• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

System Of A Down or Linkin Park?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

System of a Down or Linkin Park?

• System of a Down

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Linkin Park

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
I'll have to disagree. System of A Down is way better. Sure, the music in Linkin Park may be a bit evolved, but SOAD has the lyrics. And besides, THEY'RE BOUNCY!!!

^-^

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Feh, songs like Papercut and In the End can't be beat.

Mot

well linkin park r amazing, but they hav gone absolutly shit now becoz of tht gay rapper...but i still think they used to rock :p

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
True, they sold out on their latest cd, at least in my eyes.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Linkin Park, no argument. Anyways SOD is way too politcal in their songs and that pisses me off.

Joy

Bronze Member
Imo, System of a down wipes the floor with linkin park. Probably because I like Hard Rock better than th genre that LP is.

Mezmerize

Myspace Forever!
System of a Down...hands down. One of the easiest questions ive ever had to answer haha. I pick them because well they're my favorite band and i love the lyrics. Daron is an amazing guitarist. Serj has quite the odd voice and thats another reason why i like them because they have their own sound that you always know its them haha.

I have nothing against Linkin Park though. Ther are also a very good band. They cant help it that System is better. :p

BlanK

Website
www.ear-tweak.com
Both are very good bands... no doubt. But for a live band I gotta give the nod to SOD. Went to their Long Beach concert in the summer and they rocked! I think I still have bruises from that night. XD

jk4eva

I don't listen to SoaD, the only song I know from them is "Chop Suey". I do prefer Linkin Park, definitely. Their music appeals to me more.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Zero Rider said:
Linkin Park, no argument. Anyways SOD is way too politcal in their songs and that pisses me off.
How can you hate them for being "too" political? I can rarely ever find a band now that has no problem listing the problems with their government and SoaD should get an extra point for doing so.

People, it's not SoD or SOD. It's SoaD or SOAD = System of a Down.

I'm not going to vote. I like both bands equally.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
System Of A Down's CD's keep getting better. If you've listend from the beginning, from Steal This Album to Toxicity to their latest Mesmerize, the songs and the music dynamics just keep getting better. Linkin Park sounds the same to me.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Linkin Park "rocks" !

They are original while most rock has the same tune in the background. Songs like Crawling, Forgotten and From the Inside have a new and cool tune in the music itself.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Uh, I don't know who said it, but yeah, LP is coming out with a new album...sometime soon.

I think many people have overrated System of a Down. Honestly, they are great, one of the best bands, and as far as being a live band, one of the top ten (as according to Rolling Stones). However, Mesmerize/Hypnotize (look for Hypnotize soon!) has some blacently placed things, and though I hate Bush to know end, you can only hate on a guy so much.

However, Daron is is a fuggin awesome guitarist, I will agree with that.

Now, on the side of Linkin Park. Since when did they sell out? They are their own unique genre, of course they are going to sound the same, because they are the only band (left) of their genre.

I admit, Meteora, while inspirational, left something to be desired... they could have put a little more like actual Rock into it.

HOWEVER.

Chester himself said that Hybrid Theory was more pointed towards him. When it came to Meteora, it was about the mystical qualities of what Hahn and Shenoda could do. Bennington said that while he helped alot with Meteora, it was more aimed to get the other members of the band a spot to shine in.

Personally though, and for the sake of it, I will not vote. It is too close, they both have great traits and bad qualities.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Since when did they sell out? They are their own unique genre, of course they are going to sound the same, because they are the only band (left) of their genre.

Actually, I was talking about their little teamup with Jay-Z.

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
this sucks....make a thread of the two bands i like equally...... i would still have to say this:

1. lyrics: its a tie. emotional lyrics vs political r both great.
2. Band: SOAD has to win. they got teh awesumest drumz an guitar. vocal could be a bit better but i think SOAD will win this one
3. Music Videos: LP ALL TEH WAY. they have the greatest music videos.

and Mike Shinoda is gonna leave LP after the next album (rumor) he will just continue with his rap group: FORT MINOR which have already got a spot at the next vma's.

Chester will also leave soon he has said.

and SOAD nothing will be changed yet. expect hypnotize soon. and a new lp album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back