. One was a little nerdy and the other a little eccentric but they were loved nonetheless.

The boy named Ahj scratched his head apologetically. “Ah, im sorry guys I guess I overslelpt a bit…heh heh.” Ahj said attempting to explain but shut up as he was hit by three simultaneous bloodlusts. “Any way, now that Ahj is here I can start explaining. “ As you all know…Reunion, will be starting 5 days from now. It is in these 5 days that I want to reform our gang and take back what was ours.” Ahj, along with the rest of the rest of the group looked intently at Rinoa as she continued to speak. “We all know ever since he left it had been difficult for the rest of us; a difficulty that caused the gang to disband and a majority of all the territory and members to be subsumed into other gangs. I know its been awhile since we did this but I would like everyone to help me, just one last time. If theres any chance we can find him again it will be at this Reunion.” Rinoa gripped her bokken hard as bad memories caused her to engrave her nails into the wood and let tears flow down her face. It was heartbreaking to see her this way. “We cant forgive what he did, I cant…please.”

Ahj was the first to speak, he stood and rushed to Rinoa’s side to comfort her, placing his hands on her shoulders.”Rinoa, I'd never thought you would ask. Ive been waiting for a while and we all feel the same way you do. Remember we were the first to join. Me, Vex, and Shuyen.” “That’s Sunny!” the girl named Shuyen said as she and vex approached them. “Yeah Rinoa, you know weve always got your back.”

“Thank you, all of you.” Rinoa said quickly wiping her eyes before getting back in control of her emotions. “Ill want you all ready for battle at any moment. Every other gang in this region will be there and although it’s a time of negotiations you all know that this time it will be different.” Rinoa said walking towards the center and looking towards the sky. “So you think…he might be there, at the Reunion, huh?” Ahj said walking back to take a seat and folding his hands behind his head.
Rinoa simply looked towards Vex. Vex had already finished running tests on his portable computer terminal and answered , punctual as usual we called it. “It’s a possiblity, he shouldn’t be there but knowing him, there’s no computer program in the world that can predict when he’ll show up." The entire group nodded at that.

“Currently our gangs territory doesn’t extend beyond this lot of land here, Ill need all of your strength to increase our territory in order to be accepted into Reunion. Im sure you all know how much is required.”

‘Sunny’ quickly raised her hand and waited for Rinoa to look her way. “But Rinoa, how are we going to get that much territory, it takes more than a few city blocks to get into Reunion.” Vex nodded in agreement. “Yeah only the top dogs that control entire districts can attend Reunion….don’t tell me.”
Ahj smirked as he realized what Rinoa planned. “You want us to take out a top dog, that way we can gain an entire district in one go.” Rinoa smiled herself and nodded. “You guys guessed it. If we can take out the leader of a gang that controls an entire district we can get into Reunion. Though as you know it wont be easy. We should use this day to plan how we are to go about it. Vex ill need you to pull up information on all the top dogs in Metropolica.” Vex had already started searching when his request was given and in a few seconds he had pulled up a list of the four core district leaders of Metropolica.

“Currently the four district gang leaders are listed by their alias and rank. Exodus is on top followed by , Behemoth, Arcana, and Gaurdnal.” “So it seems Gaurdnal will be our target. Vex ill need you to stay here and dig up any information you can find about this gang.” Vex nodded and moved back to his spot in the hangout and went back to typing.

“Meanwhile we have some training to do.” Rinoa said turning to Ahj and Sunny. “Sounds good, its been awhile since ive had a chance to spar with you the legendary Iron sword and Death Hand.” Ahj said swinging his blade; Sunny frowned. “Geh...I hate that name given to me. Ever since we all got strong enough to rival gang leaders people gave us these stupid nicknames. Rinoa the Iron sword, Ahj the Heavy blade, Vex the Cyber, And me Shuyen the Death hand. What? cant they call me, you know, something nicer like Sunny the happy fingers! Or Sunny the Jazz hands!” Sunny ranted waving her fingers and hands.

