• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Book Of Laurus (Rikken)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jopari

Well, since you've been desiring a fight with me I'll grant you one. You know the rules and all, so let's begin. I'll take the first post after you've put up your template. And of course, here is the newest form of Abel.
~

Name: Abel R. Iverum
Title: The Metal Musician
Race: Human

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Complexion: Tanned Caucasian
Mental Age: 32
Physical Age: 23
Build: Moderate Athletic

Physical Depiction: Abel carries a unique blend of sharp ferocity and smooth peacefulness. A smooth but strong jaw gives him a commanding appearance. His clean shaven appearance carries a message of tidiness and self-care that is almost thrown off by his wild hair. The dark brown mess of spikes twisting and overlapping almost jeopardizes the clean-shaven neatness of his appearance, yet his strong and warm hazel eyes pull it together. For the most part, he’s built like a rock star. Thin but with defined muscle mass.

Current Attire: The closest article of clothing to his skin is the specially made form fitting suit, keeping his vitals monitored constantly. Over this dark grey bit of apparel he wears clothing that is more natural. A grey t-shirt covers his chest and boot-cut jeans fit easily around his waist and legs, leading down to scuffed black boots. Over his t-shirt he wears a black button down shirt that hangs open over his chest. Around his waist and his right wrist are matching bracers and belts studded with short metal pyramid spikes. On his left hand is a small watch-like device called the Soundshifter. This rock star image is completed with what seems to be a Gibson Flying V strapped over his back, but there has never been an sky blue Flying V before.

Personality: In a way that seems almost contradictory Abel is both unnatural and natural. The constant flow of music seems to surround him, working its way into his movements and his attitude as if he was constantly listening to a tune that no one else can hear. Abel’s unique attitude seems to make him immune to the daily grind around him, setting him above and beyond the normal working class. His constantly shifting flow of rhythm colours his life and his music affects those closest to him in its own way. This almost total control of his life by music suits him just fine, and he lets the music run through him, taking it into the world as a vessel for emotion and creativity.

Interested in:
- Music
- Machinery
- Traveling

Detests:
- Hatred of art
- Rudeness
- Arrogance

Armaments:

Azure V: A custom made guitar with a beautiful sky blue body in the style of a Flying V with white frets and head stock. The form is smooth and solid. When picked up it turns out to be surprisingly heavy, too heavy for such an instrument. The guitar can be used for the simplest act of just playing it to riding it like a hover board. The guitar’s body splits apart slightly to reveal a small jet engine inside to propel it through the air when Abel needs to move quickly over long distances. The output of the engine can be aimed downward to enable him to hover in one place. In the most drastic of circumstances Azure V can be used as a melee weapon. Abel simply grasps the fret board just below the head stock. The sturdy guitar easily takes the strain of being used to attack and defend. Recent additions have been made to Azure V, making a much more versatile weapon. The guitar can now be held against Abel’s side, using it as a ranged weapon. A trigger placed in a recessed grove slides out when Abel activates this ranged mode and the guitar becomes almost gun-like. By squeezing the trigger Abel is capable of releasing concentrated bullets of sound from the head stock. Depending on Abel’s intentions the bullets can range from slugs to buckshot for close and long range combat.

Percussion Knives: A set of normal looking wooden drum sticks, but with a flick of the wrists they become deadly weapons. The top half of the drum stick changes into a gleaming sharp blade that can easily be used to take out threats. A more specialized use is as throwing knives, causing a delayed release of the blade for an element of surprise. Abel carries a set of these stuck through his belt.

Soundshifter: The most recent development in Music Machinery. The small device fits around Abel’s wrist, resembling a watch. Upon closer examination the outer edge of the watch face appears to rotate around the display. As it rotates the display shows pictures that determine it’s function. These function can be a simple as amplifying the music from Azure V or any of the instruments Abel plays. They can also be complex, such as monitoring the motions of Abel’s hands through his bio-linked suit and generating percussion instrumentation allowing him a much greater freedom of sound manipulation.

