• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Golden City <> Sign-up and OOC thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Heh, I could could read my temp over 60 times and have no clue why I would be rejected, but, good riddance I suppose. Kudos KenT you know what I am talking about *_*

So since you are gonna start soon anyway, I can guarantee that it will not be a waste of your time to tell me why I was NOT accepted.......It would disgust me if the reason is what I have in mind.

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Edit:Those words explain nothing. I think that one such as yourself would have some kind of ability to speak as to what is not fitting about my character. It can't be about my history because you yourself said that we all could have fun with that area, so I am going to hope that is not the problem. I won't weed out my abilities, even though they aren't that strong.

So like I said before just say why, and I'll be satisfied........by the way dear, if you have yet to notice I already have, and currently am second guessing you, so maybe if you were a bit clearer in how you portray things, then that wouldn't happen.

Normally I don't edit, but you said yourself literacy was a must I had that. The bio was unorthadox, but there in you didn't RESTRICT such things. That's pathetic -_- somebody doesn't read her own rules.

Last edited:

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
Hmm... I guess it wouldn't hurt to have another go at it. Though where I am it is pretty late (by my standards, i go to bed early) so i'll post my template up as soon as i get home from school tomorrow.

EDIT:

Name: Jordan Hart

Race/Ethnicity: Her appearance is human, though there is somthing different about her compared to other humans.

Level you live on: 12

Personality: Jordan has a very quirky personality, she cracks jokes constantly and is very witty. To most she is seen as too talkative, and in some cases stupid. Though she is highly intelligent and enjoys using her mind to figure things out. Very few know this side of her, most only see the happy, cheerful exterior. When she isn't joking and being happy, she is sitting alone in her room looking at the wall of photos that contain fallen members of her family. She also enjoys standing out on her balcony and gazing at the night sky for answers to all life's questions.

History: Jordan was born in the ghettos of The Golden city, her family was poor. Their home was a small, rusted steel shack located in the alleyways of the city. When Jordan was 13 her parents' lives were taken by the plague. Jordan didn't expirence even a sniffle, for several years it was only her and her brother David, until one day he was infected with the plague as well. Ever since she was 17 Jordan has been out on her own, since she was poorly educated, she now has difficulties getting good paying jobs, even though she is highly intelligent.
She eventually landed a job as a waitress which provided her with enough money to get a small apartment on the 12th level. It was the first time she had ever lived anywhere else besides that shack. She never intends to see the shack again, every time she goes it haunts her with horrid memories of her parents dying before her eyes.
She has also picked up the knack for pickpocketing, though not proud of her actions, she does it frequently to be able to get the things she needs.

Weapon/s: Her only weapon is a thin slender sword her father used to weild. It's handle is made of gold and has intracite carvings that tell stories of war. It is no longer than a foot an a half. She keeps it well polished and clean, it is as much a means of protection as an item of sentimental value.

Power/s & Abilities: Jordan has strange dreams that haunt her constantly, these dreams are rarely peaceful, and are full of violence and horror. She has many moments of Deja Vu, and wonders often whether or not her dreams have anything to do with these awkward feelings.

Appearance: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e108/FallenAngel800/Anime Pics/Taylor.jpg
Jordan has ruby red hair, along with piercing green eyes. Her style is slightly rebel-ish, though she has few nice outfits. Most are just simple white shirts with jeans or shorts.

Theme song/s: Tattoo - Jordin Sparks

Other: "You never truly know someone until they trust you enough to know." is a quote i made that applies to her perfectly.

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
I suppose it's my fault for not elaborating, but I thought it might be common sense that I want no other-worldly characters. I don't want interdimensional entanglements. Interesting as they may be, that's not what I created this RP for, which is comparatively down-to-earth. And fantasy besides.

Second, your personality-part seemed half-done to me, though perhaps it's too far above me to grasp.

Third, you came in second-guessing me from the start, and that counts against you, for with that I would have to assume that you have little in the way of common courtesy and I wouldn't want you with my other role-players.

Last, I am not your 'dear'. Don't you dare call me that, especially if you want me to think you anything but arrogant and presumptuous.

Edit: someone doesn't read her own rules? What an idiot thing to say. I wrote those damn rules, I didn't think anyone would have such a problem with them. And when I said, have fun, I assumed that would be taken with logic and in decent moderation. I hoped it would get across the fact that I didn't care whether someone's history was one paragraph or five, if they were normal or controversial. I'm sorry you misunderstood that, but harping on it and acting like my better is not the way to go about it.

Now, good night. You've already done to sour my holiday evening, I hope you won't think to turn my simple thread into an argument against me by morning.

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Oh, I see.

...[/Tarzan]

You're accusing GuardianofHearts of being a homophobe, and that's why you think your character got denied.

When really, it's just because the thing isn't up to par. I can pretty much guarantee that your character's sexuality didn't bother GoH in the least bit.

Seriously.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Oh, I see.

...[/Tarzan]

You're accusing GuardianofHearts of being a homophobe, and that's why you think your character got denied.

When really, it's just because the thing isn't up to par. I can pretty much guarantee that your character's sexuality didn't bother GoH in the least bit.

Seriously.

XD That would just be hypocritical, wouldn't it?

"So sorry, but the qouta for homosexuality has already been filled. Please take your services somewhere else."