We all laughed even Vex who was typing away on his terminal. “They’re just names Sunny, but you’ve earned them; lets just see if you can still live up to them.” Rinoa said with a devilish grin drawing her trusty bokken. Ahj smirked and held his battered one in both hands. Sunny groaned but relished the chance to fight again. She slid into a masterfull martial arts stance and eyed Rinoa and Ahj. “So Ahj, your using his old weapon I see, what happened to your old massive blade.” Rinoa said shifting into her stance and stalking the group in a slow circle. “I got rid of it and have been working on a new way to fight, cant do as much damage as before though. Ive got to return this to him someday. Payback for all the pain and suffering he caused with this.”

“Heh! well youll have to get through me first!” Sunny shouted with glee, suddenly sprinting with great speed towards Ahj. The fox on her shoulder jumped off just in time and headed over to lay beside Vex. Ahj smirked. “Wrong move!” He said as the world seemingly moved in slow motion as he swung his blade. “Eat thi…!”

There was an enourmous clacking sound as Rinoa blocked Ahj’s blade knocking her into a backflip over sunny who hadn’t stopped sprinting full speed towards Ahj. She had taken the brunt of the blow in her weapon and used the recoil to knock herself ouot of harms way. She did it almost effortlessly, in a simple stroke that was almost too fast to see. “Gettem Sunny!” She laughed as she raced back to join the fray.

Sunny jumped and spun three times increasing the momentum in her lower body before bring her right leg crashing into Ahj’s side. “Haha eat my tornado kick!” Sunny said as Ahj crumpled sideways from the blow. Ahj grunted from the pain and quickly grabbed her leg before lifting his blade in the air to bring it down in a guillotine like slash. “Your mine…!!” or so he thought, yet again there was a loud clack as Rinoas blade met his, foiling yet another attempt. However, he hadent swung his blade yet and she was able to counter attack in a flash, due to his opening. To a normal person it would have appeared that Rinoa disappeared from her position but a trained eye would see that she moved at a seemingly impossible speed slashing both Ahj and Sunny in a single stroke before skidding in a circle a few feet away. She then spun her blade and slowly sheathed it. “My win.”

But before Rinoa could fully sheath her bokken Ahj stomped the ground with such force it knocked Sunny back and Rinoa off balance. “GOOO!!!” He shouted before finally swung his blade, but it was to late. Rinoa finished sheathing her weapon and both Sunny and Ahj were jolted by the damage from her blow simultaneously and fell to the ground defeated. “Pwned.” Vex said as he turned to look at the aftermath.

Rinoa walked up to the both of them and shook her head. “Looks like we'll have a lot of work to do. I don’t know what Ahj was up to but his strength has never faltered, its just his fighting style is way to slow. Hes going to have to change it up now that hes using a smaller weapon”. ”But I wonder what that was just now. For a second I could see the shimmering of light around his weapon.”

“Oweee, your too good Rinoa.” Sunny said sitting up and grabbing her head. The baby fox ran up to the girl and jumped on her shoulder trying to lick where it thought she was hurt cutely. Ahj punched the ground, “’Dang id thought it work but…im too slow!” Rinoa shook her head. “No guys you both are wrong. Im not all that good Sunny, you guys are just out of practice, and Ahj youll have to reinvent the way you fight. You have great strength but if you were to balance out your abilities youd be a better swordsman than you were before.”

“Hmph,” Ahj said standing and wiping off his clothes. “Youve always said that.” “Don’t worry Ahj youll figure it out.” Sunny said giving a little encouragement. Even Vex chimed in,”Well I would say based on how you fought you planned to use wind blasts right?” Ahj looked at Vex in surprise. “What you knew!?”

Vex chuckled “Of course, but you should know the weapon your using is a lot smaller and high power attacks like you did with that massive weapon you used to use wouldn’t be efficient. Its like Rinoa said you’ve got to balance your abilities more. If I were you id tried to master speed and different techniques as well. Your main attributes lie in strength and endurance. You took Sunnys tornado kick almost like it was nothing. If you train those other areas I don’t see why not you wouldn’t be powerfull”