Abilities: The unique powers of music run through him, allowing a timed fighting style that throws off the enemy. The rhythmic motions of his fighting causes a distinct fighting style that utilizes both sound and physical force to eliminate threats. The power extends to manipulating the essence of sound and using it as a weapon. His power to manipulate sound extends deeper into the fundamental nature of the Omniverse, touching on the ability to effect the way it is structures and shift around energy and matter to a degree.

The second power of technological abilities gives Abel the ability to pull together bits of technology simply by focusing. This small power allows him to build devices that function temporarily with extreme precision and power before becoming totally useless. These powers reach into the teleporting of small devices that Abel understands enough to construct.

Along with his arcane abilities he has master quite a few styles of hand to hand combat, ranging from simple boxing to aikido.

History:

Abel was born into what could be considered high class society, his father a diplomat and his mother a composer. One finds it no wonder that Abel picked up a musical spirit as a child and not his father’s imposing rhetoric. His father was rarely home, but he provided with his travels, while his mother cared for him as she worked, humming and singing her tunes as she composed. Some of those close to Abel would say that this is the thing that shaped his most powerful skills in music, but his mother simply shrugs when asked about it.

Abel grew as any child would, going through all the phases and fads that any child could be expected to. The one thing that set him apart at this young age was the music that surrounded him. The children around him never complained that he hummed, sang, and played any instrument he could find, but his teachers complained that it wasn’t natural for a child his age to be so obsessed. His mother and father simply waved away their complaints and told Abel to do what he wanted. Through his parent’s encouragement his talent grew, awakening distinct and powerful rhythms of his life.

He came to be friend’s with a child of one of his parent’s maids, and they spent time together, exploring the world side-by-side. It was this friend, Aria, that taught him his second talent, the gift of mechanical workings. Together they perfected and shared their talents, building brilliant devices that pulsed with the same rhythm that they shared. As their friendship built higher into a trusting completeness they went through school and continued into careers.

Abel and Aria shared their lives as they left school, moving into their lifelong quest to completely combine the rhythm of life into machinery. Together they began a company, Rhythm Innovations, and sold their unique creations across the world. This startling new sort of technology brought forth a wave of industrial revolution on Iaynum, and more musical machinery was created by this new class of worker.

Having completed their goal on their home planet Abel and Aria reached a fork in their paths of life. Abel left Iayum with a heartfelt good-bye and made a pact with his companion that he’d come back and share with her the rhythms of the universe. Abel marked this as the start of the second half of his goal, and set off to spread machine music into the universe.

Abel’s first challenge on his travels came in the form of an alchemist going by the name Rikken. This alchemist faced off with Abel in an evacuated city that had been forgotten by time. The battle raged harshly, destroying the better part of a street. Abel lost the battle, but kept his life, learning that his dependence on music was a weakness. Swearing to himself to learn new ways of combat he began to work on Azure V and teach himself more techniques while enhancing his technological skills.

Abel found a quiet place to train at a temple on a hidden lake. Unfortunately he was accosted by an animated corpse. This corpse attacked, spewing poison and ravaging Abel’s sanctuary. Abel managed to prevail against the monster, striking him down with a massive sound wave, but his sanctuary was destroyed, and he was forced to move on.

Quote: "You have until I count to three. Then I do something that'll kill you in the most painful way possible."
~~~

I await your response.

Rikken Omnious

OOC: Great. Been waiting for this battle for a long time....well about a month..but.. you know how it is.

Name: Rikken Omnious
Title: "The Glyphmaster"
Race: Human

Height: 6" 7'
Weight: 160 lbs.
Complexion: Olive Tanned
Mental Age: 50
Physical Age:23
Build: Muscle-Bound

Appearance: His appearance has drastically changed since his transformation...He no longer is thin..He has increased in muscle bulk..but still he retains his quickness from his previous form..He wears a pair of black long pants that have belts all the way up them and black boots. He wears a short black shirt with a black overcoat and black fingerless gloves. He has long blond hair that is tied back and falls to his knees.

Personality: His personality has not changed really..other than the fact that he has now become very egotistic.

- Women
- Anything else that's bad for your health.

Detests:
- Music

Abilities:
To be revealed.

History:

(Working on this.)

Quote: "Only in Death. Do I give mercy,"

~~~~~~~~

OK ready. Off you go.

