• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Technically we can't play KH2 until the 29th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
My gamestop said they would get it in on the 28th. If it is a "big enough" game, they told me that they always will do the same day shipping for the really great, and really big games. They had a midnight release at my local gamestop for the wind waker, and for halo :p

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

sealightbreeze said:
My gamestop said they would get it in on the 28th. If it is a "big enough" game, they told me that they always will do the same day shipping for the really great, and really big games. They had a midnight release at my local gamestop for the wind waker, and for halo :p
Ya, but there are some really big things that they dont do midnight releases for. For instance, my local Gamestop didn't have a midnight release for the Xbox 360.(then again, that's mainly because they recieved such few units. let's hope that's not the case with Kingdom Hearts II)

E

Eclipse

Chances are, YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT ON THE 28TH PEOPLE!!! :p Don't you realize that's the SHIPPING DATE? The date Square Enix releases the games from their warehouses and allows many planes and trucks carry the games to brand name store wareshouses? the 28th is the SHIPPING DAY. after the game reaches the brand name warehouses, (like walmart, target, ebgames, gamestop, funcoland, best buy) Trucks go pick up the stock of games from THAT ware house and bring it to the store. You will ALL get it the 29th. A mere 0.01% of you will get it on the 28th (the ones who are lucky and just tend to have speed of light/ or same day delivery) and a few unlucky ones with late delivery will get it on the 30th. But More than most of you are getting it on the 29th!!!! end of story people. don't believe me? look it up, it's the shipping date. and it takes a day or two to arrive at the stores. You are NOT getting it on the 28th (most of you) i know that as a fact, and from experience from pre-ordering games. good day, sir

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
TwilightSoulKey said:
Chances are, YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT ON THE 28TH PEOPLE!!! :p Don't you realize that's the SHIPPING DATE? The date Square Enix releases the games from their warehouses and allows many planes and trucks carry the games to brand name store wareshouses? the 28th is the SHIPPING DAY. after the game reaches the brand name warehouses, (like walmart, target, ebgames, gamestop, funcoland, best buy) Trucks go pick up the stock of games from THAT ware house and bring it to the store. You will ALL get it the 29th. A mere 0.01% of you will get it on the 28th (the ones who are lucky and just tend to have speed of light/ or same day delivery) and a few unlucky ones with late delivery will get it on the 30th. But More than most of you are getting it on the 29th!!!! end of story people. don't believe me? look it up, it's the shipping date. and it takes a day or two to arrive at the stores. You are NOT getting it on the 28th (most of you) i know that as a fact, and from experience from pre-ordering games. good day, sir

well my gamecrazy is small and fast so I should be one of the 0.01%

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

TwilightSoulKey said:
YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT ON THE 28TH PEOPLE!!! :p Don't you realize that's the SHIPPING DATE? The date Square Enix releases the games from their warehouses and allows many planes and trucks carry the games to brand name store wareshouses? the 28th is the SHIPPING DAY. after the game reaches the brand name warehouses, (like walmart, target, ebgames, gamestop, funcoland, best buy) Trucks go pick up the stock of games from THAT ware house and bring it to the store. You will ALL get it the 29th. A mere 0.01% of you will get it on the 28th (the ones who are lucky and just tend to have speed of light/ or same day delivery) and a few unlucky ones with late delivery will get it on the 30th. But More than most of you are getting it on the 29th!!!! end of story people. don't believe me? look it up, it's the shipping date. and it takes a day or two to arrive at the stores. You are NOT getting it on the 28th (most of you) i know that as a fact, and from experience from pre-ordering games. good day, sir
Ok, for one thing, calm down. Just relax.

For another thing, the release date is not always the shipping date, it depends on the game. Many games are shipped to stores before the official release date but are kept in the back until the official release date. That's how stores are able to have midnight releases, like me and sealightbreeze were just talking about, but you obviously didn't pay attention to.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
dEaTh_bY_pWnInG said:
Ok, for one thing, calm down. Just relax.

For another thing, the release date is not always the shipping date, it depends on the game. Many games are shipped to stores before the official release date but are kept in the back until the official release date. That's how stores are able to have midnight releases, like me and sealightbreeze were just talking about, but you obviously didn't pay attention to.

yea thats wat my gamecrazy does.

E

Eclipse

jaxvex said:
well my gamecrazy is small and fast so I should be one of the 0.01%

not exactly i have a gamecrazy and they tend to have contracts where they only like to ship games on certain days like tuesdays or wednesdays and you better hope it's a tuesday. they're trucks are also not that fast....my ebgames is a few minutes away from gamecrazy...and yet gamecrazy got this really popular game i pre-ordered, but they got it 2 days later than ebgames. They have strict shipping schedules. Usually the tiny stores...because they don't get whopping business, have very stupid shipping schedules. i don't like gamecrazy because they are rather slow, mentally and shipmentwise (one of the cashiers thought kingdom hearts II was a puzzle game for the DS)
all in all...gamecrazy should get it around the 29th though.
only about 100 people on this apprx. 27,000 person forum should get it on the 28th. around 25,000 on the 29th. and around 2,000 on the 30th.

oh and by the way "KINGDOM HEARTS II will ship to North American retailers on March 28, 2006." --- Square Enix's mouths

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
TwilightSoulKey said:
not exactly i have a gamecrazy and they tend to have contracts where they only like to ship games on certain days like tuesdays or wednesdays and you better hope it's a tuesday. they're trucks are also not that fast....my ebgames is a few minutes away from gamecrazy...and yet gamecrazy got this really popular game i pre-ordered, but they got it 2 days later than ebgames. They have strict shipping schedules. Usually the tiny stores...because they don't get whopping business, have very stupid shipping schedules. i don't like gamecrazy because they are rather slow, mentally and shipmentwise (one of the cashiers thought kingdom hearts II was a puzzle game for the DS)
all in all...gamecrazy should get it around the 29th though.
only about 100 people on this apprx. 27,000 person forum should get it on the 28th. around 25,000 on the 29th. and around 2,000 on the 30th.

which one do u go to? cause I get some games the day they come out like X-men legends 2.

E

Eclipse

jaxvex said:
which one do u go to? cause I get some games the day they come out like X-men legends 2.

well you see that's another thing i don't really like is - they aren't reliable. sometimes (few times) they get it earlier than anyone else...and sometimes they get it the latest in the city.

they seem to be so jumbly and have different shipping schedules (i checked them) that you can never be too sure on when they will get it...it's pretty confusing

i chose ebgames, they have gotten it faster than anyone else before, and sometimes they are part of the 0.01%....*Cough* wind waker people..*cough*...

all in all, my advice is to just not choose best buy...they are the ABSOLUTE LATEST it's incredible how stupid and delayed they are. i've had games be released on a monday....come to every other store on a tuesday. and them not get it until a saturday/friday....it's amazying sometimes

you never know though, you might be lucky, there's is the small (around 0.01%) who will get it the 28th....while the rest of us get it later ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back