• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~The Codex Tales: Book I~ (Sign-Up and Info)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainfire

Sitting in the rain, thinking up new ideas...
Epi Sempra Malfunctatum

This is the code of Reignam. We are the keepers of the Codex: a written history of the world we live in. There are many tales and much information to be gathered from this. We have written for Ages. One Age in particular has spanned more pages than any other -- the Seventh Age. It has enveloped a string of stories that have grown into something close to a pattern so tightly woven that not even we are sure where it really began and where it really ended. We do know though that the chain of physical events had to do with Evrum.

The Tree of our World.

Evrum sits at the highest plate. For those who do not know, our world is divided into plates -- continents that float inside of an atmospheric and gravity contained sphere. These plates circular inside this sphere, each one sitting higher or lower than another. The lowest plate is Drax'Ven -- a plate of inherent evil and malice. Warlords, demons, and all sorts of other hellish beings live there.

The highest plate though is occupied by Evrum, and the Temple of Evrum. It is also one of the smallest plates since its only purpose is to house these two items. The Shaper of the World made it this way and we just recite it so.

Anyway, we digress. A war was mounted over Evrum -- one fought between the Sanctions, those who wanted to control the Tree and have tending over it. One side was known as Baleron and the other Fuldinsia.

Fuldinsia was a sanction that was known world-wide for their tacts on peace and their just senses. They always witheld the highest in order and nobility. For millenia they were the ones that kept the Tree and the Temple, residing with peace and dignity over all the other plates, and in modesty at that. The top of their Order was known as the White Eagle -- a group of Clerical Knights that posted quarters on all but the lowest of plates. They were there when people needed them the most and always kept track of their own, lest one fall into dishonor or deceit.

Baleron though, was an Order that had not been heard of since the Second Age. They had suddenly reappeared, steered by some agenda that they kept only to themselves. We knew this from the start to be suspicious -- those wishing to bid their lives to Evrum never kept secrets. They started to set up Quarters on every Plate as well, keeping within reach of Fuldinsia, though at the time no one thought any bad of it.

Soon though, it would become apparent that Baleron wasn't as "just" as they said they were. They quickly started to march in the name of their leader -- Uroq. They were on a life-long Crusade to, as they put it "Restore the Righteous to the guiding of the Tree". Uroq was a powerful and mysterious figure that hardly ever actually appeared in plain sight. He commanded from behind the scenes and only sent his heralds out into communities to spread the word of Baleron.

This would soon escalate into said war though. No one is sure just how it started but the fact was that it started on the Third Plate -- Hayrok. The war would soon spread and even encompass the innocent. Sides would soon start drafting Mages and Warlocks of all sorts. Those of varying occupation would cast their lots in with either side in a war that seemed like it would destroy all of Reignam. The battles however remained in some way or another, contained. They managed to keep from destroying any major city on any Plate.

It soon came, as any war does, to a final Climactic Battle. It was a battle that took place on the Plate of Evrum. The Council that lead Fuldinsia wore their full battle plate and charged with pride into battle, determined to beat down their enemy. Ulroq himself appeared for the other side, and with his appearance it brought terror and realization.

Ulroq was a Devil. He was from the lowest Plane and had formerly disguised himself as a human. However, that disguise did not work on the First Plate, because all things here were saturated with a Holy Aura. On any lower-level demon, this magic would have weakend Ulroq. He perservered and even seemed to disregard it. He fought with tenacity, urging his forces on (who were now under a spell and had to fight, no matter what).

The battle came down to the Council of Seven and Ulroq. They fought each other at the base of the Tree. Its power drove the Council on even after they should have exhausted, though it did not seem as if Ulroq would do any such thing. He grinned with those yellow, sharp, and crooked teeth; his eyes glared with that menacing, black, and hateful gaze. His black leathery wings spread and his form seemed to only grow more monstrous as time went on in the battle.

The Council knew that they had to do something. They quickly gathered around the demon, and managed to pin him to the Tree. Each one severed his or her life force from their bodies into a focused spear of light that they used to pierce Ulroq to the Tree. The focus of light would seep the energy in all its glory into Ulroq and utterly destroy him once and for all.