Q

Banned
Pardon to interrupt, but your signature is lulz, the part about the machine spirit

Also, I'm watching this

Jopari

((OoC: Alright, SMK. I hope you enjoy, and yeah, the sig is pwn. The battlefield is a... battlefield. Enjoy.))

Abel ducked under a blade, timing himself perfectly to the rhythm of the battle as he burst back up, his hand slamming hard into the jaw of the soldier. He crumpled, unconscious, to the ground as Abel moved on. “He’s here somewhere,” he muttered to himself, leaping over the thrust of a warrior. Azure V hung tightly around his shoulders and pressing into his back as he landed on the shoulder’s of his attacker and stomped down hard. This time the man died as his clavicle splintered, sending a shard into his heart.

Abel turned, striding quickly across the battle field that was quickly filling with bodies, both living and dead. The two sides were almost complete meshed together now, only able to tell an enemy by the style of his armor. Abel dodged under a few more attacks, spinning smoothly away from a thrusting spear.

The rhythm of battle flowed smoothly through Abel, allowing him to move unharmed through the clashing armies. He moved towards a small hill that neither side had taken yet, deciding it was the best place to survey the area. “Where are you, where are you, my opponent from days long past,” Abel mumbled as he moved, his voice making a sing-song pattern with the words.

A spear passed in front of him, forcing him to pause in his movement. He turned, grasping the spear with one hand and jerking it forward. His other hand pulled a knife from his belt and slammed it forward into the abs of his assailant. As the man fell gasping to the muddied ground Abel moved on, stepping over the body as he moved towards the hill.

He’d been right, from there he could see the entire battle. The armies were clashing still, neither side gaining the advantage. Abel’s eyes scanned the field, searching for his opponent. He’d called Rikken here, the messenger drone under explicit orders to deliver a summons to the man. Of course, the summons hadn’t anticipated a battle on their chosen field, but it only made the fight all the more interesting.

Abel watched, waiting for the man to show himself.

Last edited:

Rikken Omnious

A cigarette hanging limply in his mouth he watched the battle from a short distance away. the sound of swords clashing and the screams of men. He saw Abel some way away suveying the battle. He had recieved a message from some boy about a battle with Abel.. he had been waiting to catch up with this man.. after all he was the first person he had faught in a long time and he was sure it was going to be one hell of a match. He made a bee-line towards Abel. The course he was taking would take him right though the centre of the battle and out the other side."I might as well end this battle..it's only going to get in our way later. He stepped off heavy boots giving him equal footing all the way down the small hil and towards Abel.

Rikken lazily clicked his fingers as a group of soldiers charged at him. A series of glyphs appeared around them, stopping them in their tracks. The glyphs slowly began their advance toward the centre. It got close enough that one of them touched the Glyph's and a cataclysmic Explosion took place. annihilating everything in front of Rikken and making a clear line of bodies towards Abel.He stepped over the bodies towards Abel.

"Abel.." He said in a mildly treatening voice.."It's been a long time since we last met.. I hope you have learned some new abilities.. I know I have,"

Jopari

Rikken had shown himself in the most glorious and arrogant way possible, killing a large group of soldiers to clear a path towards Abel. As Abel watched the remaining warriors of the two armies pause, turning to see their attacker. Abel smiled, knowing that the two armies would join together to tackle this bigger threat.

Abel called out across the battle field to his opponent, replying, "I've learned a thing or two." Without saying anything more he pulled his guitar around to his chest, his fingers brushing over the strings for a moment. He pressed down the face of his Soundshifter, triggering the music. Motivation and the desire to fight escaped from the music as Abel let his powers shift the music into an almost physical touch upon the souls of the warriors surrounding them.

