• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The 'Get Real Kairi' Expansion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
This is an expansion arc to my first fanfiction piece ever titled 'Get Real Kairi' which can be found here.

http://forums.khinsider.com/fanfiction/136801-get-real-kairi-my-first-fanfic.html

I am posting this expansion in a new thread because it is in escence a separate storyline. All future parts of the story will go here so check back occasionally...or whenever it says "Get Real Kairi Expansion-UPDATED" in my signature.

Please enjoy part one of my fanfiction, your criticisms are welcome and helpful. Just keep in mind I kind of rushed through the last bit just trying to get it down before bed. I'm sorry if I'm sounding incredibly stupid right now, but I'm not really thinking straight. It's one in the morning and it's a real chore for me to get this done before I drop down asleep, heheh. Gosh I hate how it looks so much shorter in the post than it does on word.

------------------------------------------​

GRK Expansion 1

Every day was the same old thing. Go to the beach and wait for Sora. Go to school. Go to the beach and wait for Sora. Go home and eat. Go to the beach and wait for Sora. Kairi was tired of waiting. Not again, she always told herself, not another year wasted. She still remembered her dream vividly as she glanced up from her work on the raft and swept her red hair out of her face. Glancing out across the horizon on Destiny Islands, she felt something calling her. That’s why she started the raft again. Two days after her strange dream, she felt it, and she knew that whatever was calling her was related to Sora.

Kairi finished tying off the last log at the base of the raft and stood back to survey her work. She took pride in it, along with a hint of nostalgia at the thought of the three of them together, that darn Riku kid, planning to escape the mundane. “It’s just about done,” she said wiping her brow, “tomorrow night is all I think it’ll take to finish. All I really need to do is attach the sail.”

Kairi slung her book bag over her shoulder and boarded her little row boat by the docks, eager to get rested for the following night. As she walked through town and the breeze twirled through her hair, she smiled genuinely for the first time in a long while.

***​

The next day was a weekend and so Kairi rushed to the island straight after breakfast. She was almost shaking with excitement as she threw all the provisions she had saved for the trip in her boat and rowed over to the play island. That place was so empty lately, especially in the mornings. The island had become one of Kairi’s favorite spots to think as every thought seemed to puncture the silence in a way as pure as flicking a tuning fork.

Kairi worked diligently throughout the day and stopped only once for a small nap and a snack under the paopu tree. By sunset the raft was ready, and, in Kairi’s opinion it was even better than the first one. The reason being that this one had a giant picture of Sora’s face on the sail, oh how Kairi loved that face. Seeing him smile at her once more would make it all worth it, and the sail being a constant reminder would keep her motivated on her journey.

Taking only enough time to catch her breath, she pulled the raft down to the water, took one last look at the islands, and shoved off. It had been terrible keeping her plan a secret from everyone, with the sole exception of Selphie whom she had told on the first day, the exact moment the thought occurred to her. She was surprised then to know that the only person on the islands she really liked, aside from the one she loved, hadn’t even come down to the beach to wish her a safe trip. Kairi sighed and forced herself to look away from the islands and focus on the journey ahead of her.

***​

Back on the islands, Selphie jumped out of her rowboat and ran down to the shore where she knew Kairi would be working. It was all she ever did, and usually Selphie just left Kairi to her work, but tonight was too important.

“Oh shoot, oh shoot!” the perky girl shouted as she hurried along, “I just hope she hasn’t started on that expedition of hers yet.”

Selphie’s heart sunk as she ran up to the spot where the raft sat only to find it wasn’t there. Her eyes darted out to sea and found the raft in the not so far off water. Jumping and waving Selphie shouted out to Kairi, “Hey Kairi! Kairiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!” but it was no use. Kairi was too far from shore to notice Selphie’s desperate attempts.

In the distance, the noise of a Gummi Ship engine powering down could be heard and Selphie turned her head back to the main island. “Kairi, just what have you gotten yourself into,” Selphie sighed as she ran back to the main island, “Sora and Riku aren’t going to be too happy about this.”

***​

It had been four days since Kairi’s journey had begun, and the only thing keeping her remotely aware of her direction was the sunsets. She made certain to sail towards them each day as her connection to Sora felt strongest then. They appeared to be growing larger with each passing day as well. As if she was getting closer to the edge, or so she hoped. Kairi would do anything for a change of scenery and a chance to escape the dreary waters of Destiny Islands. She was already growing impatient.

The fourth sunset was quickly approaching and just before the giant glowing ball of fire sunk into the horizon, Kairi had thought she saw the faint outline of some object. At first, she thought it may be other islands, but she wondered then why the sun would be setting in front of them. It was a curious object indeed, but it was soon forgotten as the night came and Kairi grew tired. She curled up underneath the mast making sure to get a good look at the sail before she drifted into sleep.

The next morning Kairi awoke in complete shock, at least she thought it was morning. All around her was light. Oranges, reds, and yellows all blending together to create the friendliest most welcoming feeling, yet it still maintained a sense of deception. Kairi actually wondered if the raft was even floating on water anymore. She could see what looked to be a rock outcrop on a small island, not far off from where she was floating. It was yellow like the paopu, and it was there Kairi decided to guide the raft.

She stepped off the raft and onto the yellow sand which gave way to the rock. Kairi was ecstatic to feel solid ground under her feet once again. Unfortunately her joy was short lived. She glanced around and suddenly felt very trapped, almost like she was in a bubble. She was giving it her all not to panic as she could no longer tell the difference between the ground and the sky, and her raft suddenly disappeared from view. She fell. Not onto the rocky landscape of the deserted island, if it even existed in the first place and not into the water either. Kairi wanted to scream, but no sound came out. The light intensified and she shut her eyes. It made no difference, the light was too bright, and like a meteor she was sent off into the distance completely at its mercy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Silly Kairi. They came home the moment you left you Sora-addict. XD

Great job Zeagal! I loved when Selphie appeared and was trying to stop Kairi.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Thanks, I figured sooner of later something like that would happen.

I think this will be the last part I do from Kairi's perspective.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Good job. it's wonderful. "The noise of a gummy ship could be heard" Kairi, XDDD. I wish she would pay more attention. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back