• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Advice/Help ► Tagging in AO3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hi everyone if I were to make a fic where an Original character important to the main characters is implied to die would that be considered major character death. The death won’t be shown on screen but implied by certain events and dialoguse final words will be shared between one of the main characters and this original character as well

D

Deleted member 246005

Hi everyone if I were to make a fic where an Original character important to the main characters is implied to die would that be considered major character death. The death won’t be shown on screen but implied by certain events and dialoguse final words will be shared between one of the main characters and this original character as well
You would just tag it "main character death".

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Implied death, major character death

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

From a writing perspective that is expressly difficult to do (if the character has any screen time and interactions in real time not outside of flashbacks). If the character exists in cameo for the length of the story in name alone and expressed to the existing cast intangibly as a legend of sorts or notable but is never actually shown, you may have some lee-way there.

Alexxio M.

Awards
From a writing perspective that is expressly difficult to do (if the character has any screen time and interactions in real time not outside of flashbacks). If the character exists in cameo for the length of the story in name alone and expressed to the existing cast intangibly as a legend of sorts or notable but is never actually shown, you may have some lee-way there.
The story is basically an extensive backstory flashback so I think I’ll have to tag it major character death anyway since this is a real person and not a myth
thanks for all your help

Back