• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Grey Wars - Book One of the Tales of the West Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
The title says it all folks. Something I've been working on for three years.

My Major Influences:

J.R.R. Tolkien
C.S. Lewis
Brian Jacques
J.K Rowling

Notice how every one of them are (or were) English writers. Hope you enjoy the tale of knights and sorcerors, executioners and vitctims, predators and prey.

CHAPTER 1

Location: Fenix Legion Camp, Khardruzil Pass, the White Mountains.

The red and gold light emitting from the red wax candles did much to lighten the atmosphere, along with the perfumed scent of apples that came from the ever melting crimson sticks. The man at the table, his artic blue eyes looking down at the map infront of him, his black hair, with natural blue tips, hanging below his ears by about an inch, partially matching the black cloak, tunic, leggings, and the boots he wore, all with silver designs on them, the mineral gleaming from the light dimly.

A hand pulled back the grey tent's wool covering that served as a door. A white, lobstered hand, and the helmed man walked in, the white spherical helm with a gold visor hiding his face. In his right hand gripped a peculiar sword, a golden double helix blade, with black grip.

Behind the white knight came in a man, dressed in grey leather, the star on his left shoulder marking him as a captain, the longbow and arrows slung over his shoulder marking him as an archer. His cool, grey eyes and light brown hair gleamed in the dim light, as he stood and addressed the man at the table, still looking at the map before him.

"My Lord Twizen." The young, dark man at the table looked up, his artic blue eyes meeting the archer's sea-grey. "What is it, Xanos?" he asked, his face filled with curiousity. "The White Army has assembled a tenth of a league from here. And we found a shortcut to it, thanks to the scouts we found of theirs." Xanos said, a smirk on his face.

"Very well. Call the banners." Lord Twizen said, getting up, and turning to the white knight. "Puppet, hold the center." The Pale Assassin merely nodded, and walked off, giving his double helix blade a few spins, spitting one of the scouts left from the skirmish on the White Army's flank, causing blood to flow out of the now-lifeless man and onto the beautiful, yet deadly blade. Puppet wiped the blood off on the corpse and walked off, mounting his pale white horse.

Fenrir Twizen, Lord of Castle Wolven, and the Isle of Wolves, stepped out of his tent, hood pulled up, concealing his face from any insubordinate soldiers. He mounted his horse, black as sin, and drew one of his matching rapiers, holding it in military salute.

"This is the day you will prove yourselves worthy, the day you will win this battle, and the day you will decide who wins this war of Grey and White!" Thus he addressed the Fenix Legion, strongest regiment of men in the Grey Republique, far superior to the White Army of the White Kingdom.

And to think that this all started from the assassination of King Viral's son, Prince Cyras, of the White Kingdom. Otherwise I wouldn't be here, and neither would Puppet. How the gods have chosen us, I cannot say. But I can say this. Lord Yral and King Viral, however old their lineage and power may be, they have forgotten who made them the kings and lords they are now.

The Lords of The Western Realm, now lost in time. From Kalios Kator and Viktor Twizen came those men's royalty. Otherwise those two idiots would still be simple savages ruling the section of villages the White Kingdom once was.

Funny how the tables turn.

A single banner flew over the Fenix Legion, half white, half black, cut vertically, with a grey wolf, with blue eyes in the centre. " Forth we go, to renew the glory that was Westernesse." Fenrir muttered, smiling silently. The host stopped at the edge of the Valley of Tirion, looking down upon the camp that was the White Army's abode.

Rearing his black destrier, Fenrir saluted the men, and went at a hard gallop into the ravine. The Fenix Legion rode behind him, Puppet, the Pale Assassin, and Xanos, the Arsonit, in the lead behind their leige lord and commander.

Let's hope the Dragon and the Falcon are ready to bow to the Wolf. Otherwise there may be slaughter in Miras Xarus when we get there.

Fenrir grinned to himself, and drew his other rapier, letting his destrier go by itself. He jumped, did a frontflip, and decapitated the man-at-arms infront of him, all in one stroke. Wiping his blades clean on the now-dead man, he turned, spinning arond, parrying the longaxe coming towards him, thrusting into the man's heart that had dared to attack him.

Let's hope that we win the Grey Wars II.

Haku

<3
Great start so far, and I really like your author influences those are some of my favorite authors as well xD.

Suzaku

Intriguing outline, although it seems as if it's a parallel to the years of Arda RP my friend was in.

Never the less, it has an interesting idea, and already some unique characters. Please continue.

Oh, and all of those authors own. I have all of the redwall series, all of the chronicles of narnia, and all of the lod of the rings, including the simarillion and the children of hurin.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I was the one who made the Years of Arda RP lolz. So yeah, it's the same, but the plot goes certainly towards the same direction, but with more depth.

I havent read Children of Hurin yet >.>

Eternal Snow

Hopelessly Confused
Website
www.myspace.com
I dunno

He says he doesn't have a word doc so he just types it up on here

Whatever LoL

I know Jub Jub too well XD

he hasn't been on Msn all day Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

XD

It's 3:25am where he lives so he's probably sleeping right now LoL
I'll make him write the next chappie soonz XP

:nahnah:

KH_Fan_4_eva-2

0_0 Omfg.......IM SO ANGRY!

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH A GOOD WRITER!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Oh well, Im younger than you so I have more time in my life to beat you at writing (Which I know will never happen!) !