However, as they did so, and Ulroq screamed a terrible sound that would not be heard again for millenia to come, he gripped with all his might onto the tree, and tore a shard of it away. See, the Tree was supposed to be never-dying, never-aging. It was impossible to tear even a small piece of bark from it. Ulroq though, had done the impossible. He tore a hunk of it away, and threw it with all his might away from the Plate, losing it to known history for the time being. He then died, along with the Council, who knew their battle for the time being had been won.

It is here that we shall end that current story. All you need know is that the world found peace under the guidance of the Fuldinsia once more. Our story and the one you shall take part in, is the story of that Shard of the Tree. Its path had been a wild one -- almost as if it were sentient. It has traveled from Plate to Plate, spreading peace and prosperity wherever it went.

This goodness and power though, has come with a shadow of hate and greed. There are those who seek to obtain this Shard and use it for their own malevolence. See, while the Shard in itself is inherently good, it does not matter if the holder is evil -- their viewpoint can change the way the Shard views things, if indeed you want to say it can view things.

A party is being gathered to find this Shard. A Quest, of sorts, to find it before those (who are rumored to be under the old flag of Ulroq) can find it and use it for whatever evil they may purpose from it. So may steel, might, magick, and even trickery gather under the banner of Fuldinsia to find this Shard. The reward, both spiritually and physically shall be rewarding beyond your wildest dreams.

Become a part of Destiny. Become a part of History.

Hey there guys. I've been gone for a while and been inactive. School work has got me against the wall, but in what little downtime I've had I managed to come up with a vision for this Tale... or rather, a series of Tales. This first one is my idea. The thing is, after this one is over (assuming it runs the entire course) there shall be more, and I would love to have people brainstorm and collaborate with me on how to focus and drive the direction of this storyline.

Anyway, let's get down to business here. Basically we're on a quest to find the Shard of Evrum. Along the way there will be danger, adventure, comedy, fun, and perhaps... romance. Even though we all unite under the banner of Fuldinsia... it does not mean we all have good hearts. Perhaps you will run into temptation along the way? Then again maybe you have your own goals and you're just using the group until you find yourself in the perfect position. Either way, this will be a very character-driven Role-Play. The original has to come there (though the story itself will have some twists and turns).

Onto the legal stuff:

1. No God-Moding or Power-Playing
2. Be Literate and No One-Lining. In fact, your posts must consists of at least 1 paragraph or better.
3. Romance is fine and perhaps an underlying point to this Role-Play. Have fun but don't turn this into a lemon.
4. Everything else is PG-13.
5. Participate or else we don't go anywhere. I want a post from everyone at least
ONCE EVERY OTHER DAY and if you can't meet that don't join or else give me a head's up.
6. Have fun and relax. You'll find the best inspirations if you're not tense.
7. No passwords or anything crazy. However, I do have the right to accept or reject or even kick you out without hesitation and explanation. So don't come griping to me asking why you're out. The answer will probably be obvious anyway.
8. Also, have fun.

Template Rules
- If you want to be a mage, wizard, psionist, etc. then you must have a limit. No more than 5 spells/abilities starting out. You will probably gain some cool ones along the way, but save the majority of these for character development! It'll add to the fun, trust me!
- Everyone cannot be the same class. There will be a limit of 2 Per Class at first, depending on how many people we get. May be even less than this.
- Classes include/but are not limited to:
Warrior
Barbarian
Monk
Cleric
Knight
Paladin
Mage
Wizard
Sorcerer
Psionist
Elementalist
Priest
Archer
Rogue
Etc.
- Races include/but are not limited to:
Human
Elf
Dwarf
Leonin
Halfing
Drow
Goblin
Etc.

Template Settings/Style: I will not set a template. However, you must come up with one on your own that explains your character thoroughly enough for me to accept or reject it. You are also welcomed to work in your Template into your opening post if you choose to do so. If you do, then at least give me your character's name, and what they are, so I can keep a running tally of classes and such.

Anyway, I hope to start this up soon. So go ahead and read over and start signing up! If you have an questions, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back