• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Dawn of Twilight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivyprincesofhart

Hanging from the bottom of the bottom when the bot
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Authors Note: Okay, this is the second time I've tried to do this fic. I hope it turns out better this time. So please read and comment so we can achieve that end.

This story happens at the same time as the events in KH1, so there will be spoilers here and there. It's about Riku's sister, Tora. While Sora takes the path of Light and Riku takes Darkness, Tora takes the middle path of Twilight from the begining. Will their paths ever cross again?

~-----------~​

Prolouge: Tiger Moon

One night, a young woman was walking along the beach. The moonlight was shining on her hair, giving the silver sheet an almost unearthly glow, as it danced slightly in the wind coming from the waves lapping at the shore. But this wasn't a causual stroll she was on, because she had a great deal on her mind, causing it to twist and churn like the most violent of currents in a stream. So she had left the main islands, to come to a childhood hangout, where she had once known happiness.

"How does the time fly by so quickly? I was on this island when I was sixteen, and that was but four years ago." She sighed, looking out at the waves, feeling the smaller ones touch her toes briefly before flowing back to meet their kin."Now I have a family of my own. Where did all the time go? What could I have done? Have I missed something? Why did this have to happen?" Her ice blue eyes revealed the confusion in her heart."What am I to do?"

But though she tried, she just couldn't find any of the answers. She had thought they were the perfect couple, but other people said they married too young. Now, looking back, she realized that she had made a foolish mistake, because she hadn't really known him at all. They just hadn't been very happy together, even though both of them had tried their best. Finaly, she realized that neither one of them was happy. He hadn't done anything mean, but he was just distant with her, and he must have known things wouldn't work out. He just quite trying and left, after the baby was born, one year ago. Her mother had tried to help her as much as she could, but she had never been in the best of health, and had passed six months ago. Now she was all alone, with no one to help her but the babysitter and the sounds of the evening tide.

"At least I have Riku," she thought, a smile touching her lips breifly. Everyone said he looked just like her, but deep down, she wished that he had a father. But she had never been very good with people, because she had been too shy. Now she was a single mother trying to raise a child, and she didn't have anyone to help her.

She started to get up to leave, but then she heard what sounded like the mewing of a kitten; but as she listened she realized it was a baby crying. Curious by nature, she followed the sound until she came to the small island with the paupo tree on it. There was a girl in the water younger than she was by two years, with flowing tresses of ebony black hilighted by silvered streaks. She reached down to see if she was still breathing, and found her skin to be ice cold. She turned her over, and gasped.

"Sar..." but she couldn't finnish the name.

However, the girl heard her, and with an effort, managed to open her eyes, blinking the ocean-blue pools."I'm glad I found you, Terra," she whispered. Then she dragged her arm forward, knitting her brows in pain, as if the motion caused her great agony." I can't take care of her anymore. I want you to."

Terra took the bundle from the girl, and saw a tuft of silver hair with wisps of black mixed in. The face of an innocent greeted her eyes, looking so much like Riku's that it left no doubt in her mind of who the little girl's mother was. Looking back at the girl, she said quietly, "Hang on, and I'll get you some help."

The girl smiled weakly, her strength waning."No, it won't do any good. Just take care of her. She's all I have, and I want you to make sure she has a good life." And without another word, she slipped quietly into slumber, a small smile still playing at the edges of her lips.

Tears streaming down her face,Terra looked at the baby girl. She couldn't be older than Riku was, she guessed, and she did need someone to care for her.

"I'll take care of her." Terra said softly to the dead girl,"It will be good for Riku to have a sister."

As she walked back with the child, Terra came to the perfect name for her. "She will be Tora, and like the white tiger, she'll seek out her destiny and pounce at the best time upon it."

And so it came to be that the little girl's destiny began to unfold. But little did she, or anyone she would come to know understand the heartache and sacrifices that were to come, or the future that was in store for her. At least, for this one night, everything was the same as it always was, even down to the evening tide coming to the sands of the beach, and then slowly receading back to the waters edge. Terra never would fully understand what was to happan in fourteen years, but for right now, she was as happy as she could make herself. All she knew was that she had to try her best, for both Riku and Tora.

~------~​

All alone in an uncaring world.
By myself, a family to raise.
No one cares how I cry,
No one cares about the truth.
They just remain neutral and gray.

A child cries out in the night.
A loving hand is needed here.
A home is all she needs,
Someone to care for her.
Someone to give her no cause to fear.

Her destiny awaits the right time.