"I hope you don't mind if I speed this up," Abel said, smiling menacingly at the new and improved Rikken. He let his hands fall to Azure V's strings. The music gained force, propelling the armies together at Rikken, swords and spears ready to cut him to pieces. Abel didn't expect this to kill him, but it was worth a try.

As the soldiers charged at the glyphogist Abel stepped backwards, finding a steadier footing on the muddy hillside, preparing his next attack in his head.

Rikken Omnious

"Hmmph.. I hope you didn't expect this to work.." he watched as the armies grew closer towards him he swayed on his feet facing the armies marching upon him.. he flicked his hands out, clicked his fingers, and four large Glyphs appeared in front of him all in a line next to each other. blue lines drawing themselves upon the soliders bodies..."Crushing force.." All of a sudden there was a sound of cries and holws from the men that were quickly stifled by the fact that they had been squashed so small that thier insides had burst out though their mouths and onto the ground in front of their own bodies. before falling face-first into a crushed heap on the ground..

After this the whole battlefield was covered in blood and guts.. a few bodies were left twiching. Rikken stepped over the bodies and made his way towards Abel. Head down in a forever moving journey towards Abel..the sound of his footfalls echoed in the quiet field as he stepped over the fallen bodies..

The sound of Abel's music getting louder as he approached..

Jopari

((OoC: Just so you have a reference point. This is the song that the Soundshifter plays during this point. Because I can't really describe it well enough.))

Abel frowned as Rikken crushed the remnants of the armies, spilling their guts on the battle field like flies. "You have no style," Abel chided, his hands coming off the guitar strings as he spun the face of the Soundshifter around. The pictures flickered over the face as each function cycled by, a drum kit, an amp, a music note, and finally what he was looking for. The treble clef. He pressed down the face, spinning the face once more as names flashed by on the small screen. He smiled as he triggered the Soundshifter once more, a song picking up and growing loud as Rikken advanced towards him, head down.

Abel pulled Azure V off, the shoulder strap retracting into the guitar as he spun it around, gripping it near the headstock. The first drum roll that linked the intro to the first verse rang out from the air around Abel and he moved suddenly. Abel leapt over the mass of bodies, the song adding a burst of speed to his motion, propelling him over his opponent.

Abel landed with his back to Rikken, turning as he slammed Azure V down at the base of Rikken’s neck, aiming to compress his spine downward and paralyze him. Following the rhythm of the song he danced backwards, his footing light along the muddied and bloody ground. Abel stepped forward again, this time sweeping the hardened guitar low, aiming to cripple the glyphogist with a blow to the knee.

The song continued to play as Abel came around with a spinning attack to Rikken’s other side. The crushing blow was aimed to shatter ribs and rupture organs. Abel stepped away from his opponent, moving swiftly towards the opposite side of the field that he’d started on. His spun and tossed a percussion knife at the man, pausing for a moment in his attack as the blade whistled towards his opponent.

Rikken Omnious

Rikken swung himself forward the guitar sliding down his back and hitting the ground with a dull thud. This was followed by a hand stand on one hand... for a bulky man he moved very fast for his size..his hand landed on the fretboard of the guitar and he was swung around.. the last attack aiming for his ribs missed because the attack had been aimed at his ripcage where he had been previously standing...as for the Knife...well we can all guess that it missed as well.

When Abel had stopped attacking... Rikken was laying along the fretboard looking straight into Abel's eyes."Are you quite done yet?" he pushed off with his hand and he landed on the ground feet up and set himself up in a pose with one hand facing forward ready to click his finger and the other in his pocket..with his legs apart side-on facing Abel.. "Hit me with something decent...come on!"

Jopari

Abel glared at the man, his cocky attitude was beginning to truly irk Abel. "As you wish," Abel mocked, his tapped the Soundshifter's face, shutting off the music. He pulled his guitar back up to his chest, placing his fingers across the strings and beginning to play. The music rang out, loud and powerful across the battle field littered with bodies.

"You shall be swallowed by death."