Ahj blinked, “Thanks for the imput Vex. I guess I should change it up, I never used a weapon this small.” Rinoa looked over at Vex.”Well since weve got all this settled did you finish finding anything?” Vex nodded. “Yeah, ive got it all…” Vex said as he began to explain what he found about Gaurdnal.
Everyone then crowds around Vex and looks at his computer terminal screen.
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Meanwhile in a shadowy, abandoned part of metropolica a man with short white hair walks ruined streets. The air here is thicker than usual like a black miasma that smothers out the light so it appears as if it were an eternal cloudy night. As this man walked down the abandoned road his shadow began to stretch and yellow dots appeared along its length sprouting small creatures of darkness, shadows. He began to spread out his arms as if rejoicing and more shadow creatures appeared. Before long more than a hundred swarmed around him in a small circle, called by his presence. The man then reached one of his hands forward and grabbed the air. Suddenly a swirling darkness formed from his hand and formed a handle then a circular design around the handle before extending outwards. In a flash of dark light the form solidified into an unholy weapon, a weapon born from realm of darkness. Pointing it towards the horizon he ran his hand down its length. It was a blade that was edged on both sides and was jagged. It appeared to be a zanbato in shape but was the width and length of a katana. The hand guard had a square look but the sides curved inwards and two prongs connected the ends of curved handgards to the handle. There was also a decorated wall like area within the handgaurd that filled a third of the space between the handle and the guard. At the blades edge a flat and dark colored crown stuck out from the side giving the blade a key like shape. A keychain hung off the end with the shape of a black heart with a dark wing folded over it.

The man smirked a devilish grin before he uttered words that left his lips silently but shook in the air with meaning. Reunion…

Balhemiuth

srry for double posting, but i wanted to make an announcement concerning my post.

Ill be able to upload ch. 2 if anyones interested, however for motivational reasons id like this chapter to have at least 50 views or just some feedback. I dont know if i should change anything about what i write or know if anyone is actually interested in the story.

Also not to be confused though this is in the future of kingdom hearts, i wanted most to all original characters to appear in my storyline including sora and the gang. Im not sure if people avoided this post just because sora wasn't in it lol so be assured he will play a major role. But thnks for those who checked it out so far and i apologize again for double posting. Just wanted to get this out there.

Balhemiuth

Chapter 2: The Plan

Ahj awoke with a start. A dread filled his heart, something dark he felt had called out to him. He looked around his room. It was clean this time, when he had got back yesterday his parents forced him to clean it up. Though there was still something out of place. Standing still in her cute nightclothes was his little sister with a surprised expression on her face as she held ‘Softie’ poised to strike. “Oh no…don’t tell me what time it is.” His little sister answered with a multi hit combo across both cheeks. “Wake! Up! sleepy head!” She said as she bashed him. Ahj looked to the clock and same as the day before made a horrified expression that made his little sister giggle. “Guah, Im late again!”

Ahj turned to pick up his sister and was once again met with ferocious struggle. He couldn’t avoid all her blows this time and was hit by ‘Softie’ a couple of times before he left her outside his room. “Man I swear she put a brick in that thing.” Ahj said as he quickly got dressed and grabbed the battered bokken. This time he headed downstairs to get some breakfast with his parents before he went out. They understood and respected his freedom. A process that took whole ‘nother adventure and many talks before they gave up and accepted what he did. It was the summer anyway and public school was out for another month. That never stopped his family from worrying for him though, he loved them for that. He loved all of them.

Ahj sped through the streets at full speed before he hit the alleyways heading back to Ground Zero. When he arrived he could feel waves of bloodthirsty anger before he actually felt the pang of hurt that was soon to come. As soon as he entered the plot of land Rinoa had already hurled her bokken at him but this time Sunny jumped through the air and kicked the spinning weapon at him point blank. With no time to dodge or block Ahj could only laugh stupidly as he lay on the ground after the weapon cracked across his ahead sending him sprawling into the ground. “Your late numb nuts.” Vex said simply from across the grounds.

Rinoa walked over and picked up her weapon without concern nor pity. “Okay everyone it’s the second day and weve got a lot of things to do so lets make use of the time we have.” Everyone grouped up by the abandoned machine parts and got comfortable as Rinoa debriefed the group on what to do. Even Ahj found his place seemingly shrugging off the damage he incurred and folding his hands behind his head.

