• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tamora Pierce!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all of her books.

These books all have to do with The Circle of Magic:
1. The Circle of Magic Series (Sandry's Book, Tris's Book, Daja's Book, Briar's Book)
2. The Circle Opens Series (Magic Steps, Street Magic, Cold Fire, Shatterglass)
3. The Will of the Empress- A followup book. Not a series. About all four together.
(The next are all in the same place -Tortall-, and in order acording to events)
4. The Alanna Series (Alanna: The First Adventure, In the Hand of the Goddess, The Woman Who Rides Like a Man, Lioness Rampant)
5. The Immortals Series (Wild Magic, Wolf-Speaker, Emperor Mage, The Realms of the Gods)
6. Protecter of the Small series (First Test, Page, Squire, Lady Knight)
7. The Trickster's Choice, and The Trickster's Queen.
Plus some others.
There are really really awesome!! I love them lots!!!

http://www.tamorapierce.com/index.html

Her offical website.

http://www.tamorapierce.com/about.htm#meltston

Summaries on all of the books!

Last edited:

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I've only read the Circle of Magic series. I have to say, those books were great apart from Sandry. Please? Who would have such a name?

Well her real name is Sadrilene (Sp??) and I love it :)

You mean The Will of the Empress? Yep, I've read it!! It's not part of series though. She is planning to write one more book at least in thes series that I remember -About Tris going to the University of Lightsbridge to earn a liscense so she can just be a normal mage.

Yes I did!!! Well actually... My mummy has a few of them. She's also in love with them and has decided that any book by Tamora Pierce is a good book. She can't decide which ones she likes most. I personally like the Wild Magic series as I would LOVE to have magic like Daine. AND YOU KNEW DWD -glares-

sweet dreams

I've read the lioness books and 3 of the wild magic books ( I'm waiting on the 4th in a new cover desgin ) She is a really nice writing lol she doesn't make her charecters perfect which is nice.
I read on her site last year that she was writing a new series about a reltive of geogre's ( I think thats his name I read these books awhile ago so I'm a bit srachy on the details ) set about 50 years before alana's story took place I think it was comming out in 2007 round than.

Yeah I think I read that too.. And yes it's George. I can't decide which are my favorites! I've read most of them twice. I haven't bought the Circle Opens yet though because I want prettier covers...

sweet dreams said:
I read on her site last year that she was writing a new series about a reltive of geogre's ( I think thats his name I read these books awhile ago so I'm a bit srachy on the details ) set about 50 years before alana's story took place I think it was comming out in 2007 round than.

I believe you're talking about Provost's Dog, which comes out in hardback in October of this year, if I remember correctly.

I've read all of her books and loved them so much I own every single one of them :D. I think I'd have to say Protector of the Small was my favorite series, and out of that quartet I liked Squire the best. I liked the Tortall books more than I did the Emelan ones; I was going through a Tamora Pierce stage when I read the books placed in Tortall, and my obsession had ebbed off by the time I got to Emelan.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
The Protector of the Small series were the first ones I read. A friend then got me hooked on the Lioness books and the Emelan books were the last of hers I read, then I finally started being able to read them as they came out, like Trickster's Choice and such. Yeah, I'm liking the Emelan books better than the ones in Tortall, but that's not gonna stop me from reading them.

I love them all almost equally. I mean, she writes so well!!! The books are perfectly seperated, and spaced well together. She creates amazing well thought out lands, and all such things.

You can find it somewhere on the site... I'll have to look about. It can take her a long to reply which she warns you about. It took her like a year to reply to me, but with all the emails she must get... yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back