The music took on a hallowed sound, as if every living thing was invading the sanctity of that single moment. Darkness swallowed the light, clouds casting a shadow across the field as the lurid corpses seemed to shift in their death poses. An eerie light was cast off by the bodies, the wind picking up and sweeping the debris of battle away with the gusts.

"Listen, can you hear their souls scream?"

Abel closed his eyes, pouring his power into his music to gather enough energy for the act of necromancy that he was performing. The glow that had been flowing off the bodies gathered as the dead were animated, their lifeless eyes glowing with the eerie blueish light.

A group of the more intact corpses stood, gathering up shields and swords, advancing on the single opponent. Abel continued to play the haunting song as the group moved to flank Rikken, their shield held at the ready and their swords moving with purpose as they waited for their next command. The command came unspoken, but a slight flux in the music gave them the order they needed. They lunged, coming from all sides, six blades lurching forward to bury themselves in the supple flesh of their killer.

Revenge would come, even after death.

Last edited:

Rikken Omnious

"Hmmph..." A smile ripped across his face..He clicked his fingers and an array of glyph's appeared around the revived bodies... and they began to advance on the Zombies and ..He laughed manically as they advanced..."I wouldn't let those touch each other or you..as you can see" He clicked his fingers and the one on the left of him exploded sending a shockwave around the area triggering the rest to explode as well..The air pushing his hair behind him..

"You're no fun at all." he said wiping the zombies parts off his clothes and face..."Aww...and I just washed this last week..and it's already covered in guts.

He clicked his fingers again and another series of Glyph's appeared around Abel..."Oxygen depletion... you should remember this attack from last time... only this time... the gravity around you forces the oxygen around you into a tiny ball just below your feet and also those glyphs will follow you wherever you go. Have fun" He laughed again..

OOC: have fun getting around this

Jopari

((Alright, I'll post in the morning, but first a question. What is the driving power behind the glyphs? Is it just energy or something a bit more specific?))

Jopari

The zombies were destroyed with a simple snap, and Abel shrugged it off. He had a small army of bodies to use despite the fact that he hated desecrating them like that, but they deserved vengeance. Abel prepared to call forth another group to move as the glyphs popped into existence in front of his eyes. The sound stopped reaching his ears despite the buzzing strings below his fingers. He smiled, recognizing the trick from their earlier battle, just a bit more refined.

From beyond the glyphs Abel could see Rikken explaining something, but Abel shrugged and mouthed, "I can't hear you," from inside the ring of glyphs. Abel decided to ignore the unoriginal musclebound fool and work on the problem at hand. He had enough air to fix the problem before he lost consciousness, he just had to be careful not to panic. He studied his surrounding, noticing that the gravity was stronger, especially near his feet. "Not hard to figure out where the air is," Abel thought to himself. The solution was simple, his powers worked as long as the air vibrated, it had nothing to do with him being able to hear the music.

Moving deliberately Abel flicked the clasp on his Soundshifter open, letting the device slide off his wrist. He pressed down the face and dropped it as he felt the vibration of the mechanism inside, despite the lack of sound to hear the music. The watch fell into the small ball of air at Abel's feet, drawn in by the gravity that had trapped the oxygen. Abel let his powers reach the air inside the sphere as he watched the Soundshifter fall into the air.

The uplifting and upbeat song suddenly came to life as he forced the gravity back to normal with his powers. Finding a balance took a moment, but as fresh air flooded into his lungs Abel smiled at the glyphogist from between the glowing glyphs of his prison. "Really Rikken?" Abel intoned, stepping forward. As expected the glyphs moved with him. He replaced the Soundshifter on his wrist as he walked and talked, "You tell me that you have new moves, but you just use polished versions of the same old ones."

Abel placed his fingers along the strings on Azure V preparing his next song, but holding back, wanting to see what reaction his provoking would cause.

Rikken Omnious

"Yes... I do have new moves.. You just haven't seen them yet.." with that he snapped his fingers again and the glyphs moved in getting closer to each other.."you might not want to let those touch you or each other...it'll hurt a lot..like death alot," He shifted his stance slightly so that he could see him better.. he started to dance.."Oh, yeah, I'm getting pumped." It wasn't a dance to be exact more like a shuffle...The one that relates to Jeet-Kun-Do..