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Here's a new chappeh Mel!

Stop staying up 'til the next day Sammi!! :nahnah:

Maybe you would wake up at 10am instead of 12pm!!

And here's a new chappeh cos I wasn't ables to get on yesterday :cry:

Me sorrys Sammi V_V

But I KNOW you missed me hehe *hides*

Hehe Lilli! Perhaps you will become a better writer than mes!:

Chapter 2​

The Chained Dragonlord​

Location: Ruins of the White Army's Encampment, Khar-druzil Pass, near the Valley of Tirion.

"Bring him in." Artic blue eyes met sea-grey as Fenrir replied to Xanos, smoke from Fenrir's pipe giving The Wolf Prince a sorcerous aspect. The two dragons that were the pipe's design and make were entwined; one was onyx, with sapphires for eyes, The Grey, and the other was jet, with rubies for eyes, The Black.

Only one person knew whose pipe that had been, but it was not Fenrir.

Xanos dragged in the pitiful excuse for a prisioner, Ser Rayn Viral, cousin to Regias Viral, reigning lord of the White Kingdom. His once white steel armor and cloak were now soiled with mud and turned crimson from the blood of both his soldiers and those of the Fenix Legion. Xanos released his grip on the man's mailed shoulder and walked out of the tent, more than likely to deal with the remaining White Army soldiers who had yielded themselves. Fenrir's cloak, black as sin, rustled slightly, more than likely from the wind going by outside the tent.

The Fenix Legion took no prisioners, unless they were royalty, and worth a good ransom. Or a good death.

Fenrir took a look at the man the people called The Unfearing Dragonlord. Ser Rayn Viral stank of fear now, after watching his 'supposed' invincible soldiers being butchered by the Fenix Legion's merciless fighters, the one-time mercenary army decimating the knights in their shining white armor.

"So where is your cousin, I wonder? Sending another sortie to attempt to stall us?" Fenrir said, slapping the man back-handed across his face with his mailed right hand. Ser Rayn spat up blood, perhaps a tooth, and replied in a half dull, half terror-filled voice. "More than likely, warg." Fenrir smirked at what Ser Rayn called him.

Warg. Such were the Greys called since the Grey Wars I, when Kalios Kator, after taking the name the wildings near the Isle of Wolves called him, Carcaroth, came to Viktor Twizen's aid when he was a prisioner of Drakos Viral, the first lord of the White Kingdom. Carcaroth, at the Battle of the Grey Tower, had his wolves brought, all fifteen, and rode upon the back of the largest, Wulf, nearly seven feet tall standing on his hind legs.

Carcaroth, atop Wulf, crushed the ranks of the White Riders, his fourteen wolves coming in for the kill. The Lord of Castle Wolven clashed blades with Ser Arthurian Daune, once a knight under his command, now taking orders from the Greedy Lizard, Drakos Viral. And when Lewyin Martill, Prince of the southern land of Dorn, came to aid him, Carcaroth spat full in the White Knight's face, and spitted his spear into the Blade of the Sun's chest, and finished off Lewyin Martill with a backslash of his curved blade.

And Carcaroth was then named the Warg Knight, for both his savagery in war, and the fact he preferred his wolves to devour the bodies of the slain, both enemy and ally. A pity they never knew of the curse that warped the Western Realm and sent General Kalios Kator, now Carcaroth, and Lord Viktor Twizen to the Isle of Wolves.

Fenrir turned, and stood infront of Ser Rayn Viral, and merely grinned. "I hear your cousin didn't want you at court, for fear you would add to his problems. Or to his overthrowing." "He wanted me to lead the first attack, to defeat you, Ser Fenrir Twizen." "It's Lord now, Ser Rayn, you should know. And as for defeat, why, I would guess I am defeated, being speechless." Fenrir said, laughing.

Ser Rayn drew a hidden dagger, and jumped at Fenrir, prepared to slit his throat. A golden double helix blade stopped Ser Rayn Viral, and cut off the hand that held the dagger. Puppet moved out of the shadows and spun his blade around, the right hand that held the grip spinning along with it, in a full 360 degrees. Puppet's helm moved in a tsk tsk motion as the blade spun tauntingly.

"Too bad that didn't work, Ser Rayn Viral. Have fun with one hand, cripple." Fenrir motioned to Ser Rayn, and Puppet dragged the now single left handed man out, Ser Rayn clutching the stump that had been his right hand in both horror, disbelief, and pain. Let's hope you feel that pain for a good long while, otherwise the lesson would precede itself. Fenrir smiled, and went out of the tent, and mounted his horse, taking the black leather reins and giving them a quick flick, sending his black destrier into a drifting trot, Fenrir pulling up the hood of his black cloak in the process, his Fenix Legion filing in behind him, in two columns, side to side, the banner of the Greys flying as ever from their lances.

Puppet and Xanos rode behind Fenrir, the leaders of the two columns, a chain attached to the reins of Puppet's white horse, Ser Rayn stumbling a few feet behind. Nothing would happen to him... as long as he kept up.

Whoever had called Fenrir a sadistic man was more than likely right. Ser Rayn would be returned to his family, indeed..

Inside a mahogany coffin.

And he will not be the last to be named a Chained Dragonlord, if Viral continues to send his relatives hoping they will stop me.

And as for the Yrals, let us just say that the Falcons will be caged.

Along with the Chained Dragonlord, Regias Viral.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back