“There are two main objectives that are to be completed today. We are to first finish training and second discover the location of Guardnal’s leader. Vex can fill you all in on the rest.” Vex stood to better face the rest of the group replacing Rinoas position in the field. “Based on the information ive showed you yesterday we already know that Guardnal has grown in power due to their battle tactics. Usually a gang rises in power in more ways than one. Wealth, allegiences, power, and members all contribute to a gangs rise in stature. However, Aeigis is different, this gang has rose to be a top dog solely on power.”
Vex typed a few things into his portable computer terminal and placed it on a ground, a second later a 3d holographical map of the city rose from the screen and circled in midair in front of the group. “Aeigis has control of the Jebern district on the east side of metropolica, with a majority of the area overlapping ‘The Black’ city ruins.” As vex spoke the map zoomed in, highlighting the eastern sector of metropolica in red as well as darkening ‘The Black’ with a swirling dark black color. “Based on many test results from the computer programs ive created to monitor gang movements, I believe to have pinpointed the leaders location.” The map zoomed slowly into the highlight red section of the map until The Black occupied the entire hologram. “he is here in the heart of The Black, why he is there is a mystery but Guardnal’s members can be frequently seen entering and exiting the forbidden area.”
“That place…isn’t that where he disappeared as well?” Ahj said looking over at Vex from his place on the machine parts. “Could it be possible he could be involved with Guardnal?” Vex shook his head “That’s something I cant find out Ahj, the only way to know for sure would be to sneak in ourselves and find out whats up.”

The hologram disappeared back into the computer after Vex finished talking and he picked it off the ground and headed back to his terminal, Rinoa took his place. “The Black is quarantined from the rest of the city, the occurrence that happened all those years ago caused light to abandon the place and people to go missing. Buildings were destroyed in the chaos and superstitions of the ruins kept away curious citizens. It’s the perfect place for the leader of the eastern district to be found.” Everyone nodded in agreement at the information that was presented to them.

“However, knowing the location of there leader is only half of what we must do. Next is our plan. It is very simple, it’s a basic sneak and eliminate type situation. The Black chokes off most technological devices besides Cyber’s here so communication between each other will be difficult. Well have to stay together, work as a team, and come out of this without any problems. To do so will require some strict training for both you and Sunny for the next 3 days.” Rinoa said looking from Ahj to Sunny. “You guys up for it?”

“Of course!” Ahj said with a shrug, “Always!” Sunny said with glee pumping her fist in the air. Rinoa smiled. “Alright guys then lets get started we don’t have time to waste. “Sunny, Vex had some test dummies made to practice with you.” As usuall before being asked Vex had activated the dummies through his computer terminal, a few seconds later a clanking sound could be heard. 3 human sized machinations appeared from a nearby allely. They appeared to be some sort of manikin like robots made from scraps of parts and metal of many different kinds. They looked way to beat up to do any kind of….
Suddenly in complete synchronization the bots jumped int the air doing complex acrobatic flips before all three landed in a pose’s reminiscent of classic martial arts stances. Vex’s eyes lit up as he looked upon his creations. “Sunny your in for a treat, these are my best combat creations yet. Each bot’s memory contains decades of information in a particular field of combat. There names are Bot Alpha, or who I named Tod, Bot Beta or Bob, and the last Bot Omega, Rob. These guys will be your opponents.”

Sunny’s jaw seemed to drop as she looked at the masterfull movements of the bots as they demonstrated their skills and stances across the field. Flipping, spinning, punching, and kicking in rapid succession. “Whoah good luck Sunny, your gonna need it hahaha!” Ahj laughed as he saw her shocked expression and the skills of the bots. “Don’t think your training will be any easier Ahj.” Rinoa said with a smirk. “Ill be taking you to a special place Ive used to train secretely for many years, im going to sculpt you into a whole new fighting machine!”

“Oh Wait! Uh I gotta go home I think I heard my mom calling, ill see ya’ll later, yeah, goodb..GUAH!” Rinoa had pulled Ahj by the collar donning a deveilsh face as she pulled him yelling into the darkness of the allyways.

The rest of that day and the next two they all improved their abilities and restored part of what they had lost over the years in terms of skill for the day Reunion approached, and slowly the skies darkend with each passing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back