His hands lashed out like lightning... For a man his size he was amazingly fast.. Leaving small indents as the air shifted around before him..

Jopari

"Seen it just a minute ago, remember?" Abel taunted. He tossed around a few ideas in his head, his thoughts flashing behind his eyes quickly. Knowing the end result he found no reason to fear the glyphs. He took a breath, pressing down the face of the Soundshifter on his wrist. The moment the music stopped the gravity yanked all the air back down into the small ball at Abel's feet. Reacting quickly he pulled a percussion knife from his belt and threw it at the glyphs.

The contact sent an explosion rippling through the air, but the lack of air around Abel cut off the explosion, only incinerating the knife at the first burst. The spell lost it's power and Abel could breath again. "You seem to lack any real initiative," Abel mocked, watching the glyphogist do his odd little karate dance.

He recognized the dancing steps from a few shows he'd watched while on Earth. It was the incomplete style of Bruce Lee's, but Abel had something just as good to face against it. He swung Azure V around his back, cinching the strap tight to hold it close. He tapped the face of the Soundshifter again, triggering a swift song, fit for fighting along with. Of course, Rikken wouldn't know that the song was linked to Abel's biorhythms and would respond to him if he wished it.

The familiar stance of aikido came easily to Abel, slightly crouched with both hands forward, ready to defend against the swift strikes of Rikken's fists. Smiling slightly as the music thrummed in the air around them Abel nodded to Rikken, "Face your end."

Rikken Omnious

"Real inititive?" he said standing before him..The cigarette in his mouth nearly extinguished...he removed the smoke from his mouth and threw it away.. He stopped dancing on his feet and stood still, arms extended in a similar pose to Abel in a sort of mocking pose...."Come at with all your might..Not like you could hit me anyway.." Glyphs flashed on the palms of his hands... They appeared to be inactive at the moment.. but when Abel attacked him. He would reveal their sinister side of these Glyphs.

He resumed his previous pose waiting for Abel to attack.. he had hoped that he would make the first move.

Last edited:

Jopari

"You see?" Abel said, smiling wickedly at the man. He kept in his ready stance, not wanting to break concentration as he spoke. "You don't even have the initiative to attack on your own, I've thrown every punch this battle," Abel told Rikken, letting his left arm fall to his waist in a slight shifting of his stance. "You're afraid to throw a punch, aren't you?" Abel asked, mocking the warrior.

Abel rested his left palm against his belt, the music throbbing around them as he smiled at Rikken, letting his goading sink in. Abel doubted that the arrogant man would stand firm against such insults. "All you are is a flashy fighter with no real substance," Abel added, for good measure.

Rikken Omnious

"I'll show you...what you think is wrong!" A burst of speed and he had already ran though Abel phasing though him as he had not done before.. The man's stature did belie his true speed.. He aimed a well placed palm to the back of the Abel's neck.. swung himself around phased though and attempted to slam a fist into his stomach..before phasing though again and aiming a punch for his back..

OOC: can't do anymore till you post...<_<

Jopari

Abel was surprised by the sudden burst of speed, the sudden shifting of the man as he moved through him. Without thinking Abel reacted, pulling the knife from his belt and bringing his left hand around as he ducked. He aimed to plunge the knife into the back of Rikken's hand, but the man shifted again before he could land the blow. With knife still in hand Abel followed the path that his opponent had been on, easily pushing the punch away with a twisting parry using his forearm. Rikken shifted once more, this time to his back. Abel spun, ducking low and jamming his hand forward.

The percussion knife aimed for Rikken's stomach, the center of the abs. Abel smiled, knowing that the song would keep him on par with Rikken's speedy movements. And in a moment Abel could begin a more deadly attack. Following through from the knife Abel swept a low sweeping kick, aiming to knock Rikken off his feet, only a knife strike away from death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back