• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
Eh, it's what I call it because, I have no clue how to fix it, so I have to re-do my whole system and start from scratch whenever I see it, which sucks, I have to redownload my music, I have 140 songs on it now, so, If It happens again, how do I fix it? Heres a pic of the blue screen of death...
falcon.jpg

*Shivers*
P.S: If you haven't figured it out yet (Gosh your slow) It's not a immediate problem, just if it pops up again because I can'y do ANYTHING, the screen pops up the second my computer turns on, I wouldn't be able to ask for help when It happens. And it's happened 3 times this year, the first time it put me out of my computer for a month!

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Assuming that the STOP message displayed is 0x0000008E (I couldn't tell if it was an 8 or B, care to clarify?), I did some looking around and came across this website. Parameter 1 shows that your problem is a memory violation. That usually tends to be a driver issue or bad RAM. However, it doesn't show how to fix that specific issue. =\

What were you doing prior to this problem occurring? Installed any new hardware?

I'll keep doing some searches and will edit this post if I find anything that could help.

Kota

Alright, your system is pretty close to crashing.

Make sure all your floppy discs and cds are out. Reboot the system. If it comes back up, put everything important to you on a back up device. You'll have to pay someone to re-write your system, or yourself. (If you have the set-up discs) I suggest not doing this if your not tech smart.

You could always buy another computer and import all your stuff from the back up device and there you go.

Also make sure you scan for virus's. That may have caused it.

If you have anymore questions just pm me.

Kota~

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
Umm, more like it IS crashing. And my windows setup CD is all screwed up so I cant re format it (I was kind of hoping for a alternative to wiping it out) And I have re written it several times so figuring it out wont be a problem. (It says something like "File PCI d://(somethingsomething)/setup/setup.c s corrupt" or somethng along those lines when I try formating it) it sucks, I have to use my moms computer.
(Plus Kota, Ii can't scan for viruses, it wont let me get to ANYTHING, iit pops up right before it boots.)

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Whenever I got the blue screen a while back, I got it two or three times that night, but I haven't seen it since.

Petie

Awards
Website
www.spriters-resource.com
Did you try booting into safe mode? I realize this suggestion won't help much now since you're not currently experiencing the problem but it helps to understand what's going on in the long run. It does sound like a hardware/driver problem so if you can boot into safe mode, try system restore and go back a good week or so.

Oh, and for future reference, "The Blue Screen of Death" is actually the generally accepted "official" term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back