• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Synthesis Thoughts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

asheron

I recently decided to play through KH2 after beating days... and this time I decided to make my ultima weapon and all that as opposed to my other play throughs. Synthesis items were better in KH 1 by far. Just seemed more useful... as far as I can tell (unless I've really missed something) I'm actually going fora 100% this time I do it everytime on my KH1 playthroughs but there really wasn't anything that was really amazing for me to shoot for in KH2 so I've held off till now.

All that aside, like I said above KH 1's synthesis items seemed far more useful.. but the synthesis system its self...was really really cool now that I've played with it...I have to say it was far more enjoyable I just wish there was more to shoot for... your moogle shoulda had to been fully leveled up to synthesize ultima imo.

What do you think? Also fill me in, if I'm missing something that I'm not able to get till he's fully leveled up.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I always found too many aspects of KH1 were superior to KH2, and synthesis was one of them. Practically everything in KH2 was so easy to obtain, aside from the ones such as HP Boost, Attack Boost etc., which seemingly required items from the Heartless that are so damn hard to find, and when you do, there are only about 4 of them at a time.

At least in KH1, everything you synthesized actually made some type of difference, even if it was in terms of stats, which KH2 really didn't require

asheron

damn, I was hoping that there might be an item I just didn't have access to yet. So gay. There are alot of thigns I really like about KH2 but the easiness is just too apparent. Even on proud mode... if something gave you trouble on normal that was the only way it would give you trouble on proud IE Xaldin for the most part. The one part I really had a problem with my first playthrough on proud mode was when you're running away from Hades the first trip to the collesium(that doesn't look right) for some reason... it owned me over and over possibly me rushing through the game because I wanted the secret ending. KH1 however the first time you fight Guard Armor... and he can 3 shot you... oh jesus that fight still has me on the edge of my seat when I play through KH1 again.

Anyway yea, there are alot of good aspects to it synthesis wise though it just didn't matter as much...it was so much less a sidequest. the only true sidequests that seem hard are the Paradox Cups(which I haven't done,) Sephy and leveling up your forms. REally starting to play with final form though SO much fun/Awesomeness.

Lancelot

Awards
I think the only thing that you get from a fully leveled moogle in KH2 is one of every base item, or something of the like.

Even the Cups aren't even that exciting, in my opinion, especially the one on a time limit, which is such a pain when it's in the Hades Paradox cup, for when you get to the Squall/Tifa/Yuffie battle, considering a lot of the time you only have about 1 minute to defeat them all - 2, if you're lucky at gathering up time from the previous battles - which just made it plain annoying. Sephiroth was just easy in comparison to the KH1 version. I honestly think Enigmatic Soldier would have made for the best aspect of KH2

Lancelot

Awards
Provided you had the right tactics, he was reasonably easy, I agree

asheron

The only truely had thing I found about the Kingdom Hearts series is starting the games on proud mode, normally once you get cure and generally get far enough into the game, you don't even notice it. I can't say the same about "Critical" since I never played FM 2 but ya, Sephy wasn't too bad. To me it was always like playing a Zelda game... not incredibly hard but its fun to hack and slash and add the FF elements of magic and its just a winning combination of fun for me. Battle system wise, even CoM was quite entertaining.

Pratiko

Awards
The only truely had thing I found about the Kingdom Hearts series is starting the games on proud mode, normally once you get cure and generally get far enough into the game, you don't even notice it. I can't say the same about "Critical" since I never played FM 2 but ya, Sephy wasn't too bad. To me it was always like playing a Zelda game... not incredibly hard but its fun to hack and slash and add the FF elements of magic and its just a winning combination of fun for me. Battle system wise, even CoM was quite entertaining.
FM+ should have been KH2 from the Start =/
crit mode is just awesome.

Axel of Ice

FM+ should have been KH2 from the Start =/
crit mode is just awesome.

i tottally agree... i pity all people who bye the english version( i did) which is half as fun as final mix... but at the same time i understand why because sometimes they only think of things after something is released.

Final mix critical is for real men!(or women)

Sandslash

Final mix critical is for real men!(or women)
I agree with you. When I played Critical Mode, It took like 3 hours to beat sephiroth at LV 70. And Enigmatic Soldier is a total Uber...
So... KH2 Critical Mode is a lot harder than KH Proud Mode.

About Synthesis, I hate it in KH but it's perfect in KH2!

theDOOR2light

yes i agree as well. I guess the creators realized how crummy the KH synthesis was, and they added things like recipies into the picture. And they got rid of that stupid mystery goo I mean seriously were they that simple minded that they couldnt think of a name for suposedly "rare" item. do youthink they'l bring back 101 dalmations or would it be too boing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back