Pickle, let's make a list later of all the things in this role-play that would scare conservative people.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I suppose it's my fault for not elaborating, but I thought it might be common sense that I want no other-worldly characters. I don't want interdimensional entanglements. Interesting as they may be, that's not what I created this RP for, which is comparatively down-to-earth. And fantasy besides.

Second, your personality-part seemed half-done to me, though perhaps it's too far above me to grasp.

Third, you came in second-guessing me from the start, and that counts against you, for with that I would have to assume that you have little in the way of common courtesy and I wouldn't want you with my other role-players.

Last, I am not your 'dear'. Don't you dare call me that, especially if you want me to think you anything but arrogant and presumptuous.

Edit: someone doesn't read her own rules? What an idiot thing to say. I wrote those damn rules, I didn't think anyone would have such a problem with them. And when I said, have fun, I assumed that would be taken with logic and in decent moderation. I hoped it would get across the fact that I didn't care whether someone's history was one paragraph or five, if they were normal or controversial. I'm sorry you misunderstood that, but harping on it and acting like my better is not the way to go about it.

Now, good night. You've already done to sour my holiday evening, I hope you won't think to turn my simple thread into an argument against me by morning.

I wouldn't want to do that to you. Before what you said was cause for me to have something to say, but now that you have stated your reasons, I am content with why I was not accepted. It makes sense if you do not wish for such character complications in your rp, since it is in a sense "mainstream"

Interesting that you would say I soured your evening though, sorry about that. As for the whole "dear" comment, but take it from me, I only call people that when I deem them worthy of a lot of respect. You rejecting me alone and taking time to talk it out gives reason for a mountain of respect............

Oh, I see.

...[/Tarzan]

Seriously.

Awww as if to think your statement is anything to make me think in the least. If I thought that was the reason I got rejected, I would have mentioned it, just like I did with anything else. i got rejected because of the reason I figured in the first place. My character is a realm jumper, and that won't work for this rp.

Up to par has nothing to do with it, if I had of posted my template with a different bio, I probably would have been accepted. Think about your words before you post them Pickle..........

I could care less what anybody thinks about character sexuality. GoH has manners, and mind enough from what I have seen on many occasions not to have a problem with a bi-sexual character. You make me feel bad just by saying that I thought that was the reason.

If you are going to get into things like this, make sure that you know exactly what you are talking about, or at least can read minds before making such foolish and ridiculous observations and second guesses. Seeing as I did the same to GoH that could be hypocritical, but I never said what I was second guessing, and you did, and were very, very wrong in the matter. Don't speak to me about reality unless you are certain on it first.

Good luck with your rp GoH I hope it does quite well, because obviously I joined because it looked awesome!!

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Okay, then, out of curiosity, what was the reason that would've made you disgusted? You know, before, when you said, "I hope it's not the reason I'm thinking of, because that would disgust me" or something like that? I'm way too lazy to look up your stupid words for you.

Think about your words before you post them Pickle..........

lol screw yew.

Stop raping the ellipses.

Anyway, tell me what the reason you feared was. The one that would've disgusted you. You just said you'd elaborate, if that had been the reason, and, if it's not, then you should be able to elaborate on THIS reason. Do it. Or you're just a frickin' hypocrite who can't stand to own up to it.

Now, Amme, as for that list, I think the first thing on it would have to be the infanticide.

Then the alcoholism, gambling, homosexuality, etc...

Pagan religions... It goes on and on!

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Seeing as how I said I WAS right, it means the reason that I was rejected for was my reason. Disgusted doesn't have to be about something overly big, or important. i just wanted to join the rp so much, that being rejected fro something in my history disgusted me. Something so small hindered me so much.

You really do need to pay attention, because if you can quote a sentence of mine, then I know you should have been able to read what I said before.

It's funny that for no apparent reason you stated that you are too lazy to look up my stupid words, because that sentence is no more, or less stupid than anything else I, or you have said, so why bother with the phrase?? The answer is there now, and it was before, so what more do you want?? I said it once, and I'll say it again, pay attention pickle.

There is no reason to keep going on about this in GoH thread, you could have PMed me about it, but if you want everyone to see it, then it's mere bliss for my eyes to read.........

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Shattered Redemption, do not post here again.

Thanks, Sam, you're quite right.

Seriously why would you post and tell me not to post here anymore?? It was over so it should have been apparent that I wouldn't post anymore in the thread, but since you had to say something as if I didn't already know to no longer waste my time I replied.

Of course Sam was right, which is what I already said, so why be redundant and say it as well, and tell me not to post anymore?? The latter wasn't needed.

So after saying that, I won't post anymore.......*sigh* Later, and good luck people.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
Alrighty then... At least everyone is now at an understanding.

So i'm assuming my template was accepted?

Last edited:

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
Pickuh Pickuhson, you have once again proven yourself to be quite the smarmy cucumber. :3 -pets-

Amme, young'un, I hope when you say 'consorting with demons' you mean homicidal faeries. No fun without two or three Avakars running about. Also, we're planning to start soon, right? If so, I'll try to get that Night collage out of the way.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
When I say "consorting with demons" I mean, um, illegal things going on. With demons. That poor Roger and Arrow have to deal with. -pats them- You'll see with my first post.

Samber, yes, I accept you, for I think you have accumulated more experience since the last time, and I'd like to see how you turn out. :D

I'll probably be posting the actual thread tonight, if Pickle gets on, and she and I can start this thing off with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back